Chris Tarrant wants out

No16

A sooking drama queen.

Not even attending the B&F? Already packed his bags? WTF?!

If it wasn't for Freo taking a chance on him and resurrecting his career, he'd have forcibly retired years ago.

Other clubs are welcomed to him and his baggage.

A sooking drama queen.

Not even attending the B&F? Already packed his bags? WTF?!

If it wasn't for Freo taking a chance on him and resurrecting his career, he'd have forcibly retired years ago.

Other clubs are welcomed to him and his baggage.

This post doesn't make sense.

How is he being a drama queen? AFL is a profession. He's 29 and he and his partner wish to move back to Melbourne. He's not walking out on any contracts (that I'm aware of) and see absolutely no reason why he wouldn't move his stuff back to Melbourne.

Why wouldn't he? He doesn't need permission from the club to move house. Seems quite reasonable to me that he wants to keep playing but if no one wants to take him on he'll retire.

Yep, I don't agree with the drama queen line.

He has just stated that he is desperate to move back to melb and will do so asap, whatever it takes, even if that requires retirement.

Fair enough, I think.

He has been a great defender over there, so if he comes at a cheap price Tarrant is definately worth some consideration, for a 2 year deal-even as back up.

Experienced defenders are a very important ingredient. And our backline is good, but still so raw.

Worth a phone call or 2 for sure.

I think Carlton, Hawks and Stkilda would be perfect candidates if he checks out medically could be a great pick up for a team pushing!

As for us there is no reason for either party to persue each other!

Wants to come back to a Melbourne based club...

Said he will retire if a suitable trade cannot be reached.

Reported here

If he were to be taken, then both Hawthorn & the Blues would be looking for a key Back. We could trade Warna for a pick.

But who do we have thats tradeable, that Freo need.

Could do well for the Hawks - maybe filling the massive hole left by Trent Croad leaving.

The Hawks hung on for an hour or so from Croad's Foot "Exploding" during that GF, but since they have never really sorted this problem out have they. It is not often 1 player leaving shows up such a defficientcy for so long.

He has been a great defender over there, so if he comes at a cheap price Tarrant is definately worth some consideration, for a 2 year deal-even as back up.

Experienced defenders are a very important ingredient. And our backline is good, but still so raw.

The problem is, we already have the core of our backline in place, and we want the players who comprise that core to play as many games together as possible, as quickly as possible. Tarrant -at 30- will only get in the way of that if he forges a regular place in the side. Which of our tall defenders in our current best 22 would you want to see him replace? Frawley is already better, and Garland and Rivers both offer more in the long-run, and possibly the short-term as well. He just isn't a good fit for us.

The problem is, we already have the core of our backline in place, and we want the players who comprise that core to play as many games together as possible, as quickly as possible. Tarrant -at 30- will only get in the way of that if he forges a regular place in the side. Which of our tall defenders in our current best 22 would you want to see him replace? Frawley is already better, and Garland and Rivers both offer more in the long-run, and possibly the short-term as well. He just isn't a good fit for us.

Garland still worries me..I think he will make it, but i think a player like him would really Benefit from another experienced player coming in and "Fast Tracking" him i suppose you could say.

I don't think you can fully say our defensive structure is set until we start winning a few Big Games, i am hoping that is next year.

Look it probably won't happen, but Good Key Defenders do not become available every day so i would at least buy him a lunch! B)

Worth a phone call or 2 for sure.

We have Warnock and arguably Martin.

I'd save my phone money.

Spot on 2 Sheds.

Garland still worries me..I think he will make it, but i think a player like him would really Benefit from another experienced player coming in and "Fast Tracking" him i suppose you could say.

I don't think you can fully say our defensive structure is set until we start winning a few Big Games, i am hoping that is next year.

Look it probably won't happen, but Good Key Defenders do not become available every day so i would at least buy him a lunch! B)

Tarrant wont be showing him much when Garland is AFL and Tarrant is a back up with Casey.

