NFL

Dappa Dan

Can't wait for Houston-Chicago, should be a corker.

The Colts looked pretty good on TNF, even if it was against the Jaguars. If Playoffs started today they'd be in there, so that's a testament to Luck and their improved defence from last year.

I was eager to watch him live on TNF with the numbers he had been putting up, but thought his arm was a little disappointing. All of his deep balls were under-thrown and it was only Jacksonville's ineptitude that failed to pick him off 2 more times for the night. Although his athleticism was evident and he made a lot of good plays with his feet.

Shame I will be sitting an exam as the Rams march into Candlestick coming of a much needed bye week.

I was eager to watch him live on TNF with the numbers he had been putting up, but thought his arm was a little disappointing. All of his deep balls were under-thrown and it was only Jacksonville's ineptitude that failed to pick him off 2 more times for the night. Although his athleticism was evident and he made a lot of good plays with his feet.

Shame I will be sitting an exam as the Rams march into Candlestick coming of a much needed bye week.

Fair comment, I think Jacksonville's secondary made some of his throws look better than they actually were. Agree re: the athleticism, he moved out of the pocket really well and knew when to move and when to throw.

Also: no. We've got your mob covered, thanks. Also coming of a bye week, so we'll be eager to beat up on your travelling crew.

Fair comment, I think Jacksonville's secondary made some of his throws look better than they actually were. Agree re: the athleticism, he moved out of the pocket really well and knew when to move and when to throw.

Also: no. We've got your mob covered, thanks. Also coming of a bye week, so we'll be eager to beat up on your travelling crew.

Ahh a Whiners fan, you have a right to be confident but if our defence can bring our nasty pass rush and force ol' noodle arm into turning over the ball ala against the Giants we could be in for a contest. It's going to be hard seeing our weaponless offence get too many points against the best defence in the land.

It's going to be hard seeing our weaponless offence get too many points against the best defence in the land.

Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman and Justin Smith say hi! After our last start against the Cardinals, its fair to say

the blip against the Giants has been put behind us..

Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman and Justin Smith say hi! After our last start against the Cardinals, its fair to say

Aldon Smith is scarier than them all, especially with our O/Line, I still think your offence is susceptible to a talented pass rush with defensive backs who can make plays. Playing at Candlestick is a different story for a young team though.

Ahh a Whiners fan, you have a right to be confident but if our defence can bring our nasty pass rush and force ol' noodle arm into turning over the ball ala against the Giants we could be in for a contest. It's going to be hard seeing our weaponless offence get too many points against the best defence in the land.

Haha 'noodle arm'. He went 18 of 19 against Arizona though! Had a great game, got NFC Offensive player of the week for that effort.

Our offence goes well beyond Smith though. Gore, Moss, Davis, Crabtree...not so bad.

That was such a disgusting blip though. I hope we learnt some lessons from that game. I didn't see it, and pretty confident I don't want to.

Edited by titan_uranus

Vikings have to hold on to the one touchdown lead we have over the lions. Ponder is actually throwing the ball. This is his first 100+ yards of throwing in nearly a month! I suppose when you have A.P as your running back it would be hard to not just hand the ball to him every time.

Edit: How the hell are the Bengals smashing the Giants?

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

What a week so far.

I'm crapping myself watching this OT finish between St Louis and SF. Missed field goals by both sides. Smith down with concussion. What a game.

Bengals over Giants is huge. Giants falling apart (I hope. I hate them). Saints over Falcons is enormous, Saints have Oakland next week to go 5-5 after being 0-4. Wildcard chance for sure. Bills almost finally won at New England, but didn't. Vikings over Lions puts the Lions almost out of it. Huge.

Edit: AS IF HE PULLED THAT OUT! 24 yard pass on 3rd and 23 at the STL 25 with 10 seconds left in the OT period. We're baked I feel.

Edit 2: They have ties in the NFL?! How did I not know this? We just tied. Wtf. I thought they played till there was a score. Wow.

Edited by titan_uranus

That was a real rollercoaster game wasnt it! First time Ive ever watched a tie.

In reality, Rams should've won, they shot themselves in the foot time and time again with penalties,

especially that long long pass to Amendola(who looked great), and penalty for delay of game on the field goal.

Kudos to the Rams special teams though, two fake punts converted to first downs.

Cant believe Akers missed from where he was, very unlike him. Niners were very ordinary for most

of the game, although Kaepernick did OK to scramble when needed, will be interesting to see how he

does if Smith has to miss a game, he seems to have a strong arm and very athletic on the run.

Falcons finally lose! And yeah I agree Saints could be a real dark horse as a Wildcard.

Eagles fall apart again, Vick injured, will Andy Reid see out the season? Where's Dappa Dan? He'd be tearing his hair out.

Currently watching Bears-Texans, a game Ive been looking forward to and so far its turnovers galore! I kinda like

those sort of games as long as its not your team!

That was a real rollercoaster game wasnt it! First time Ive ever watched a tie.

In reality, Rams should've won, they shot themselves in the foot time and time again with penalties,

especially that long long pass to Amendola(who looked great), and penalty for delay of game on the field goal.

Kudos to the Rams special teams though, two fake punts converted to first downs.

Cant believe Akers missed from where he was, very unlike him. Niners were very ordinary for most

of the game, although Kaepernick did OK to scramble when needed, will be interesting to see how he

does if Smith has to miss a game, he seems to have a strong arm and very athletic on the run.

Falcons finally lose! And yeah I agree Saints could be a real dark horse as a Wildcard.

Eagles fall apart again, Vick injured, will Andy Reid see out the season? Where's Dappa Dan? He'd be tearing his hair out.

Currently watching Bears-Texans, a game Ive been looking forward to and so far its turnovers galore! I kinda like

those sort of games as long as its not your team!

Felt like we copped some pretty harsh calls just watching the 4th Q and OT, but the coaching staff has got to take responsibility for not calling a timeout on that field goal when the play clock is running down. Can't complain too much though 49ers had their share of bad luck with Smith and missed field goal. Shame we couldn't go and get the win as it would have been massive for this young group, especially Bradford.

Yeah its a pleasure to watch Arian Foster and each teams defence make plays, lots of talent going around.

Cutler has concussion and might not play next week against San Fran. Myself and macca need the bears to stumble for the next few weeks. Vikings have the bye then play bears packers then Chicago again. The NFC north should be finalized after those games.

We need to implement massive fines to our team. So many terrible and unnecessary penalties cost us, the pass at the start of OT for not enough players on the line and the delay of game with the winning FG.

Glad we suspended the players, time to stop the tail wagging the dog. Get our centre next week, Rams are on the rise! :)

• Like 1

Certainly a few upsets - what's happened to Eli and the Giants ? Is it a delayed hangover ? 9 wins could end up winning that division - maybe 8 ! Dallas will probably shoot themselves in the foot though - I can see a couple of 'Weird' losses happening to them .

The Saints are back with a bit of a show and Seattle are looming large . Tampa and Indi keep winning and Denver could end up with a high seed the way they're travelling .

As for the NFC North - it'll probably go down to the wire as many are predicting . Those two Packers / Vikings games will probably hold the key . Bit worried about 'AP' . Who's gonna stop him ? The man is on fire !

Bit odd seeing a tie . Suppose for the 49ers , the tie creates a degree of separation with other playoff contenders - unless there's another tie or 2 !

And how do you figure out the Titans ? A punters nightmare that team ...

Edited by Macca

As for the NFC North - it'll probably go down to the wire as many are predicting . Those two Packers / Vikings games will probably hold the key . Bit worried about 'AP' . Who's gonna stop him ? The man is on fire !

Peterson in the last four weeks has ran for I think 650 yards. After blowing out his knee to comeback like this is unbelievable. We just need ponder to chip in with Peterson and we win games. I still think that the bears and packers are a class above the Vikings though.

Ok so it's not quite there but we are getting down to some very important games and some teams have been written off and playoffs aren't looking good for them. I'd love to read your best and worst teams so far and biggest surprise team. My best team has to be Houston I know it's a bit obvious but they out defended Chicago in crap conditions and that defense could win them a Super Bowl. Worst team apart from Jacksonville is a toss up between Philly and the jets but I'll take Philly. They are a turnover machine and could/probably will be looking at a new coach and QB. Biggest surprise team is Carolina. I'm surprised they have not improved at all. I'm a massive fan of newton but he seems to spit the dummy sometimes and he and his offence have clicked all year.

Ok so it's not quite there but we are getting down to some very important games and some teams have been written off and playoffs aren't looking good for them. I'd love to read your best and worst teams so far and biggest surprise team. My best team has to be Houston I know it's a bit obvious but they out defended Chicago in crap conditions and that defense could win them a Super Bowl. Worst team apart from Jacksonville is a toss up between Philly and the jets but I'll take Philly. They are a turnover machine and could/probably will be looking at a new coach and QB. Biggest surprise team is Carolina. I'm surprised they have not improved at all. I'm a massive fan of newton but he seems to spit the dummy sometimes and he and his offence have clicked all year.

Best team - Houston. Atlanta is the most underrated team, despite the Saints loss.

Worst team - Kansas City (just so that I don't say Jacksonville like everyone else). Mind you, they put in a good show on MNF today.

Biggest surprise (positive) - Indianapolis (didn't think Luck could get them from 2-12 to 6-3 so far. And it's not just Luck either).

Biggest surprise (negative) - toss up between Carolina, New Orleans (although they could yet make a run at a wild card; this is mainly for the 0-4 start), Cincinnati (alleviated by the win this week) and Washington (RG3 should mean more wins).

Best team - there's not a standout for mine . Early on I thought the 49ers , then the Giants or Houston (until that poor effort vs the Packers) . Any number of teams can win the whole thing . Maybe Houston if I had to pick one . Denver are the one to watch and Atlanta could end up with the best record . It's very open .

Worst team - Jacksonville then Cleveland

Biggest surprise - probably Indi, especially if they make the playoffs . Denver and Seattle have done better than I thought as well .

There's been a few surprise disappointments including the Eagles , Carolina and KC .

N.B - For those of you with ESPN , an excellent '30 for 30' doco called 'Broke' is on Sunday evening at 9pm . Well worth a look even if you have to source it . 'Youtube' have still got it up .

Edited by Macca

Worst team has to be Jacksonville, but KC are bloody close

Atlanta have been one of the better teams as well as the other mentioned in other posts

Surprise for me would be Indi as well, I did not think they would do as well as they have started. And to be honest my Rams have surprised me a little with how competative they have been and without some of the injuries I think would have a better W/L record right now.

As everybody has done teams already and have covered my sentiments I'll analyse players instead.

Best Player: Defence- JJ Watt (Texans) has been massive and can be credited for Houston being the team to beat right now. Playing defensive end in a 3-4 defence he has been able to stuff the gap while also getting to the quarterback with a league high 10.5 sacks.

Offence- too hard to single out one player, at running back Adrian Peterson (Vikings) has been phenomenal averaging almost 6 yards a carry and over 110 yards a game he has been unstoppable. Wide receiver AJ Green (Bengals) with Megatron not operating at his 2011 level Green has taken the mantle as the best wide out in the league getting into the end zone more so than any other WR and has been a vertical weapon for Andy Dalton. Quarterback afterinitially struggling Aaron Rodgers has been lights for the last month or so, strengthening his case for a second consecutive MVP. With the largest touchdown/interception spread 25-5 and a huge game against the Texans, one of the best defences in the league, A-Rod has been operating at his record breaking 2011 standard in recent times.

Worst players is a bit hard but; Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez and the whole Arizona offensive line have been as expected pretty poor.

Biggest surprise: pick 252, the second last pick in the draft Daryl Richardson has been a great change of pace back for the Rams and is averaging 5.7 yards a carry (3rd highest in the league), and seems destined to become the number 1 pick when SJAX departs. Reggie Wayne has halted his regression and his putting up career high numbers at 34 with a rookie quarterback.

