"Yet to Debut"

Summer Blease

Yet to debut  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You can pidgeon-hole him as a mid/forward all you like, but I'd actually like to see him play as a BP.

You can choose to disagree.

I think you'll find a lot of handy defenders at AFL level started as mid/fwds after playing there in juniors.

It's not "pigeon-hole'ing".... he is a midfield/forward!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pidgeon-hole him as a mid/forward all you like, but I'd actually like to see him play as a BP.

You can choose to disagree.

I think you'll find a lot of handy defenders at AFL level started as mid/fwds after playing there in juniors.

Not the worst call because of his kicking abilities. Not sure that he is that quick over the field and as such this would hinder his ability in a BP/HB position.

I imagine he is down as forward/mid in the Chapman mould though, I would much prefer he deliver the quality of Chapman over Josh Hunt.

Not the worst call because of his kicking abilities. Not sure that he is that quick over the field and as such this would hinder his ability in a BP/HB position.

I imagine he is down as forward/mid in the Chapman mould though, I would much prefer he deliver the quality of Chapman over Josh Hunt.

PLUS... Tappy is a terrific kick at goal!!!

Not so obvious when we have Scully and Davey in the guts for pace.

However... a Luke Tapscot (likened to a Paul Chapman!!) is the kind of player we miss. Small bulky forward that can run around all day and take and make a decent hit.

Can't wait.

Future Forward line in 3 years time (omitting Green): Aussie, Jurrah, Tapscott, Petterd, Watts, Sylvia... with Bate on the outer. **drools**

You can never have enough pace through the guts.

Tappy will be interesting to watch next year no doubt.

Tappy is the one i want to see. Given we still lack some physical size and grunt, i can't wait to see what he brings.

I only hope Blease stays injury free and gets a full pre season. Then anything is possible. (That also goes for Grimes, Morton and Gysberts)

Fitzy to play maybe a couple of games at the most- his body still has a long way to go.

Gawn to play at Casey all year in readiness for 2012.

Tapscott as our Josh Hunt type.

Pushing out Bartram eventually.

i disagree.... i think tapscott will be a midfield forward, not a small quick running defender?

edit: didnt read the rest of the posts, as i was amused by this one, i can see where you are coming from, but it will not happen, strauss, maybe able to eventually force bartram to a midfield tagger, but i do not think tapscott has the speed that is recquired to match up on the small forwards nowdys.

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

i disagree.... i think tapscott will be a midfield forward, not a small quick running defender?

edit: didnt read the rest of the posts, as i was amused by this one, i can see where you are coming from, but it will not happen, strauss, maybe able to eventually force bartram to a midfield tagger, but i do not think tapscott has the speed that is recquired to match up on the small forwards nowdys.

-? You don't think he'd be as fast as Josh Hunt?

Wait and see...

J Fitz will play senior footy sooner rather than later.

Blease could be just what we need to take the heat off Davey from what I have seen of him. Tappy will be a solid player.

Strauss needs to gain some confidence and gumption this year or he won't make it.

-? You don't think he'd be as fast as Josh Hunt?

Wait and see...

i didnt say he would not be as fast as josh hunt, but josh hunt doesnt take the smallest forward, enright, mackie or david wojcinski would.

imagine him playing on, hayden ballantyne, cyril rioli, travis varcoe, alwyn davey or leroy jetta, chris yarran or jeff gartlett, lewis jetta, etc

the small forwards are who i think would have the acceleration on him.

But I didn't ask him to play on those blokes.

I mean, imagine Jamar trying to play on those guys.

Just as pointless.

but you are saying that tapscott would take bartrams place? therefore they are his opponents?

Watch this and tell me you're not excited about seeing Blease in action!

I'm excited about seeing Blease, but not because of that video. He'll do some good things, but in order for that kind of footy to be premiership quality, it has to happen most of the year, not just in spurts. Think Daisy Thomas with less height/marking, and more pace.

I picked Tapscott, because from all reports they love him at Casey and he's got the body to cause blunt-fore trauma immediately. Not sure his career will have the legs of a Scully/Trengove just yet, but I'd love to see him link up with those guys and start to own a few games. Get settled. Show us what we'll be watching for the next 5-10 years.

The long-termer, I put Fitzpatrick. I thought nothing of him at first, but I keep hearing these startlingly impressive things about him. I haven't got him figured at all, but people are getting kind of ridiculously excited about him. Piques my interest... Oh, and he should be coming into his own just as Hale retires. ;)

I picked Tapscott, because from all reports they love him at Casey and he's got the body to cause blunt-fore trauma immediately. Not sure his career will have the legs of a Scully/Trengove just yet, but I'd love to see him link up with those guys and start to own a few games. Get settled. Show us what we'll be watching for the next 5-10 years.

You think the pick no. 18 (I think?) in Luke Tapscott could only last 5 years...??? Good grief I hope not. The kid has to be a 10-year project, doesn't he? Ala Trengove, Watts, Scully, Garland, Grimes and Gysberts.

Blease for me. His pace would be a nice weapon to have.

I don't think Gawn and Fitz will do too much next year.

I hope Gawn does push for selection but he is only young and if 28 is cherry ripe for a ruck then he has a while to go.

Also I worry that some very tall lean players can be injury prone hopefully he wont.

I'm excited about seeing Blease, but not because of that video. He'll do some good things, but in order for that kind of footy to be premiership quality, it has to happen most of the year, not just in spurts. Think Daisy Thomas with less height/marking, and more pace.

The long-termer, I put Fitzpatrick. I thought nothing of him at first, but I keep hearing these startlingly impressive things about him. I haven't got him figured at all, but people are getting kind of ridiculously excited about him. Piques my interest... Oh, and he should be coming into his own just as Hale retires. ;)

The thing about Fitzpatrick that I get from his play at Casey and what I can see on the web is that he is a very mobile big guy who knows where to be - he can play ruck no doubt but in some ways I see him as a utility first and a ruck second. When mature he will be a challenging match up on the forward line or play as a loose in defence / tag a tall in defence if required. He would be my preferred big tall forward who can give Jamar a rest - I can see that happening consistently from 2012 onwards. I think he offers much more than Hale which is why I would question that option.

Those are the types of players Bartram is in the team to do a job on.

Someone else already in the team could perform the same role, but he could play in a BP.

I'm just saying it's possible.

Someone else already in the team could perform the same role, but he could play in a BP.

I'm just saying it's possible.

so could paul johnson, as seen melb vs richmond 2009, its just not going to help you win games