I think there are smarter and more meaningful metrics to measure our defensive structures.

Any chance you might want to spend your phone and lunch money on a KPF opportunity where we actually have a need.

Could do well for the Hawks - maybe filling the massive hole left by Trent Croad leaving.

I have it from a good source within the Carlton Football Club that Tarrant will be at the Blues next year. He has an in principle agreement with that club. Making room for Tarrant is Brad FIsher, Andrew Walker and Brett Thornton.

The Carlton rumour has been floating for a few weeks.

If the Hawks are in the market for a defender as well then I cant see any financial sense or logic in chasing Tarrant for depth or as a back up.

We have Warnock and arguably Martin.

Tarrant wont be showing him much when Garland is AFL and Tarrant is a back up with Casey.

I think there are smarter and more meaningful metrics to measure our defensive structures.

Any chance you might want to spend your phone and lunch money on a KPF opportunity where we actually have a need.

So you think Warnock is going to make it?? I have my doubts So i think Tarrant would be a good get on a cheap short contract deal.

The signing of Tarrant would not hinder our pursuit of a KPF at all as he wouldn't go for a high pick.

Why do you think Tarrant would be playing at Casey if he is fit?? How ridiculous, at least not next year.

Edited by why you little

The Carlton rumour has been floating for a few weeks.

If the Hawks are in the market for a defender as well then I cant see any financial sense or logic in chasing Tarrant for depth or as a back up.

When did I say anything about depth or a backup?

So you think Warnock is going to make it?? I have my doubts So i think Tarrant would be a good get on a cheap short contract deal.

The signing of Tarrant would not hinder our pursuit of a KPF at all as he wouldn't go for a high pick.

Warnock is currently behind Rivers, Frawley and Garland. You want to get Tarrant. Both Hawthorn and Carlton need an experienced defender now as their flag tilt is in the next 2 to 3 years. Even Essendon and Richmond cant be counted out for Tarrant. So he is unlikely to be cheap with a short contract deal or a low draft pick.

We have 3 places known on our list with delists and retirements. We are likely to upgrade Jordie and Spencer. To put Tarrant on the list someone has to come off. I am not sure we are willing to dump any more than one other OOC player.

Why do you think Tarrant would be playing at Casey if he is fit?? How ridiculous, at least not next year.

...so if he comes at a cheap price Tarrant is definately worth some consideration, for a 2 year deal-even as back up.

It is ridiculous. I based it on your words that you would give him a 2 year contract even as a back up. And given Rivers, Garland and Frawley up back I see no sense chasing a 30 yo who will not come cheap.

When did I say anything about depth or a backup?

You didn't. Our hyperbolic friend did. :rolleyes:

I think the only club that could benefit from having Chris Tarrant is Essendon

Their defence is woeful and when Fletcher retires will be even worse

Its the type of deal Carlton will go for though

No way he will be a Demon

Warnock is currently behind Rivers, Frawley and Garland. You want to get Tarrant. Both Hawthorn and Carlton need an experienced defender now as their flag tilt is in the next 2 to 3 years. Even Essendon and Richmond cant be counted out for Tarrant. So he is unlikely to be cheap with a short contract deal or a low draft pick.

We have 3 places known on our list with delists and retirements. We are likely to upgrade Jordie and Spencer. To put Tarrant on the list someone has to come off. I am not sure we are willing to dump any more than one other OOC player.

It is ridiculous. I based it on your words that you would give him a 2 year contract even as a back up. And given Rivers, Garland and Frawley up back I see no sense chasing a 30 yo who will not come cheap.

You just can't help yourself can you RR. Read my original post, Tarrant is still a good player, If he comes back to melbourne he is worth talking to. If you can score a bargain Contract great, if not Carry on. He would be a good player to have on a list as a b/up as Warnock & Garland still have a long way to go, but as i said if it doesn't happen...NO LOST SLEEP. I wouldn't take him if he wasn't cheap, thats the whole basis of the conversation... :rolleyes: