Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

Yeah. Those first four teams really do look so far ahead of everyone else. Kind of like how the Saints, Patriots and Packers have been in recent years. It's good, a changing of the guard. The 49ers particularly surprise the hell out of me. I remember when they beat the Eagles last year everyone was shocked, since they weren't supposed to be good. Fast forward a year and they're pretty much the most feared outfit in the NFL. They get it right don't they, the Americans. Loving the Vikings and Cards too... Rams are finally putting it together, as is their whole division actually. A couple of years ago that division was the laughing stock of the league. Reward for effort. I picked the pack to go all the way this year, and I expect them to work their way into contention again. Rodgers will see to that. And I'm excited to see how the NFC East plays out. With the Skins doing so well, it actually looks like it'll be a 4 horse race right up until the last couple of divisional games. The Giants beat the Iggles last year in their early meeting, and that win was actually what made the difference and got them into the playoffs, and eventually a superbowl title. This year the corresponding game was a win for Reid's boys... Dunno if that will make a difference, but I know being 3-2 instead of 1-4 like last year means that I have some faith.

This is a good forum to be on I reckon. From my count we have an Eagles supporter, a couple of 49ers fans, A Texans fan, Giants, a number of packers fans....That's a fairly good spread of business end teams. I think even a Cards fan might be banging around... even they're looking pretty good.

Welcome back Dan. All in all it's been a pretty good start to the season. You are right it's good to see some other teams like the 49ers and Texans get a bunch of wins instead of the same old teams. There are some tough AFC teams out there with Houston and Baltimore looking pretty good. In the NFC I wouldn't forget about Chicago. If they can keep their offence ticking over with their very good defence they have a fair chance. I think Everyone agree's if the eagles can hold onto the ball and give Vick some time you guys will win more then you lose. Are you sick of close games yet?

I jus saw this and thought I would pass it on. It's Eric Winston from KC talking about the Chiefs fans cheering when Cassel got KO'd.

http://youtu.be/X7tG8HJsi0Y

I jus saw this and thought I would pass it on. It's Eric Winston from KC talking about the Chiefs fans cheering when Cassel got KO'd.

http://youtu.be/X7tG8HJsi0Y

Thanks cowboy. Very well said. I'm not in any way condoning the fans, this booing and frustration is misplaced. It should be directed at the front office, but pent-up frustration found its way out in that moment because you can't get the people who have consistently failed to get even a very good QB in since Trent Green left. This is a very good all-round KC team this season that is now 1-4 and totally stuffed. Yes, there have been injuries consistently, but Cassel has to shoulder much of the blame as his turnovers are a key reason we lost the last two games. I wouldn't boo him. You just have to understand that he's doing his bestbut he's not good enough. He didn't force the club to make him starting QB.

Thanks cowboy. Very well said. I'm not in any way condoning the fans, this booing and frustration is misplaced. It should be directed at the front office, but pent-up frustration found its way out in that moment because you can't get the people who have consistently failed to get even a very good QB in since Trent Green left. This is a very good all-round KC team this season that is now 1-4 and totally stuffed. Yes, there have been injuries consistently, but Cassel has to shoulder much of the blame as his turnovers are a key reason we lost the last two games. I wouldn't boo him. You just have to understand that he's doing his bestbut he's not good enough. He didn't force the club to make him starting QB.

Yeah it was pretty well said and I suppose in Aussie rules and NFL it's easy to see these players as machines who spit out touchdowns and interceptions. Eric Winston just personalised it in a way. I get the frustration though it did remind me of Morton getting jeered off after he injured himself.

Tomorrow's game ...

11.20 AM Pittsburgh at Tennessee OneHD

Will post the rest of the games later tonight or tomorrow sometime .

Just a heads up on the 'TV' games

MON, OCT 15

4.00 AM Detroit at Philadelphia OneHD

4.00 AM Foxtel have a scheduled match but the actual game is not listed yet - be good if it were Dallas @ Baltimore . Sorry 'cfh' , it can't be the Vikings @ Washington as this is a 'Late' game and Foxtel are still only covering 1 game .

7.25 AM NY Giants at San Francisco OneHD

11.20 AM Green Bay at Houston OneHD & ESPN

TUES, OCT 16

11.30 AM Denver at San Diego ESPN

Some ripper games there with the probable match of the round being the 'Late' game between the Giants and the 49ers .

Edited by Macca

A couple of good games with Giants and 49ers and Green bay and Houston. Do you give your blokes a chance Macca?

Vikings at Washington will be interesting to see if our defence can hold a groggy RG3 to not a lot of yards. If Jarred Allen gets hold of RG3 he might have a early night.

A couple of good games with Giants and 49ers and Green bay and Houston. Do you give your blokes a chance Macca?

Vikings at Washington will be interesting to see if our defence can hold a groggy RG3 to not a lot of yards. If Jarred Allen gets hold of RG3 he might have a early night.

