• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Carl Peterson

Guest hangon007

Guest hangon007

Look I know this one is left field & maybe might cop a bit of "racist flaming" - the bloke can obviously play.

However, could we just be the club this kid needs.

Role models in - Jurah, Davey, Ozzy, Bennell & Jetta

Mentors in Matty Whelan & Jimmy Stynes, where we get the kid involved in Reach & our Indigenous programmes.

Dean Bailey & BP obviously have a good quality relationship with the Indigenous players.

Would complement our forward structure beautifully in playing ability, obviously has issues, but surely no more than many our kids in the Reach organisation that can be helped. Look if he wants to go back to WA - so be it.

Is one of the lucky few to get another chance at AFL at his age and after monumentally stuffing up at Richmond... yet he's still not smart enough to out his head down, work hard and make the most of the opportunity.

Big fat NO.

Guest hangon007

after monumentally stuffing up at Richmond...

Richmond are a club that treat the symptoms not the cause - we are smarter than that. Sometimes you just have to look deeper to find the gold.

In theory .. Looks a likely lad . In practice we'd just be his third strike. Next !

I disagree we might be the ideal setup for him.

Our club has developed an excellent level of understanding of the unique circumstances of its players and is providing an enviroment in which all players are supported and can flourish whatever their background. That is no doubt just an extension of Jim's approach with Reach. We now have one of the most mature playing groups going around.

Guest hangon007

In theory .. Looks a likely lad . In practice we'd just be his third strike. Next !

I've dealt with many people who its taken more than "2" attempts at finding the right "employer" and when they do you would be amazed at what you get in return. The reversely in "attitude" is beyond belief.

Edited by hangon007

So just what really have the Toiges and Sqawkers failed to try ? I don't know as am not privvy to any of that but you'd have to think they'd have tried to mentor and nurture the fella . Maybe he could come good but are we a social temperance organisation or a football club ? I.e. Not our priority to fix his ills

Guest hangon007

So just what really have the Toiges and Sqawkers failed to try ?

Patience is a virtue that so few football clubs have. Understanding and guidance via a quality mentor programme can change your life around. Personally, I've achieved feats I've never thought would be possible & why. Good quality guidance & persistent patience.

Any Doctor can treat the symptoms yet only the best can find the cause.

Patience is a virtue that so few football clubs have. Understanding and guidance via a quality mentor programme can change your life around. Personally, I've achieved feats I've never thought would be possible & why. Good quality guidance & persistent patience.

Any Doctor can treat the symptoms yet only the best can find the cause.

I think Jimmy should get in touch with him.

On behalf of Reach, not the MFC.

Elite football just isn't for everybody - even very good footy players.

Sometimes reality can be the best place for a kid.

Most Aussie kids don't even get once chance to live their dream and run out and play AFL. This guy has had two, and for whatever reason could not pull his head in and adjust to life at AFL level. I just don't think he wants to play AFL. Let him walk away from the game so he can play monopoly with his mates if that is more interesting to him.

Guest hangon007

Most Aussie kids don't even get once chance to live their dream and run out and play AFL. This guy has had two, and for whatever reason could not pull his head in and adjust to life at AFL level. I just don't think he wants to play AFL. Let him walk away from the game so he can play monopoly with his mates if that is more interesting to him.

I would have thought he has demonstrated his "desire" to play AFL football. Maybe he has also demonstrated his in-ability to handle the authoritative inflexible structures some AFL clubs demand their players to conform too. Maybe he has also demonstrated that you cant treat all kids the same. Fact of life that some kids have "special needs" and if you dont address those needs, you cant always blame the kid. Maybe he has just lacks the right mentor or a special employer who can get the best out of him. The "easiest" thing to do is walk away and say its somebody-else's problem, its all too hard, let them deal with it.

I would have thought he has demonstrated his "desire" to play AFL football. Maybe he has also demonstrated his in-ability to handle the authoritative inflexible structures some AFL clubs demand their players to conform too. Maybe he has also demonstrated that you cant treat all kids the same. Fact of life that some kids have "special needs" and if you dont address those needs, you cant always blame the kid. Maybe he has just lacks the right mentor or a special employer who can get the best out of him. The "easiest" thing to do is walk away and say its somebody-else's problem, its all too hard, let them deal with it.

