• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

What an exciting game - so glad it was one OneHD! That was a really important win for us. Understatement of the year perhaps, but at 0-3 it's season over, which would have been a disaster given there's expectation for KC this year for the first time in a long time. 1-2 puts us one game behind the division lead! We still have a few things to iron out (red zone offence was terrible today) and hopefully the injuries we had today weren't too serious, but there were some good signs. Jamaal Charles was back to his old self, which is a huge relief after the NFL's #2 RB in 2010 missed last season with an ACL. Cassel has some legitimate weapons to throw to, I just hope he can be competent enough to take advantage of them. The D was very good today after the Saints opening TD drive. Their other two TD scores came from very good field position. So yep, I'll take the win and hope we've turned the corner. We just need to bring our best every week. The only teams we play for the duration of the season who are clearly better than us are Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Great day's action today - so many exciting finishes and crazy results.

Yeah , watched your game (on delay). Nearly called it quits a few times and was tempted to do the old FF bit , but stuck with it . Great finish .

Had a quick squizz at your schedule and you're right , it's not that tough . Much depends on how good Denver and the Chargers really are . San Diego wouldn't be happy about only scoring 3 points at home today . Oakland can't be discounted either after knocking over the Steelers today . But .......as ya said , you're only 1 win away from leading the division ...

Everything went right for us. Blocked Field goal before half time. Smith finally threw a pick. Our first TD was a 4th and Goal and 49ers defence had a off game. Stafford may be out next week for the lions too. We did lose to Indy last week who lost to the Jags so I'm not getting too carried away.

Still haven't seen the highlights of your game but that's a colossal win all the same . Big game next week at Detroit . Stafford may have re-injured his hammy (or glut) . Equal leader of the NFC North right now are the Vikings . You probably should be 3 and 0 !

Still haven't seen the highlights of your game but that's a colossal win all the same . Big game next week at Detroit . Stafford may have re-injured his hammy (or glut) . Equal leader of the NFC North right now are the Vikings . You probably should be 3 and 0 !

Trust me I'm happy with 2-1 but that loss at Indy could hurt us. We have to beat Detroit if we are any chance. Looks like our division will be tight but I think it's between your packers and Detroit

Yeah , watched your game (on delay). Nearly called it quits a few times and was tempted to do the old FF bit , but stuck with it . Great finish .

Had a quick squizz at your schedule and you're right , it's not that tough . Much depends on how good Denver and the Chargers really are . San Diego wouldn't be happy about only scoring 3 points at home today . Oakland can't be discounted either after knocking over the Steelers today . But .......as ya said , you're only 1 win away from leading the division ...

KC, Denver and San Diego are all in the same bracket - contenders for a playoff spot and maybe one win in the playoffs, but not contenders to win or make the Superbowl. If one of these three teams can dominate against their divisional opponents, they will almost guarantee themselves the division title. The AFC West will be a bit of a lottery and often teams will split their games against each other. Even Oakland could bob up and beat any of these teams on their day. It's shaping as one of the more entertaining divisional races again.

Wow what a crazy finish, seen the replay 3 or 4 times still can't see how its a Seattle catch looks like jennings is all over it.

That was bizarre . You like to win or lose fair and square but if it were roles reversed I'd be rather embarrassed . Every game is so vital and that loss (or win to Seattle) changes so many things .

Not sure the officials upstairs can reverse the decision at that time of the game (in those particular circumstances) . The official who gave the touchdown was in front of the catch and I can see how from his view , he could award it to Seattle . On 1st view , in real time , I thought the Seattle receiver (Tate) had caught the ball .

But surely common sense should have prevailed and the sport is more often than not , governed by replay . And the replays subsequently showed Jennings intercepted the ball . What was even worse was that Tate shoved a Packers defender in the back with both hands . What a debacle !

Must say though , there were quite a few questionable calls throughout the match . Both teams got lucky on occasions but as so often happens , it's the last call that is remembered .

Anyway , what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :wacko:

Edited by Macca

That was bizarre . You like to win or lose fair and square but if it were roles reversed I'd be totally embarrassed . Every game is so vital and that loss (or win to Seattle) changes so many things .

Not sure the officials upstairs can reverse the decision at that time of the game . The official who gave the touchdown was in front of the catch and I can see how from his view , he could award it to Seattle . But surely common sense should have prevailed .

Anyway , what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :wacko:

Got the rough end of the stick there Macca hopefully it doesn't come back later to bite you. Not only did Tate not have possession of the ball (until he wrestled it away) he seemed to clearly extend his arms and push out the defender before he went up for it, a penalty they have been calling all week!

Packers defence looked pretty tight all game, the offensive line got beat down think they had 8 or 9 sacks on A Rod and he was under pressure for the majority of time I was watching.