Cedric Benson is out for 8 weeks so we're in almighty trouble at the RB position . James Starks is over his 'Turf Toe' but he seems out of favor anyway . Rodgers is gonna have to throw and hit targets all game by the looks of it . Our new designated RB (Alex Green) has the job ahead of him . No such thing as an honourable loss in the NFL and at Green Bay there are very high expectations .

A win is possible but not probable . Those Texans are the real deal and have a terrific all round game . Maybe Houston will have an off night or Rodgers has a huge night ? I did note that Houston are only -3.5 favourites :)

There's some really interesting games this week and that Vikings/Redskins game is a good one . Detroit at the Eagles is another game with high interest . The Lions came into the season with big expectations but so far have shown very little . Philadelphia have a chance to sneak a break if their divisional rivals all lose .

Cedric Benson is out for 8 weeks so we're in almighty trouble at the RB position . James Starks is over his 'Turf Toe' but he seems out of favor anyway . Rodgers is gonna have to throw and hit targets all game by the looks of it . Our new designated RB (Alex Green) has the job ahead of him . No such thing as an honourable loss in the NFL and at Green Bay there are very high expectations .

A win is possible but not probable . Those Texans are the real deal and have a terrific all round game . Maybe Houston will have an off night or Rodgers has a huge night ? I did note that Houston are only -3.5 favourites :)

There's some really interesting games this week and that Vikings/Redskins game is a good one . Detroit at the Eagles is another game with high interest . The Lions came into the season with big expectations but so far have shown very little . Philadelphia have a chance to sneak a break if their divisional rivals all lose .

Brian Cushing, Houston Texans inside linebacker and defensive captain is out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL, plays a big part of their defence and will be much worse off without him. The key will be for Packers O-Line to keep Watt off Rodgers, they guy has been wreaking havoc this year second in sacks got a few forced fumbles as well, should be a fun game to watch.

Brian Cushing, Houston Texans inside linebacker and defensive captain is out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL, plays a big part of their defence and will be much worse off without him. The key will be for Packers O-Line to keep Watt off Rodgers, they guy has been wreaking havoc this year second in sacks got a few forced fumbles as well, should be a fun game to watch.

Yeah , ya right , should be a good game to watch . Rodgers came out today and said that he had to lift his own game . I like that kinda honesty in sport . It's often better to come straight out and admit a problem rather than make excuses . In the NFL there's nowhere to hide and all the teams seem to have high expectations .

Take Indi and the Redskins for instance . Now that they've got decent QB's the expectation is to win - right now . To a point where RG3 probably should be rested against Minnesota . But Washington need to win to keep their playoff chances alive . Thus , he'll most probably play . The Colts impressed me last week and Andrew Luck is gonna be very very good .

Here's the full weeks games and a preview podcast from Bill Simmons ...

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8479152

And here's the standings ... http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

Click on any team for further news , information and fixtures ...

FRI, OCT 12

11.20 AM Pittsburgh 23 at Tennessee 26 OneHD

That's a costly loss for the Steelers .

MON, OCT 15

4.00 AM Detroit (1-3) at Philadelphia (3-2) OneHD

4.00 AM Dallas (2-2) at Baltimore (4-1) Fox3

4.00 AM Oakland (1-3) at Atlanta (5-0)

4.00 AM Cincinnati (3-2) at Cleveland (0-5)

4.00 AM St. Louis (3-2) at Miami (2-3)

4.00 AM Indianapolis (2-2) at NY Jets (2-3)

4.00 AM Kansas City (1-4) at Tampa Bay(1-3)

7.05 AM Buffalo (2-3) at Arizona(4-1)

7.05 AM New England (3-2) at Seattle (3-2)

7.25 AM Minnesota (4-1) at Washington (2-3)

7.25 AM NY Giants (3-2) at San Francisco (4-1) OneHD

11.20 AM Green Bay (2-3) at Houston (5-0) OneHD & ESPN

TUES, OCT 16

11.30 AM Denver (2-3) at San Diego (3-2) ESPN

Edited by Macca

Oh and we get Dallis v Baltimore!!!! I got that ready for taping, can't wait to get home tomorrow arvo and watch it!

Yeah , Monday's are a mad scramble during the NFL season . I like the EPL and the baseball as well so fitting in those 3 sports and work is an exhausting effort . By midnight I'm cooked !

Here's Bill Simmons weekly column . Nearly always entertaining ...

http://www.grantland...4/to-believe-in

Cowboys (+3.5) over RAVENS

Q: How far away are we from an ESPN documentary about the Ryan brothers where Rob is interviewed from prison and Rex steps out of his trailer wielding a shotgun telling Jeremy Schapp to get the @%$& off his property?

—Dustin, Charlotte

SG: Probably about five and a half years. I'm saying 2018 to be safe. For some insane reason, I love the Cowboys coming off a bye this week — as long as their offensive line isn't getting trampled by an elite defense (like the Seahawks or Bears, both of whom undressed them), they're fine.

