• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

So........ummmm..........

I was wrong......... YAY!!!!!!

Seems Bradfords numbers were decent enough from what i could see while watching the other games.

The Jets were terrible, Sanchez must be very worried that he will lose his spot to Tebow.

• Like 1

Those Eagles know how to win a close one ! The Giants had their chances and could have won it in the end . 3 pass interference calls in Manning's last drive tipped the advantage from one side to the other . 'Icing' the kicker could have backfired for Andy Reid ! McCoy was excellent and Vick had a good game . The NY Giants are 0 - 2 against their division rivals now . In such a tight division that could be a decisive stat .

Important wins to the Rams , Vikings and the Redskins . Minnesota in particular are in great form (grrrrrr). The 'Niners' flexed their muscles . Ditto New England and Houston . San Diego and the Bengals are both 3 and 1 and looking good . Arizona continues to find ways to win and the Falcons pulled one out of the fire .

Denver had a big win and are not out of it . Peyton's numbers were very good - 30/38 for 338 yards and 3 TD's . Bill Simmons describes Peyton's arm as a 'Noodle arm' . Bit harsh and I wonder if he'll try and 'Smooth the waters' in his column later in the week :wacko:

The NFC West is now sitting at 11 and 5 with the nearest best division being the NFC East with 9 wins and 6 losses . The best AFC division is a tie between the AFC North and the AFC South (both at 7 and 8) .

With so many good and very good teams about and with quite a few others that are 'hot and cold' you'd take any sort of win . 8 games this week have been decided by a touchdown or less . We could get another one tomorrow .

Should be a ripper game between the Bears and Dallas . Just can't bring myself to support either team ! A tie is a remote possibility and that would be my ideal result :)

Edited by Macca

Even though I'm happy with my Vikings I think 3-1 at this stage shouldnt be over reacted to. We beat a mistake riddled offense and bad special team Detroit and the jags are pretty bad but we did beat a red hot 49er team. Our true test will come from a really good offense with deep passing ability.

Cowboys get done 34-18 romo with 5 picks. Thanks cowboys

Dallas just continue to turn the ball over . Some of it is just pure bad luck but there's a recurring theme with the Cowboys . They can't seem to able to put it together enough for a prolonged series of games .

The Bears were good today but they were gifted some very easy points . As ya said , Romo with 5 picks is just not good enough . Lot's of pressure from the Chicago defence but at some stage Romo has to come into the category of 'He is what he is' .

I fully expect the Lions to come good at some stage in our division . Wins within the division will be hard earned . It could be that 2 teams get through to the playoffs but there's no guarantees (esp with the NFC West doing very well as a whole)

Edited by Macca

Dallas just continue to turn the ball over . Some of it is just pure bad luck but there's a recurring theme with the Cowboys . They can't seem to able to put it together enough for a prolonged series of games .

The Bears were good today but they were gifted some very easy points . As ya said , Romo with 5 picks is just not good enough . Lot's of pressure from the Chicago defence but at some stage Romo has to come into the category of 'He is what he is' .

I fully expect the Lions to come good at some stage in our division . Wins within the division will be hard earned . It could be that 2 teams get through to the playoffs but there's no guarantees (esp with the NFC West doing very well as a whole)

Bears defence looked nasty and even the whiner managed to throw the ball well. NFC North is shaping up to be a great contest with seemingly 3 quality teams and 1 with the ability to be one. It has worked out well, from a viewer's point, that NFC West and North teams all play each other as there are 8 quality sides which have already given us some tough smash mouth games, although hopefully the Rams can fair a little better against the two other NFC north sides. I'm guessing the wildcards will go to probably Cards (Niners win division) and Bears (Packers win division) but it will be close as all teams have difficult schedules.

Bears defence looked nasty and even the whiner managed to throw the ball well. NFC North is shaping up to be a great contest with seemingly 3 quality teams and 1 with the ability to be one. It has worked out well, from a viewer's point, that NFC West and North teams all play each other as there are 8 quality sides which have already given us some tough smash mouth games, although hopefully the Rams can fair a little better against the two other NFC north sides. I'm guessing the wildcards will go to probably Cards (Niners win division) and Bears (Packers win division) but it will be close as all teams have difficult schedules.

