Wonaeamirri - sensational ball attack

McKenzie - made of rock

Edited by joeboy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watts - Looks like Jane, plays like Jane

Getting very sick of him not going hard for the ball when it is his turn.

I agree he was soft for three quarters, but his last almost made up for it. I'd also like to find out how many assists he had this game. He set up a lot of shots on goal with his passing.

Did anyone else think that snap on goal was across the line when it was marked?

Watts - Looks like Jane, plays like Jane

Getting very sick of him not going hard for the ball when it is his turn.

X2 very much a school boy!

Very generous on Bennel to!

Dunn was sensational. Green and Jamar continue there good form! Was worried about Jurrah there for a bit but he came good!

I hope all the Dunn haters are eating humble pie for dessert tonight :)

'Dunn and dusted!' - Dennis Cometti (on Dunn's 5th goal) you bewdy!

I am looking forward to the next few years. It's been a long time coming and I'm excited!

I agree he was soft for three quarters, but his last almost made up for it. I'd also like to find out how many assists he had this game. He set up a lot of shots on goal with his passing.

That pass to Jurrah in the third (?) was a beauty. Shame he missed it. He had three assists by the way.

People canning Watts are blind. He played a blinder himself in the last quarter when we had to pull out all the stops (so did Scully), but even before that despite not too many disposals he'd had an important hand in several goals. He's getting there. I agree that he's a bit tentative when he has the ball forward of centre, but surely that's just confidence and learning.

People canning Watts are blind. He played a blinder himself in the last quarter when we had to pull out all the stops (so did Scully), but even before that despite not too many disposals he'd had an important hand in several goals. He's getting there. I agree that he's a bit tentative when he has the ball forward of centre, but surely that's just confidence and learning.

I could be mistaken, but I think he had something like 9 disposals in the last, as well as a goal (or two if you discount the goal umpire) and ended with 9 marks. That's a hell of an effort for the lad.

Edit: Just tracked it down. At 3/4 time he had 3 disposals and three marks to his name (according to prostats.com.au). By full time he had 13 disposals, 8 marks and a goal. Very big last quarter.

Edited by RalphiusMaximus

how good is bail - we need to pump him up more

i dont know why people write off rivers = superb

Bail does some very good work but he gave away some dumb freekicks today. He provides plenty of hardness in tight and has pace with a nice long kick but just needs to get those simple little mistakes out of his game.

Rivers was great today under the long bomb and helping out Frawley.

how good is bail - we need to pump him up more

Agreed. Bail has been another gem this season for us.

Love his dash, and his instinct to just run. His kicking is very good too. Love him.

Not sure what Jack Watts has to do for people to stop bagging him. I watched bits of the West Coast game and my god Naitanui was a spud, but I bet no West Coast supporter is calling him a girl. Lay the hell off. His last quarter was great. He is working hard, his kicking is superb and his fitness is coming along nicely. He needs to go harder, and he needs to start kicking goals, but FFS he is 19 and has played less than 20 games in probably the hardest position on the ground.

Guest Jack Jack Jack Jack

If theres someone in a better position he should give it of and thats what he did.

Yeah you're right, just watched the replay and he made the right decision. Looked like he had more space from where I was sitting.

Also seems his late snap was across the line, and should've been a goal. Bugger.

Bail does some very good work but he gave away some dumb freekicks today. He provides plenty of hardness in tight and has pace with a nice long kick but just needs to get those simple little mistakes out of his game.

Rivers was great today under the long bomb and helping out Frawley.

Bail is a classy player that I've had my eye on for some time. Maybe it's appearance or running action, but he remind me of Andrew Swallow (for North) in the making who I regard as gun! Hope he gets there.

Those "little mistakes" were for 2 frees (for in the back). 1 was a total b/s call & the other a 50/50.

Didn't see to many mistakes for me. Just want more & more of the same. Get busier.

I think Bruce was pretty good today, shut Morton out for the first 10 mins then Tigers got smart nad kept matching him up with quicker players and they got away from him a few times but he held his own the rest of the time so there ploy to try and beat him on pure pace did not come off that well.

Agreed. Bail has been another gem this season for us.

Love his dash, and his instinct to just run. His kicking is very good too. Love him.

Not sure what Jack Watts has to do for people to stop bagging him. I watched bits of the West Coast game and my god Naitanui was a spud, but I bet no West Coast supporter is calling him a girl. Lay the hell off. His last quarter was great. He is working hard, his kicking is superb and his fitness is coming along nicely. He needs to go harder, and he needs to start kicking goals, but FFS he is 19 and has played less than 20 games in probably the hardest position on the ground.

I don't think anyone doubts Watts will be a gun anymore or at least a very handy player. What bothers people is how soft he is at the contest. Size shouldn't matter, just look at Scully.

Did anyone else think that snap on goal was across the line when it was marked?

I reckon he had 3 direct assists for goals to half time, and two other good leads/positioning not honored or seen by his team mates.

But he's got footy smarts for sure and swithced play several times to catch out the tiges.

The hardness will come - he just doesn't seem to know how to play angy like Jack Reiwoldt. Is that a good or bad thing??

I don't think anyone doubts Watts will be a gun anymore or at least a very handy player. What bothers people is how soft he is at the contest. Size shouldn't matter, just look at Scully.

Just look at Green.

Hardness at the contest can be taught. Watts doesn't exactly run the other way when presented with a physical contest, but coming from school footy and a basketball background, the physicality of the game is bound to be his weakness.

It will probably take two good pre-seasons, James Frawley style, to give him the confidence to go harder. Also, the better he plays, the more he'll feel he belongs, and the more confidence he'll have to go hard and win those one on one contests.

Some players are born with a death wish, like Ricky Petterd who ran into an oncoming Barry Hall in his first match, or Rivers who runs blindly into marking contests. But for most players, putting themelves in danger is not a natural thing, but something they have to learn to deal with as they mature. It will be expected of Watts to go hard, and I have no doubt that he will.