Unfortunately in AFL you need to do more than just 'demonstrate a desire'. The bloke has been given his chances and kids are banging the door down to be given one, I would say move on to someone willing to bust a nut to keep there spot.

Harsh I know but thats what league football is.

Guest hangon007

Unfortunately in AFL you need to do more than just 'demonstrate a desire'. The bloke has been given his chances and kids are banging the door down to be given one, I would say move on to someone willing to bust a nut to keep there spot.

Harsh I know but thats what league football is.

Fair enough. Just a thought. Hate to see a kid with all that talent go to waste. Suppose I will just have to accept the majority view.

Edited by hangon007

Far enough. Just a thought. Hate to see a kid with all that talent go to waste. Suppose I will just have to accept the majority view.

No one really likes to see anyone go off the rails or fall by the wayside. Unfulfilled potential always eats at people, both observers and the ones concerned. You have to ask yourself the purpose of the club? Its primarily to function as a football club enabling its team the best opportunities to have success. whilst many overlap the 'ideal' of operating as a 'family' its really a business, one that has to often make decisions based upon the best interests of the club as a whole often over-riding the individual's specific ambition.

A lot of talent is never realised in life.... that just "is"

Guest hangon007

No one really likes to see anyone go off the rails or fall by the wayside. Unfulfilled potential always eats at people, both observers and the ones concerned. You have to ask yourself the purpose of the club? Its primarily to function as a football club enabling its team the best opportunities to have success. whilst many overlap the 'ideal' of operating as a 'family' its really a business, one that has to often make decisions based upon the best interests of the club as a whole often over-riding the individual's specific ambition.

A lot of talent is never realised in life.... that just "is"

Fair point. Just thought I would float the kids name. See what others thought.

I've dealt with many people who its taken more than "2" attempts at finding the right "employer" and when they do you would be amazed at what you get in return. The reversely in "attitude" is beyond belief.

From your experience can you see the cause of his problems? & does Carl actually want to fix them?? He must be the driver in this one.

Guest hangon007

From your experience can you see the cause of his problems? & does Carl actually want to fix them?? He must be the driver in this one.

Look I dont want to get deep here.

However, there is an old Red Indian saying that goes something like this ... "Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes(moccasins)"

IMHO it appears from what I've read & heard 2nd hand.

It sounds like a classic case of lack of empathy and understanding. Its difficult to understand & have empathy for somebody who is "different" unless you are "different" yourself. Its, not easy being "different", especially if you have s strong sense of family and cultural heritage. Its not only "homesickness" because deep down you know you are better off where you are, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Now when somebody-else sees all the "signs" ... he says OMG. "Does he want to fix them" ... Sadly, some times the only thing that fixes them is time and some understanding "voices" around you.

Edited by hangon007

Look I dont want to get deep here.

However, there is an old Red Indian saying that goes something like this ... "Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes(moccasins)"

IMHO it appears from what I've read & heard 2nd hand.

It sounds like a classic case of lack of empathy and understanding. Its difficult to understand & have empathy for somebody who is "different" unless you are "different" yourself. Its, not easy being "different", especially if you have s strong sense of family and cultural heritage. Its not only "homesickness" because deep down you know you are better off where you are, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Now when somebody-else sees all the "signs" ... he says OMG. "Does he want to fix them" ... Sadly, some times the only thing that fixes them is time and some understanding "voices" around you.

Fair enough, i know a little bit about being "Different" that's why i asked, i thought you may know him personally.

Everyone deserves a chance as long as they are prepared to do the hard work.

Guest hangon007

Fair enough, i know a little bit about being "Different" that's why i asked, i thought you may know him personally.

Everyone deserves a chance as long as they are prepared to do the hard work.

No problems. Sadly I dont know him "personally". However, if everything I've read and heard is true he reminds me of someone.

Edited by hangon007

The following quote is from Tim Harrington in relation to this year's Trade Week:

“We have to bring in people who we think are coachable, dependable and talented. They also need to fill a need."From what I understand, Carl Peterson may not meet all of these criteria.

Must confess thought the same thing when read that . Carl ain't for the Dees

Two that spring to mine were Crosswell and Carman- both could play football and play UP.

I think he could make a rookie selection or a very late pick.

Edited by jayceebee31