10 wins should get a team a berth in the playoffs you'd reckon . The only NFC teams I'm now prepared to say are 'shoe-ins' for the playoffs are the 49ers and Atlanta . My team has got it's issues and as ya said , the NFC North and the NFC West teams play each other which might allow a 2nd team to get through from the NFC East .

The AFC is a little different . Baltimore , New England , Houston and probably San Diego should win their respective divisions . The Chargers schedule isn't too tough and they are playing well (apart from a poor one against Atlanta) . Denver's schedule gets a lot easier soon but they play the Chargers in San Diego in a couple of weeks . That could be a 'Season definer' !

Your blokes are in a big game on Friday (our time) . It's possibly a must win but I reckon you can do it . Arizona keep winning but they're no world beaters .

And 'cfh' , your Vikings have got a real opportunity in the next 4 games - vs Tennessee , @ Washington , vs Arizona , vs Tampa Bay . Some winnable games there . Or is it 'One week at a time' !?

The Bengals are another team that could scoot away - next 2 are vs Miami then at Cleveland .

Edited by Macca

10 wins should get a team a berth in the playoffs you'd reckon . The only NFC teams I'm now prepared to say are 'shoe-ins' for the playoffs are the 49ers and Atlanta . My team has got it's issues and as ya said , the NFC North and the NFC West teams play each other which might allow a 2nd team to get through from the NFC East .

The AFC is a little different . Baltimore , New England , Houston and probably San Diego should win their respective divisions . The Chargers schedule isn't too tough and they are playing well (apart from a poor one against Houston) . Denver's schedule gets a lot easier soon but they play the Chargers in San Diego in a couple of weeks . That could be a 'Season definer' !

Your blokes are in a big game on Friday (our time) . It's possibly a must win but I reckon you can do it . Arizona keep winning but they're no world beaters .

And 'cfh' , your Vikings have got a real opportunity in the next 4 games - vs Tennessee , @ Washington , vs Arizona , vs Tampa Bay . Some winnable games there . Or is it 'One week at a time' !?

The Bengals are another team that could scoot away - next 2 are vs Miami then at Cleveland .

Although I don't think we are playoff bound, due to offensive inefficiencies, if we are to keep the dream alive we must defeat Arizona this week which based on last weeks form is achievable. If Long and Quinn, our defensive ends, can get to Kolb early he will revert back to his scared old self looking over his shoulder rather than down the field.

Tomorrow's game

10.20 AM Arizona (4-0) at St. Louis (2-2) OneHD

I'll post the full week's games later tonight or tomorrow . Just a heads up on the TV games though .

Fox3 4.00am Monday -Green Bay (2-2) at Indianapolis (1-2)

OneHD 4.00am Monday - Philadelphia (3-1) at Pittsburgh (1-2)

OneHD 7.15am Monday - Denver (2-2) at New England (2-2)

ESPN & OneHD 11.15am Monday - San Diego (3-1) at New Orleans (0-4)

ESPN 11.30am Tuesday - Houston (4-0) at NY Jets (2-2)

Some good match-ups but still no Vikings on the tele 'cfh' !

Edited by Macca

Rams defence was straight up nasty today, 9 sacks and many more shots on Kolb. Felt sorry for the guy back there Quinn looks an absolute star of the future hopeful the offence can find a way to move the football without Amendola as they were pretty ugly today.

Tomorrow's game

10.20 AM Arizona (4-0) at St. Louis (2-2) OneHD

I'll post the full week's games later tonight or tomorrow . Just a heads up on the TV games though .

Fox3 4.00am Monday -Green Bay (2-2) at Indianapolis (1-2)

OneHD 4.00am Monday - Philadelphia (3-1) at Pittsburgh (1-2)

OneHD 7.15am Monday - Denver (2-2) at New England (2-2)

ESPN & OneHD 11.15am Monday - San Diego (3-1) at New Orleans (0-4)

ESPN 11.30am Tuesday - Houston (4-0) at NY Jets (2-2)

Some good match-ups but still no Vikings on the tele 'cfh' !

