• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

Yup, worst. Call. Ever!

FFS, you have Lynch and a few downs... LYNCH FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine being a Seahawks fan? They'd be absolutely filthy.

Good on the Pats for a great comeback though.

Great match - it had everything.

• Like 1

Seattle blew it ... worst call ever?

I don't hate it too much. It's a game of chess out there. Everyone will be teeing off on the Lynch run, so you throw what is usually a safe quick slant that most times is either caught or deflected down. A clean slant like that, how often is it picked off? An amazing play by the corner.

Lynch is human, so possibly against a stacked box he fumbles or is tackled for a loss of 2 yards and then you have 3rd and 3 and can't run it with confidence.

I don't hate it too much. It's a game of chess out there. Everyone will be teeing off on the Lynch run, so you throw what is usually a safe quick slant that most times is either caught or deflected down. A clean slant like that, how often is it picked off? An amazing play by the corner.

Lynch is human, so possibly against a stacked box he fumbles or is tackled for a loss of 2 yards and then you have 3rd and 3 and can't run it with confidence.

You make a decent point but it won't be remembered that way.

There was way less risk with Lynch and 'beast mode' probably only needed one shot at it (he's that good)

If there was a way that Seattle lost the game (besides from the execution of one play) I think it was they took Green Bay's offensive attitude from last week and used it as their defensive game plan.

They played deep coverage bend and don't break and sat back whilst Brady went 3-7 yards at a time with underneath throws and then completions to Gronk v a linebacker.

I know losing the corner hurt, but it's still the legion of boom out there. If your secondary and pass rush are your strengths then you can't just sit there whilst the other team picks off small gains on quick throws over and over against your linebackers.

Brady is 37. He hasn't thrown an accurate deep ball in years and doesn't have a deep ball receiver of quality anyway. Surely at some stage you have to press up and try to stop these small passes.

Seattle had the opportunity when up 10 points to go hard on defense. Big quarterback pressures and hits. Jam the receivers at the line. If they conceded a big deep play or a clever catch and run from Gronk or Edelman then so be it. Instead they just sat back time and again. Really annoyed me. You could see them playing in to Brady's hands. Whilst he was good and is a special player it doesn't make sense.

You make a decent point but it won't be remembered that way.

There was way less risk with Lynch and 'beast mode' probably only needed one shot at it (he's that good)

I know. I'd have gone Lynch as well. But he's just had a run. You change it up, get them off guard and complete it and if not he's there for the 3rd and 4th down plays. An incomplete pass stops the clock as well so you can design your run play and communicate it.

So it was silly, but I can do without the exaggeration. If it was a play in which Wilson was sacked and fumbled or threw it deep in the end zone through traffic and was picked then I'd say it was completely stupid, but watching it I could see why they went for it. They targeted the 3rd string undrafted corner and everything, wasn't 1 on 1 v Revis.

Belichick is never going to say anything controversial so he avoided saying anything than it was a goal line play. I'll wait and see what Carroll says.

And we have joints winners in the playoff tipping comp ... congratulations to JV7 & Go the Biff

Well played to all and thanks for participating

main_1.jpg

21984a_lg.jpeg

Playoff tipping comp leaderboard (final tally)

11 - JV7, Go the Biff

10 - pantaloons

7 - Gorgoroth, Macca

6 - Georgiou R.R. Martin

3 - cowboy_from_hell

roll_header.jpg

Regular Season Tipping Competition

Year Winner Runners up 3rd place

2013 cowboy_from_hell/ pantaloons/ Gorgoroth

Strafford Macca

2014 Dappa Dan Georgiou R.R Martin Gorgoroth

Post Season Tipping Competition

Year Winner Runners up 3rd place

2013 titan_uranus DemonDave cowboy_from_hell/

Macca

2014 JV7/ pantaloons Gorgoroth/

Go the Biff Macca

• Like 1

I know. I'd have gone Lynch as well. But he's just had a run. You change it up, get them off guard and complete it and if not he's there for the 3rd and 4th down plays. An incomplete pass stops the clock as well so you can design your run play and communicate it.

So it was silly, but I can do without the exaggeration. If it was a play in which Wilson was sacked and fumbled or threw it deep in the end zone through traffic and was picked then I'd say it was completely stupid, but watching it I could see why they went for it. They targeted the 3rd string undrafted corner and everything, wasn't 1 on 1 v Revis.

Belichick is never going to say anything controversial so he avoided saying anything than it was a goal line play. I'll wait and see what Carroll says.

Exaggeration?

I don't care what their plan was ... they had to go with Lynch. Carroll is already putting his hand up and so he should. It's a stuff up of monumental proportions and even when the dust settles, that's how it will be viewed.

They got too cute and should have gone for the kill - without hesitation. They had the best RB in that situation and they blew it. Pure and simple.

• Like 2

A question: was that Craig Hutchison (the famed "Hutchy") out on the ground patting Kurt Warner on the back as he carried the Vince Lombardi Trophy through the milling Patriots? If not, his doppelgänger.