What is Petterd worth?

Freak

I know all about the rumours of last year, but I wasn't on Demonland then :)

Jamar was just an example - another player not playing in his home state with his contract expiring at the end of the year. Both have rumoured to be re-signed by Melbourne. So aren't they in the same boat?

There's not many clubs that are building a list from scratch in the home state of QLD that happen to be offering lots of money & Game security.

So I think that narrows the issue down a bit. Maybe thats why Ricky is being touted about.

some say that because he is from QLD, that thats no reason to think we'll lose Ricky, that GC-17 will allways go for the best player. I say not always.

Imagine the excitement for a moment if someone like Ricky raced into Goal kicking a bag, or the winning goal up on the Coast. The papers would have a field day promoting the game & the code.

This is exactly what the GC-17 should be aiming for whenever possible with local talent.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Boss

Ok, my near future forward line consists of Watts, Bate, Jurrah, Sylvia, Green and a small (probably Aussie).

Personally, I also put Morton in there; I know many don't.

They all get in in preference of Petterd.

I'd be tempted to swap Green for another small too, like Jetta.

Petterd is not a small.

In future I see a player like Fitzpatrick or Gawn also squeezing in there as a big.

Petterd is not a tall forward.

Nor is he a wingman or a back flanker.

He is firmly a mid-sized forward flanker in my book.

He could be a great player to have in our side, but I also don't see him demanding a spot over any of the others named.

Why do you rate Bate ahead of Petterd? IMO Petterd is much more valuable, although he is slightly smaller he plays above his size.

Why do you rate Bate ahead of Petterd? IMO Petterd is much more valuable, although he is slightly smaller he plays above his size.

Petterd is currently more valuable than Bate as he creates space and he's the best contested mark for a forward - Jamar's a ruckman. Bate is a half-forward who doesn't seem to use his height. It's almost as if Petterd plays like a player Bate's height and vice versa.

I think Bate is much better than Petterd at this stage.

Ricky is more than just slightly smaller.

Bate is a freight train and he runs and runs and runs.

He also kicks long goals from outside 50. He can busts packs.

He has done this for years; Ricky had a few good games at the start of this season.

I think Bate is much better than Petterd at this stage.

Ricky is more than just slightly smaller.

Bate is a freight train and he runs and runs and runs.

He also kicks long goals from outside 50. He can busts packs.

He has done this for years; Ricky had a few good games at the start of this season.

Petterd and Green are the only two players who can take a park inside 50. Green's 30 (?), he won't be there for that much longer. I agree with what you said about Bate but the loss of Petterd hurts our forward line more than you think. We wouldn't have got close against Collingwood in Round 2 without him.

Yes I did, but its also up to 2 parties to agree. Also a person may want to do something but circumstances can change & people can change their minds or a change of heart.

I don't really know Ricky personally, & I do get a feeling that he's an honest person high on integrity, & that is why I've believed till now, but this is treated like a business these days, with decisions taken accordingly.

That's a rare thing. A sensible post.

Nobody, including Freak can say he's going. Likewise, nobody can say for sure he's staying. Things change VERY quickly. Let's say the Ablett thing falls through, they'll have more money to throw at uncontracted players then, and suddenly the landscape changes. We're MONTHS away from an answer here I think.

Petterd and Green are the only two players who can take a park inside 50. Green's 30 (?), he won't be there for that much longer. I agree with what you said about Bate but the loss of Petterd hurts our forward line more than you think. We wouldn't have got close against Collingwood in Round 2 without him.

A matured Watts and Jurrah?

A fit Bate or Sylvia(didn't play in round 2)?

A Tapscott or a Trengove? A Morton?

Petterd was fantastic in that one game against the pies and good in a few others.

To say no other players can take a mark inside 50 is wrong.

We were missing, for one reason or another, nearly every alternative in that particular game.

I agree he did straighten us up greatly and looked a class above, but we're yet to

see that consistently.

(Green is 29).

Edited by Enforcer25

A matured Watts and Jurrah?

A fit Bate or Sylvia(didn't play in round 2)?

A Tapscott or a Trengove? A Morton?

Petterd was fantastic in that one game against the pies and good in a few others.

To say no other players can take a mark inside 50 is wrong.

We were missing, for one reason or another, nearly every alternative in that particular game.

I agree he did straighten us up greatly and looked a class above, but we're yet to

see that consistently.

(Green is 29).

Remember Petterd has had a few injuries. We haven't seen it consistently because he hasn't been fully fit.

