John Meesen - out for 2011.

WonnaJurah

It seems that poor John Meesen can't take a trick. Is said to be out for the whole of next year with surgery needed.

Did he play at all with Casey this year or was it another setback?

Pretty sure this is his last year (2007 NAB AFL Draft traded by Adelaide for No. 37 (Scott D. Thompson)). Think he had a 3 year deal - 2008-2010.

Speculative trade at best. Don't think we lost anything with the trade, but didn't win anything either.

do you think we will trade for Scott Thompson, loved his as a dee and wants to go back to vic, say for Macnamara?

Why do that when we could just offer Meesen?

Seriously, Adelaide would be mad to take TM for Thompson.

Unfortunately opposition football clubs don't have Melbourne-supporting list managers intent on conspiring to win a flag for their beloved Demons.

Pretty sure this is his last year (2007 NAB AFL Draft traded by Adelaide for No. 37 (Scott D. Thompson)). Think he had a 3 year deal - 2008-2010.

Speculative trade at best. Don't think we lost anything with the trade, but didn't win anything either.

No it was pick 38. And Adelaide selected Myke Cook. Who would spell it with a "y"? :wacko:

Not a big loss for us.

Meesen had a 3 year deal with MFC which expires this year.

Simply bad luck he isn't the first and won't be the last good luck for his future endeavours and of course the I injuryl

I say keep him.

Reason: Because we have a lot of ruckman - Jamar, PJ, Spencer ®, Martin, Jack Fitz, Max Gawn.

Yes Jack & Max will take a year or 2 to come on. Get rid of Spence or Martin.

IMO i think we should nurse Meesen through and see if we can get him on his feet again. Apparently he is helping out with the coaching at Casey and the guys are really getting a bit out of his advice... Sounds similar to Garlands story in the paper on the weekend.

At very least we should wait to see the result of the op and go from there.

Its just a spot on the rookie list...

His luck has to come good sooner or later!!

I say keep him.

Reason: Because we have a lot of ruckman - Jamar, PJ, Spencer ®, Martin, Jack Fitz, Max Gawn.

IMO i think we should nurse Meesen through and see if we can get him on his feet again. Apparently he is helping out with the coaching at Casey and the guys are really getting a bit out of his advice... Sounds similar to Garlands story in the paper on the weekend.

At very least we should wait to see the result of the op and go from there.

Its just a spot on the rookie list...

His luck has to come good sooner or later!!

What's the point of keeping an injury-riddled ruckman, who has yet to show anything at AFL level, on the off chance that he'll come good in 18 months? If he really gives such great advice, hire him as a coach at Casey...he's had a rotten run and his time is definitely up, but that's just how it goes sometimes.

Edited by The Fire Has Started

No it was pick 38. And Adelaide selected Myke Cook. Who would spell it with a "y"? :wacko:

Not a big loss for us.

Meesen had a 3 year deal with MFC which expires this year.

Fair enough. I got my quote "2007 NAB AFL Draft traded by Adelaide for No. 37 (Scott D. Thompson)" off the MFC web site. :o

Seriously, Adelaide would be mad to take TM for Thompson.

Interesting thought, Thompson. A Morton trade might get it done.

What is certain is that if a Thompson came to MFC, a mid will be pushed out.

Doubt it will happen; Thompson is 27 - a year or 2 too old I would have thought.

What is certain is that if a Thompson came to MFC, a mid will be pushed out.

Doubt it will happen; Thompson is 27 - a year or 2 too old I would have thought.

I would personally burn AAMI Park to the ground if that happened... and AAMI Stadium too, just for good measure.

Scott Thompson of Adelaide is not relevant to the Demons except as a piece of history and an opposition player.

The cost in $$$ and picks/trade would be simply well over the benefits.

He is also not really relevant to this thread, in as much as the Scott Thompson mentioned above is North Melbourne mid-tall defender Scott Thompson.

As for Meesen. If he is injured for another season's duration it is unneccesary to keep him on the list next year as no other club would look at him with his injuries and lacklustre history. He could well do a year as a kind of Ruck coach, who knows, and if all the stars aligned we'd be able to rookie list him for 2012 anyway!

Fair enough. I got my quote "2007 NAB AFL Draft traded by Adelaide for No. 37 (Scott D. Thompson)" off the MFC web site. :o

I actually prefer yours. I am sus on Myke Cook. Myke??

Only if Hawthorn or Richmond did it

I say keep him.

UGH!! No make that a double!!

IMO i think we should nurse Meesen through and see if we can get him on his feet again. Apparently he is helping out with the coaching at Casey and the guys are really getting a bit out of his advice...

We are not a repat hospital FCS. The story of his coaching was hearsay from a poster who has no valid evidence of his success. I found hard to believe that a ruckman who at times could not win a tap in a shower in the VFL is coaching AFL. His situation makes Garland's trouble seem like overnight bruising. His chronic crock who is earning an AFL player's salary on the rookie list. Its seems you cant stomach a hard decision when it comes to players.

lol, someone is going to be added to the terrorist watchlist :lol:

Are you serious 'Sturmann', do they do that?

I visitied a couple of sites a few weeks back, U/Osama bin laden & Desert Storm etc, et al. Then shortly after my PC started acting different & sometimes slower.

Are you serious 'Sturmann', do they do that?

I visitied a couple of sites a few weeks back, U/Osama bin laden & Desert Storm etc, et al. Then shortly after my PC started acting different & sometimes slower.

it was a joke, and slow internet is due to poor isp...

it was a joke, and slow internet is due to poor isp...

I wondered, so soon after i visited those sites, why the PC would start acting up. Not just slow but I lost email contact & my Email reverted back to an old email address with after the old ISp provider. The next morning it fixed itself after being turned off.

I have adsl 2.

Edited by dee-luded

We are not a repat hospital FCS. The story of his coaching was hearsay from a poster who has no valid evidence of his success. I found hard to believe that a ruckman who at times could not win a tap in a shower in the VFL is coaching AFL. His situation makes Garland's trouble seem like overnight bruising. His chronic crock who is earning an AFL player's salary on the rookie list. Its seems you cant stomach a hard decision when it comes to players.

Lets look at who we could have on the list instead of him before cutting him loose. Lets look at cutting his salary to a suitable figure also.

The only real coaching he can give would be what ecer he has taken out of being in the AFL system for as slong as has (4-5 years??)

As for making hard calls on players, i got no issue with that. I just think if we can hold him on the RL we should.

Lets look at who we could have on the list instead of him before cutting him loose. Lets look at cutting his salary to a suitable figure also.

The only real coaching he can give would be what ecer he has taken out of being in the AFL system for as slong as has (4-5 years??)

As for making hard calls on players, i got no issue with that. I just think if we can hold him on the RL we should.

We could have a prospective ruckman who has the physical frame to cope with AFL. What does six years of chronic injuries tell you? A ruckman with chronic leg injuries is an absolute no go zone.

The spot Meesen takes up deprives us of a young rookie that has a prospect of making it. And even if he were to stay on the RL (he wont), he will be on a paupers salary.

This is the easiest "hard" call you would ever have to make.

This is the easiest "hard" call you would ever have to make.

ditto

There is absolutely no sense in keeping a bloke on the list ( even rookie ) getting paid... when the upside is miniscule at best. Just pointless.

To those who suggest a trade....you can only do that when theres a plus-plus between dealers. He has no trade currency, thats just reality.

Good luck John, must be very disappointing to have worked out this way.

I spoke to John a couple of weeks back. He's doing uni part time and looking to get into payer management down the track.

He's leg is 'stuffed' and he won't play footy again.