Where is Tom Scully at?

samd

Ok, so after recent event i am wanting to know how T Scully is travelling?? Does anyone out ther know the extent to his injury and how much longer he will be on the sideline. Will be underdone coming in, but in light of recent events, it would be great to get some more hard running class out on the field??

It was mentioned during the replay that he had commenced running or was due to start running this week.

It would certainly add some intrigue to the QB game if that was his return match.

It was mentioned during the replay that he had commenced running or was due to start running this week.

It would certainly add some intrigue to the QB game if that was his return match.

Doubt we will make that mistake again.

I actually heard that he went to the 2011 World Handball Championships in Sweden. He met with Ulrik Wilbek, the Danish Coach, and I'm to believe research is still being conducted in regards to the Scully family tree/any Danish connections. It is believed he is considering this sport due to the many issues/concerns surrounding Australian sport, and in particular, the recent form of the GWS in the Foxtel Cup, as well as the uncertainty of if Black Caviar can make it 13 from 13 this weekend.

As a result, the Scully family have ordered an inquest in to the Australian Government's handling of all sports related issues, especially considering how much they publicise Australia as being an obese nation, and yet, are seen to be doing nothing about cleaning up the act of the professional leagues in the Country.

They feel a move to a foreign country, where initially he will not be a household name, so he can concentrate on this change of code. Word is he has all the attributes to make a successful transition to the sport of Handball, and it will be expected that he leads Denmark in the 2013 World Championships.

Source: As reliable as anyone else's has been!

was he? that's fantastic. Any chance of playing any football for the club any time soon or I guess you don't know huh

Yes, he was at the footy, and he stated to Robbo on the ground, who was interviewing him in front of 19,000 odd people, that he was 3 weeks away from returning.

as well as the uncertainty of if Black Caviar can make it 13 from 13 this weekend.

You can put your house on it.

Don't be surprised if it is QB. It may even be against Essendon.

Yes, he was at the footy, and he stated to Robbo on the ground, who was interviewing him in front of 19,000 odd people, that he was 3 weeks away from returning.

any chance of a 3 week extension on that injury about 10 days from now?

Every chance I would have thought.

being able to start training and being fit enough to play AFL are two different things.

I will stick with my prediction of July at the earliest before we see him in the seniors!

Yes of course that will really bring along his developement

As stated before I live near AAMi, Scully spotted lapping last couple of weeks, looks smooth and unimpeded

As stated before I live near AAMi, Scully spotted lapping last couple of weeks, looks smooth and unimpeded

For me, the disappointing factor out of all this is the length of time it has taken to recover. What I mean by this is the fact that we could've placed him on the LTI list, and promoted Evans, who for weeks on end has been tearing it up at Casey. To some degree, we have missed the opportunity for his kid to have a taste of AFL level football, and while it wont hinder his development, it could have fasttracked it somewhat. If think this proves just how unusual this injury of Scully's is, as they haven't been able to committ one way or another.

Bailey & co wouldn't frig around with missing the opportunity to develop another youngster (Evans), who has justifiably deserved a call up to the seniors. I would like to think that if in 2 weeks there is an update and Tom is another 4 weeks away (which has happened so far), I'd like to think the Club will make the big call and declare season over, and promote someone else. I couldn't see the point in pushing Tom, just to get a handful of games out of him this year, when he, like Grimes, will be much more valuable to our finals aspirations next year and beyond.

If the medico's are 100% sure that he is right to go in the mentioned 3-4 week period, that's fine (will give him around 10 or so games for the season). If there is still the slightest doubt after 3 weeks, it's not worth it.

The positive is that Tom has put off contract talks until the end of the season. Maybe we can get him on a technicality and tell him tha this season is over so let's sign!

It's going to be very interesting with Tom, the patella is under enormous load with running. This isn't the first time he has had problems with it. There'll be a lot of nervous people seeing how his patella joint surface holds up to the increased load. Not to be a doomsdayer, but his ultimate return is not an assured thing. Cruelly, joint surfaces can start to degenerate early under repeated damage. Fingers crossed.