Biggest disappointment: I expected a slump but not to this degree, Cam Newton has been woeful on the field and even worse off it with his poor attitude infecting the whole team.

• Like 2

As everybody has done teams already and have covered my sentiments I'll analyse players instead.

Best Player: Defence- JJ Watt (Texans) has been massive and can be credited for Houston being the team to beat right now. Playing defensive end in a 3-4 defence he has been able to stuff the gap while also getting to the quarterback with a league high 10.5 sacks.

Offence- too hard to single out one player, at running back Adrian Peterson (Vikings) has been phenomenal averaging almost 6 yards a carry and over 110 yards a game he has been unstoppable. Wide receiver AJ Green (Bengals) with Megatron not operating at his 2011 level Green has taken the mantle as the best wide out in the league getting into the end zone more so than any other WR and has been a vertical weapon for Andy Dalton. Quarterback afterinitially struggling Aaron Rodgers has been lights for the last month or so, strengthening his case for a second consecutive MVP. With the largest touchdown/interception spread 25-5 and a huge game against the Texans, one of the best defences in the league, A-Rod has been operating at his record breaking 2011 standard in recent times.

Worst players is a bit hard but; Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez and the whole Arizona offensive line have been as expected pretty poor.

Biggest surprise: pick 252, the second last pick in the draft Daryl Richardson has been a great change of pace back for the Rams and is averaging 5.7 yards a carry (3rd highest in the league), and seems destined to become the number 1 pick when SJAX departs. Reggie Wayne has halted his regression and his putting up career high numbers at 34 with a rookie quarterback.

Biggest disappointment: I expected a slump but not to this degree, Cam Newton has been woeful on the field and even worse off it with his poor attitude infecting the whole team.

Good post there 'Hipster' ...

Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal's weekly podcast ... they try and guess the lines and do a quick wrap up of the previous week's games ... The BS Report

This weeks TV games ... OneHD are covering the US F1GP on Monday morning but will replay their 'Usual' 2 games from 11pm Monday night - Philadelphia (3-6) at Washington (3-6) followed by San Diego (4-5) at Denver (6-3) at 2am (early hours of Tuesday morning)

FRI, NOV 16

12.20 PM Miami (4-5) at Buffalo (3-6) OneHD & ESPN

MON, NOV 19

5.00 AM Green Bay (6-3) at Detroit (4-5) Fox1

8.05 AM New Orleans (4-5) at Oakland (3-6) Fox1

12.20 PM Baltimore (7-2) at Pittsburgh (6-3) OneHD & ESPN (Big Ben almost certainly out)

TUE, NOV 20

12.30 PM Chicago (7-2) at San Francisco (6-2-1) ESPN (Cutler will miss by the looks of it whilst Smith is still listed as uncertain)

For all other games ... Week 11 schedule

Edited by Macca

I thought Detroit were going to get the job done but turnovers killed off any chance of a win. Green bay will be looking for a new kicker as he can't hit a target. The jags nearly got the upset of the year pushing Houston into OT with their back up QB I would of loved them to get the win.

I thought Detroit were going to get the job done but turnovers killed off any chance of a win. Green bay will be looking for a new kicker as he can't hit a target. The jags nearly got the upset of the year pushing Houston into OT with their back up QB I would of loved them to get the win.

Yeah , lucky to get outa that one though that last touchdown was a beauty . Detroit just don't know how to get the job done . Difficult to know what will happen to Crosby . McCarthy looked like he gave him a serve on the sidelines but maybe that was just the perception . The kicker seems to cop it a bit in this sport ... here's Adam Sandler's take on it ...

It's starting to heat up with regards to the playoff picture - especially in the NFC where up to 10 teams have a realistic chance of grabbing a spot.

In the AFC it seems a bit more clear cut with only 7 teams vying for 6 spots at the moment (that may change if one or 2 of the 4/6 teams get on a roll) .

The playoff standings can be found here

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1