Edited by Macca

Wow. Tough loss for Eagles. Maclin TD and I'm celebrating thinking we're almost to a 4-2 record before the bye, then the wheels came off completely. Not one phase of the game did their job in the last 6 minutes. Devastating loss. Eagles now probably less than a middle of the road team. McCoy not playing like a pro bowler, Vick going to get benched if he goes on like this. Reid likely to get canned. Very, very wobbly. Interesting to see the Giants manhandle the 49ers... who put up 80 points or something in 2 weeks. And with RG3 running all over the place against a strong Vikings this year. The only solace, Dallas look even worse than the Eagles... Got a lot of work to do.

Wow. Tough loss for Eagles. Maclin TD and I'm celebrating thinking we're almost to a 4-2 record before the bye, then the wheels came off completely. Not one phase of the game did their job in the last 6 minutes. Devastating loss. Eagles now probably less than a middle of the road team. McCoy not playing like a pro bowler, Vick going to get benched if he goes on like this. Reid likely to get canned. Very, very wobbly. Interesting to see the Giants manhandle the 49ers... who put up 80 points or something in 2 weeks. And with RG3 running all over the place against a strong Vikings this year. The only solace, Dallas look even worse than the Eagles... Got a lot of work to do.

Once again there is another round of upsets with the Giants (understandable) the Bills,Packers and Seattle wins I did not expect at all. I feel for you Dan it must be hard being a eagles fan I always expect them to do well. My vikings got absolutely smoked by RG3's running game. He rushed for 138 yards and he is not my friend anymore. He smashed us. Ponder has regressed the last two weeks with 4 picks in two games. I am not over stating it when I say we HAVE to win the next 4 games if we are any chance in the NFC north. We have Arizona and then the bucs at home then at Seattle then home to Detroit. We have to win them because after that we are at Chicago then at Green Bay then host chicago again. Could lose all 3 and its season over. Packers are coming strong and their offence clicked I think I might put some coin on them.

I noticed the Rams were at the Miami 19 with 30 seconds in the first half, yet we got no score. I wish I knew what happened. Going by our numbers we played well but could not score!!!! Oh well, we will get there!

Packers are at St Louis next week . Big clash for quite a few on 'land !

Relieved to win that game against the Texans . Green Bay came to play but Houston had a really off day . Rodgers was great with 6 TD's . There's hardly any guaranteed wins in the NFL and next week could go down to the wire .

Watched the end of the Eagles game and thought you had 'em Dappa . Was genuinely surprised by the ease of the Giants win and how about Seattle ? Russell Wilson is stepping up and surprising a few people . The Bills helped the other 3 teams in the NFC West division with an upset win . Didn't see that coming either . Seattle are at San Francisco on Friday (our time)

Baltimore and Atlanta did well to hang on and it's hard to believe that the Jets are now joint leader of the AFC East . A few teams have come back to the field today and a few others have put their hand up . The Giants especially .

Edited by Macca

Big comeback win to the Broncos today . Denver have had a really tough schedule and are now 3 and 3 . As for San Diego , that was a meltdown . Leading 24 - 0 at half time . The locals aren't very happy ...

http://www.utsandieg...-lead-ballgame/

Peyton's QB rating was 129 . He threw for 309 yards (24/30) with 3 TD's . Elway look well pleased on the sidelines .

Edited by Macca

Insane amount of upsets this year. Over 60% of underdogs have won this year including an amazing 11 of 13 on Sunday.

It's a tipsters nightmare 'Harcourt' . Makes the games so much more interesting though . I had the 49ers as 10pt favs over the Giants but was once again proved wrong . Was thinking about doing a top 12 this week but it's very difficult with Houston , New England and San Francisco all losing along with the Ravens and Falcons just getting over the line . I'd have to have the Giants near the top .

I actually turned the game off at half time it was so lope sided and I had other things to do, I can't believe Denver won......

Yeah , nearly did the same '84' but Peyton has been getting this Denver team back into games . Once they got it back to 24-14 it was game on . Don't know what's happened to Rivers .

Edited by Macca

I watched the Denver-SD game yesterday as well, albeit knowing the result, couldnt believe the way Rivers self destructed! That was an all time choke.

Full credit to Peyton, he was putting the ball right between the numbers of his receivers too, a real great win - that division is theirs for the taking now given

the Raiders and Chiefs are stinking it up again.

Cant wait for tomorrow mornings game, Wilson has been mightily impressive for a rookie, lets hope we dont see too may skittle incidents either. I was totally

shocked at the way the Giants dismantled the Niners game on Monday, it looked like the bad old days for Smith again and Gore didnt have a single carry in

the second half.

Be intersesting to see how RGIII goes against the Giants this week. Ravens lose their spiritual leader for the year, and possibly forever, but the Ravens are

still cruising in their division.

NFC North will be possibly the most interesting Division from here to the end of regular season, 3 genuinely decent teams on evidence so far. Could the

Packers miss on the playoffs? Based on Rodgers game this week you'd say no but the VIkings and Bears intra Division games will be crucial.

Falcons continue to roll, I havent seen a single game of theirs this year, is Matt Ryan in All-Pro form or have the whole team stepped up?