I know mate it's starting to get to me. But I bet when we do get a game on T.V we get smashed. I feel a bit nervous for the Jets this game could get someone benched against a bloody tough defence. I still have no faith in the Eagles I think their luck will run out soon. Go rams! That is a big win and honestly it's good to see teams improve compared to last year.

Good win to the Rams . St Louis now go to 3 and 2 . That is an interesting division !

Here's the week 5 games and a podcast preview from Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal . They do a quick review of last weeks games and try to guess the lines for this weeks games (with a touch of humour thrown in) ...

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8450119

FRI, OCT 5

10.20 AM Arizona 3 (4-1) at St. Louis 17 (3-2) OneHD

MON, OCT 8

4.00 AM Miami (1-3) at Cincinnati (3-1)

4.00 AM Green Bay (2-2) at Indianapolis (1-2) Fox3

4.00 AM Baltimore (3-1) at Kansas City (1-3)

4.00 AM Atlanta (4-0) at Washington (2-2)

4.00 AM Cleveland (0-4) at NY Giants (2-2)

4.00 AM Philadelphia (3-1) at Pittsburgh (1-2) OneHD

7.05 AM Seattle (2-2) at Carolina (1-3)

7.05 AM Chicago (3-1) at Jacksonville (1-3)

7.25 AM Tennessee (1-3) at Minnesota (3-1)

7.25 AM Denver (2-2) at New England (2-2) OneHD

7.25 AM Buffalo (2-2) at San Francisco (3-1)

11.20 AM San Diego (3-1) at New Orleans (0-4) OneHD & ESPN

TUES, OCT 9

11.30 AM Houston (4-0) at NY Jets (2-2) ESPN

·Bye: Dallas, Detroit, Oakland, Tampa Bay

Edited by Macca

Bit late with Bill Simmon's column but it's worth a look even if just for the 'Worst movie death scene ever'

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8465998/the-island-dr-simbeau

PATS (-6.5) over Broncos

Q: You trashed Peyton Manning last week and picked the Raiders to win. Insanity, Bill. Manning went 30 of 38 for 338 for three touchdowns and no picks. Say you're sorry. Say it. We deserve that much. We're coming to your house next. Tell me you're not the least bit worried about Manning. I dare you.

—Matt Beaudin, Boulder, CO

SG: Of course! Manning could be wearing Steve Grogan's 30-pound neck brace from the '89 season and moving around like Hugh Hefner and I'd still be worried. He's Peyton Manning. Just seeing the "18," seeing the audible-ing at the line, seeing that giant red splotch on his forehead after every series … that stuff will always make me uneasy no matter how old he is. But right now, every Manning throw wobbles in the air with barely enough juice to get where it needs to go. It's just a fact. My buddy Gus (die-hard Broncos fan) and I have been joking about it for weeks — he keeps texting me, "You don't want the Noodle!" and I keep texting back, "GIVE ME THE NOODLE!" Even the Broncos fans know. Deep down, anyway. But as Greg Schiano would say, that doesn't mean it's not not fun

4-1 Vikings happy days indeed. Ponder threw his first pick but got 2 TD's and 258 yards. I think we [censored] the 49ers off when we beat them they look scary good.

The eagles luck finally runs put. I really thought Carolina would have been much better this year and this week against Seattle at home. Sorry about Green Bay Macca what the hell happened? I have only read the RG3 got a fair knock to the head has anyone seen it? He should be rested next week for precaution and it has nothing to do with them playing the vikings next week I promise. ;)

The eagles luck finally runs put. I really thought Carolina would have been much better this year and this week against Seattle at home. Sorry about Green Bay Macca what the hell happened? I have only read the RG3 got a fair knock to the head has anyone seen it? He should be rested next week for precaution and it has nothing to do with them playing the vikings next week I promise. ;)

It's gonna be tough from here on in for the 'Pack' . I suppose we've gotta aim for 10 wins and in the process have the best W/L record against the other 3 teams within the division . 5 and 1 will get it done but maybe 4 and 2 will suffice . Overall we'd have to win at least 8 from 11 from here to get to a 10 and 6 record - tall order . Winning against your Vikes , the Lions and the Bears will help our cause but right now that's a big ask .