Got the rough end of the stick there Macca hopefully it doesn't come back later to bite you. Not only did Tate not have possession of the ball (until he wrestled it away) he seemed to clearly extend his arms and push out the defender before he went up for it, a penalty they have been calling all week!

Packers defence looked pretty tight all game, the offensive line got beat down think they had 8 or 9 sacks on A Rod and he was under pressure for the majority of time I was watching.

Yeah , it's tough for any offence to do well Seattle . Thought our defence did well again . If Seattle can find a way to win away from home they're a real chance .

To be honest , I thought it was anyone's match . If we had won I would have been happy but not convinced . Seems our defence has improved somewhat but our offence is nowhere near at their optimum . Rodgers being sacked 8 or 9 times is unacceptable - even in Seattle !

Seems that there's gonna be some huge fallout from today's finish . Takes away from a classic defensive match . We got a very favourable call in that drive for our only touchdown . Can't recall the players involved but Seattle were called for pass interference when it was clearly not there .

I can't believe that call. That is a interception AND pass interference every day. I thought Jennings would have knocked it down but he did have possession of the ball. The poo is gonna hit the fan with these ref's. On a lighter side I bet Macca wished Leo Barry was a safety for the Packers.

I can't believe that call. That is a interception AND pass interference every day. I thought Jennings would have knocked it down but he did have possession of the ball. The poo is gonna hit the fan with these ref's. On a lighter side I bet Macca wished Leo Barry was a safety for the Packers.

Good analogy 'cfh' . It was a classic Leo Barry type mark hey ?

It's often difficult to be positive at these times but I can't help but feel that this will steel the Packers . We've got the Saints at home next week . I'm less worried about the result of that game after today's proceedings .

And in a weird way , this sort of thing really does promote the sport . 'Any publicity is good publicity' sorta thing . What a bizarre week of games !

Edited by Macca

Good analogy 'cbh' . It was a classic Leo Barry type mark hey ?

It's often difficult to be positive at these times but I can't help but feel that this will steel the Packers . We've got the Saints at home next week . I'm less worried about the result of that game after today's proceedings .

And in a weird way , this sort of thing really does promote the sport . 'Any publicity is good publicity' sorta thing . What a bizarre week of games !

I tell ya what I'm glad the Vikings are not playing you blokes next week Packers will be spitting fire and I think the coach less saints will get smashed. I just watched a couple of video's on Espn and to see Steve young and Trent Dilfer go off at the NFL is just a glimpse of how bad this has become. Players have tweeted some charming things about the NFL. As the AFL grows and expands I hope it's arrogance doesn't grow to the Level of the NFL head office.

I tell ya what I'm glad the Vikings are not playing you blokes next week Packers will be spitting fire and I think the coach less saints will get smashed. I just watched a couple of video's on Espn and to see Steve young and Trent Dilfer go off at the NFL is just a glimpse of how bad this has become. Players have tweeted some charming things about the NFL. As the AFL grows and expands I hope it's arrogance doesn't grow to the Level of the NFL head office.

Give 'em time , they'll get there !

Just like the AFL , the NFL has quite a few grey areas . I usually just take the good with the bad . Pass interference seems to be the biggest issue with these replacement Refs . But even with the proper Refs it remains an issue which they'll never get 100% right .

As I said in an earlier post , the Packers were the beneficiaries of a questionable pass interference call on their drive to our only touchdown . I remember thinking at the time that the luck was with us . Little did I know what was to follow ! Also , we were extremely lucky to recover a fumble on Seattle's 1 yard line late in the game .

Many games are wild affairs with a fumble , a dropped catch , an interception , a missed field goal or other things that can decide a game . Today's ending was just another way to lose (or win) . It's a crazy sport sometimes !

A brief summary of some of the weekends games ...

The Giants made a real statement in Carolina with a convincing victory . To win that easily and especially the way they started means they've probably still got that hunger . They're at Philadelphia next (SNF) . Should be a cracker .

KC had a huge comeback win over the Saints and the Vikings are right in the hunt now with a terrific win over the 49ers . Puts a lot of interest in their respective divisions with perhaps Minnesota having a real opportunity going forward .

The Jets win in O/T at Miami to silence a few critics though losing Darrelle Revis with a torn ACL is a huge blow . Washington had a real chance to go 2 and 1 against the Bengals but just fell short .

Atlanta and Houston continue to impress with excellent away wins . Both teams are 3 and 0 and look headed for the playoffs . The only other 3 and 0 team , Arizona , won easily and have sent a message to the 49ers .

The Steelers drop a vital game at Oakland and Baltimore win the match of the round vs New England . The Pats are 1 and 2 but you'd reckon they'll be thereabouts come playoffs time .

The best performed division is the NFC West with a record of 8 and 4 . Next best is the NFC East with a record of 7 and 5

And finally , 'Golden-Gate' or 'Clueless in Seattle' .