Guest Artie Bucco

For me, the disappointing factor out of all this is the length of time it has taken to recover. What I mean by this is the fact that we could've placed him on the LTI list, and promoted Evans, who for weeks on end has been tearing it up at Casey. To some degree, we have missed the opportunity for his kid to have a taste of AFL level football, and while it wont hinder his development, it could have fasttracked it somewhat. If think this proves just how unusual this injury of Scully's is, as they haven't been able to committ one way or another.

Bailey & co wouldn't frig around with missing the opportunity to develop another youngster (Evans), who has justifiably deserved a call up to the seniors. I would like to think that if in 2 weeks there is an update and Tom is another 4 weeks away (which has happened so far), I'd like to think the Club will make the big call and declare season over, and promote someone else. I couldn't see the point in pushing Tom, just to get a handful of games out of him this year, when he, like Grimes, will be much more valuable to our finals aspirations next year and beyond.

If the medico's are 100% sure that he is right to go in the mentioned 3-4 week period, that's fine (will give him around 10 or so games for the season). If there is still the slightest doubt after 3 weeks, it's not worth it.

The positive is that Tom has put off contract talks until the end of the season. Maybe we can get him on a technicality and tell him tha this season is over so let's sign!

This only matters is we would have paid to upgrade Evans and played him in the AFL, which we wouldn't have done at this stage.

He is developing nicely at Casey for now.

Guys like MacDonald and Jetta still can't get into the side, and McKenzie and (fingers crossed) Scully are on their way back.

Why spend the cash upgrading a player you probably won't play?

This only matters is we would have paid to upgrade Evans and played him in the AFL, which we wouldn't have done at this stage.

Guys like MacDonald and Jetta still can't get into the side, and McKenzie and (fingers crossed) Scully are on their way back.

Isn't that the risk(?) you take with promoting rookies? Do we have to pay them more just because they have been promoted? I know that they receive a higher match payment, but we would be paying that to 22 players regardless.

So, based on your logic, we're best not to replace Grimes, Fitzpatrick or Spencer with a rookie (which includes Robbie Campbell), because we have senior-listed players playing at Casey that can't get a game in the seniors? Interesting theory!

Melbourne have a history of promoting rookie players and finding they are more than worthy of senior selection ahead of senior-listed players competing for a similar spot. I think Jordie Mc fits this category doesn't he?

I am all for promoting rookies if they have earnt it, Evans had a couple of years wrecked with injury, that's why he wasn't drafted, question mark......Club probably trying to get his body right and then look....we have enough injury concerns all of a sudden, without rushing into another one

I bet you would be eqaully disappointed if a fully fit and firing Scully was running around for Casey for a month, with 8 weeks on the injury list being the minimum when you upgrade a rookie.... so he could have been left stranded.

This teel me that the club was possibly optimistic about the extent of the injury at the beginning

Club wasnt going to do that to their number one assett

Guest Artie Bucco

Isn't that the risk(?) you take with promoting rookies? Do we have to pay them more just because they have been promoted? I know that they receive a higher match payment, but we would be paying that to 22 players regardless.

So, based on your logic, we're best not to replace Grimes, Fitzpatrick or Spencer with a rookie (which includes Robbie Campbell), because we have senior-listed players playing at Casey that can't get a game in the seniors? Interesting theory!

Melbourne have a history of promoting rookie players and finding they are more than worthy of senior selection ahead of senior-listed players competing for a similar spot. I think Jordie Mc fits this category doesn't he?

Not at all.

You don't promote rookies for the sake of it.

You promote them once they have earnt a game and you are selecting them in the AFL side to play that week.

None of our rookies have done that yet.

Some of them have shown good form, but I doubt any would have been selected for the 1s at this stage if them were on the primary list.

I'm not certain, but I believe there is an initial cost of upgrading a rookie, and then the match payments increase also.

As far as replacing Grimes or Spencer, if they earn it and we intend to play them, upgrade them, of course.

Fitzpatrick has only done an ankle from what I understand.

AB surely we are past the problem of the cash!

I do not think we have any choice but to upgrade Campbell, and why not Evans or Nicholson gives them some extra incentive to play even better with the chance of a game at senior level.