To be quite honest , we're not playing anywhere near well enough . Other teams have worked out how to beat us . Haven't given up by any means and I'm sure Mike McCarthy and Rodgers will conjure something up . It just needs to happen quick smart !

Credit to the Colts though , they came back from a big deficit . Andrew Luck and Reggie Wayne had big games

Minnesota just keep marching on hey ? Good on 'em . Those divisional games will hold the key going forward though . Thought the Jags had a chance today against the Bears but not so . They were putrid .

Edited by Macca

Hello again NFL fans! I've been away a while now. But back. Have been watching the season closely. Given all the luck my Iggles missed out on last year, it seems they have found some this year... Having said that, quality wise, they're sort of treading water. Signed and drafted 2 linebackers who have been doing well, but then the DL has recorded hardly any sacks. Rodgers Cromartie at cornerback has been fantastic, but then Nnamdi hasn't... We finally found some run defence, but haven't used our pro bowl RB much... Jackson is back in form, but Vick has lost his effortless touch. Found some new names, but then our starting centre and left tackle, both of whom are our best offensive linemen are both gone for the season, which has had a horrible effect on Vick being hurried and hit...

Bottom line, if we can curtail the turnovers even just a little bit, we'd be 4-2 with wins over the Ravens, Steelers and Giants... that's pretty hefty opposition. The Eagles have been ok somehow... but I think the damn might just burst if they can't work out some cohesion on the OL.... This week against Lions, going into the bye, would have them 4-2 or 3-3... Huge game.

As for the other teams, can't believe my pick, the Pack have lost their mojo. The Saints have been awful. But really it's all about the Texans and 49ers this year. Both sides lethal in a big way. With Falcons not far behind. Matty Ice currently my league MVP.

Hello again NFL fans! I've been away a while now. But back. Have been watching the season closely. Given all the luck my Iggles missed out on last year, it seems they have found some this year... Having said that, quality wise, they're sort of treading water. Signed and drafted 2 linebackers who have been doing well, but then the DL has recorded hardly any sacks. Rodgers Cromartie at cornerback has been fantastic, but then Nnamdi hasn't... We finally found some run defence, but haven't used our pro bowl RB much... Jackson is back in form, but Vick has lost his effortless touch. Found some new names, but then our starting centre and left tackle, both of whom are our best offensive linemen are both gone for the season, which has had a horrible effect on Vick being hurried and hit...

Bottom line, if we can curtail the turnovers even just a little bit, we'd be 4-2 with wins over the Ravens, Steelers and Giants... that's pretty hefty opposition. The Eagles have been ok somehow... but I think the damn might just burst if they can't work out some cohesion on the OL.... This week against Lions, going into the bye, would have them 4-2 or 3-3... Huge game.

As for the other teams, can't believe my pick, the Pack have lost their mojo. The Saints have been awful. But really it's all about the Texans and 49ers this year. Both sides lethal in a big way. With Falcons not far behind. Matty Ice currently my league MVP.

Welcome back Dappa ,

Yeah , agree with your views re the Packers , Houston , 49ers and Atlanta . Also reckon the Pats and to a lesser extent , the Ravens will both play a huge part this season . There are a few teams that could create some havoc in the playoffs if they can make it .

Obviously the Giants are one of those teams along with Piitsburgh , your Eagles and my Packers . The Rams and the Vikings are another couple of teams that are doing well . Green Bay at this stage will do well to make it . We're at Houston next week (SNF) so it doesn't get any easier . I mentioned in a previous post that the Packers have to win as many games as possible against their divisional rivals . 5 and 1 or better has to happen and it won't be easy in that division .

As we know , wild card teams can go a long way in the playoffs and it could be a mad scramble in the last few weeks (in both the AFC and the NFC)