Re 'that catch' . Apparently in this particular instance the booth review cannot determine possession . They can only determine whether the ball hit the ground or not . So it appears the booth review made the right call . It does seem , however , that we have a flaw in the rules . You'd reckon 'upstairs' should be able to overturn an obvious error .

So .........the onus remains with the replacement refs . Or more importantly the onus lies with Roger Goodell . He needs to sort out the issue with the referee's . But ..........we keep hearing that it's the 'Billionaire' owners that pull the strings . They , in effect , control Roger Goodell .

Edited by Macca

I haven't seen a Arizona game just highlights I know it's early but are they the real deal?

Next week they host Miami then they're @ St Louis , vs Buffalo , @ Minnesota . They could realistically be 5 and 2 or better after that stretch of games . They had a poor start last season but I'm fairly sure they won 7 of their last 9 games . (incl wins over San Fran , @ Philadelphia and Dallas) . All up they've won 10 of their last 12 .

There's nearly always a team or 3 that come from nowhere to make the playoffs . Obviously a teams schedule plays a big part and the strength of their division is a big factor . The numbers suggest it's all about Arizona's defence .

Edited by Macca

FRI, SEPT 28

10.20 AM Cleveland (0-3) at Baltimore (2-1) OneHD

Divisional rivals go at each other . The Ravens played the Pats in SNF so they don't get a lot of rest . Hopefully the Browns can take it up to them and we get a close one .

I'll post the rest of the week 4 games later tonight ...

Edited by Macca

Week 4 ...

Bill Simmons and cousin Sal's podcast on this weeks games . http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8421270

9 divisional games this week . SNF and MNF again provide 2 really good match-ups . Quite a few other vital games including San Francisco at the Jets , New England at Buffalo and Minnesota at Detroit . All up , most of the games have a lot of interest . And 'Hipster' , that's good news re the referees .

FRI, SEPT 28

10.20 AM Cleveland 16 at Baltimore 23 OneHD

MON, OCT 1

3.00 AM Carolina (1-2) at Atlanta (3-0)

3.00 AM New England (1-2) at Buffalo (2-1) OneHD

3.00 AM Minnesota (2-1) at Detroit (1-2)

3.00 AM San Diego (2-1) at Kansas City (1-2)

3.00 AM Seattle (2-1) at St. Louis (1-2)

3.00 AM San Francisco (2-1) at NY Jets (2-1) Fox2

3.00 AM Tennessee (1-2) at Houston (3-0)

6.05 AM Cincinnati (2-1) at Jacksonville (1-2)

6.05 AM Miami (1-2) at Arizona (3-0)

6.05 AM Oakland (1-2) at Denver (1-2)

6.25 AM New Orleans (0-3) at Green Bay (1-2) OneHD

6.25 AM Washington (1-2) at Tampa Bay (1-2)

10.20 AM NY Giants (2-1) at Philadelphia (2-1) OneHD & ESPN

TUES, OCT 2

10.30 AM Chicago (2-1) at Dallas (2-1) ESPN

·Bye: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh

Edited by Macca

Ravens too good . Cleveland made 'em earn it and could have tied the game late .

Didn't notice the refs :)

Ahhh Seattle at home..............here's a loss.

I reckon the Rams will win tomorrow . Wouldn't it be ironic if Seattle lose the game on a dubious call :)

Here's Bill Simmon's 'Grantland' column on tomorrow's games ...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8435690/welcome-elaborate-chat

Patriots (-4.5) over BILLS

Q: Can you look up the win-loss record of the Patriots when they're up by 6 or less with 5 or less minutes left on the clock in the 4th quarter? It can't be good. Whenever a halfway decent team has a chance to win the game on the last drive I feel like I'm going to puke. This is exactly how the Patriots lost both Superbowls to the Giants. I don't really have anything particularly clever or humorous to add in hopes of seeing this email in a mail bag but holy crap I hate the 4th quarter Patriots.

—Trent, Orlando

SG: You know, I thought about spending 25 minutes looking this up until realizing that I didn't want to know the answer. Remember the days when the Belichick/Brady Pats closed like Mariano Rivera when Mariano Rivera was still Mariano Rivera? What happened? Seriously, what the hell happened?

Phew ! I'll take any sorta win in this League . So many twists and turns .

Hey 'cbh' , does this mean we have to 'barrack' for Dallas tomorrow ? It's just doesn't seem right !

• Like 1

Phew ! I'll take any sorta win in this League . So many twists and turns .

Hey 'cbh' , does this mean we have to 'barrack' for Dallas tomorrow ? It's just doesn't seem right !

Yeah I guess we have to go for the over rated cowboys. Special teams won the game for the Vikings. A kick off TD and a punt return TD was the difference today. 3-1 is not what I expected so I'm very happy. Detroit are pretty ordinary at the moment but have nothing on those jets and they have more injuries.