And who can mark inside 50? Petterd and Green can. Jamar can when he pushes forward. Dunn when he's lucky to get a game. Sylvia and Jurrah can mark. Am I missing anyone?

Remember Petterd has had a few injuries. We haven't seen it consistently because he hasn't been fully fit.

And who can mark inside 50? Petterd and Green can. Jamar can when he pushes forward. Dunn when he's lucky to get a game. Sylvia and Jurrah can mark. Am I missing anyone?

Sylvia and Jurrah, as you said.

Bate?

A mature Watts will take more marks.

(we've already established that this is about going forward, not about right now)

Jurrah or likewise Fitzpatrick or Gawn.

It's not like we'll be bereft of marking options up forward like you are trying to make out.

And even if he marks it, I still think Petterd has been an unreliable kick.

It's not like we'll be bereft of marking options up forward like you are trying to make out.

And even if he marks it, I still think Petterd has been an unreliable kick.

He does kick helicopters, but he is not unreliable. A bit like Sticks Kernahan. His kicks often look wobbly but seem to find their way through. However he does have a pretty high ball-drop which makes it difficult on windy days especially.

IMO Bate & Petterd would be left to fight out one spot in the forward line. They are different players in what they bring. It's a tough call this one because when we do have a win it is Bater who really seems to play well. I would add the Rick was starting to have more influence on each game he played...it is a pity about his injury.

IMO Bate & Petterd would be left to fight out one spot in the forward line. They are different players in what they bring. It's a tough call this one because when we do have a win it is Bater who really seems to play well. I would add the Rick was starting to have more influence on each game he played...it is a pity about his injury.

Petterd also adds enormous defensive pressure to our forward line.

It is worth noting he's stats mirror Stevie Johnson at he same age.

I reckon he will trun out to be an absolute superstar.

We must re-sign him.

I am very nervous.

Petterd also adds enormous defensive pressure to our forward line.

It is worth noting he's stats mirror Stevie Johnson at he same age.

I reckon he will trun out to be an absolute superstar.

We must re-sign him.

I am very nervous.

Petterd is 22 in July. At 22 and in 2005, Steve Johnson was a talented but selfish slackarse who exhibited little defensive skill. An undisciplined showy footballer.

It took a couple of stupid incidents at the end of 2006, for Johnson to see the light and to really cash in on his talent.

I am not sure of the relevance of the Steve Johnson analogy. Both are talented footballers (I think SJ more so) but one has had attitude problemswhile the other player has had fitness and performance issues.

I hope he will be a star footballer for us never the less.

The odds of Petterd staying are the same as Ablett staying. Ablett is definitely going and Guy McKenna along with the Gold Coast CEO recently bought a multi-million $$$ property at auction. i wonder who that is for? I have the exact address

You gotta laugh.....

I have it on good authority that Petterd is off to the Gold Coast next season.

Thoughts?

Phew !

We can relax now.

Must admit you provide some good entertainment Freak, and as always are true to form: -

Ricky Petterd article - Mfc website - 25/6/2010

From article:

For the record, Petterd has no plans to move back to his home state, and he's more than happy to be part of an emerging Demons outfit.

“It’s an exciting place to be," he said.

"It’s in the hands of my manager and the club now, so there’s not much I can really do. They will look after it, I’m sure.”

:lol:

The odds of Petterd staying are the same as Ablett staying. Ablett is definitely going and Guy McKenna along with the Gold Coast CEO recently bought a multi-million $$$ property at auction. i wonder who that is for? I have the exact address

Why would Ricky Petterd have ANYTHING to do with a Multi Million $$ property???? What Basis of fact are you working off?

Must be one of the more outrageous threads of the year, this one.

Put up or Shut up is appropriate here.............(insert Source & Facts here)

You Know the address of a multi Million $$ property on the Gold Coast.........Wow i am impressed-Tell us more O wise one.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/default.aspx?newsid=96923

Edited by why you little

Why would Ricky Petterd have ANYTHING to do with a Multi Million $$ property???? What Basis of fact are you working off?

He did not say that. Re read what you have quoted. The connection with Petterd was the odds of him going to the GC were the same as Ablett's odds. He stated Ablett was certain to go.

Back to you Sherlock B)

He did not say that. Re read what you have quoted. The connection with Petterd was the odds of him going to the GC were the same as Ablett's odds. He stated Ablett was certain to go.

Back to you Sherlock B)

It's all in the same Bundle until any one signs anything. Which none has yet.

So Back to you Watson... B)

Did re read what you attacked? Or are you content with your say nothing comment to fudge what you didnt understand? :lol:

Ricky Petterd has Nothing to do with any Gary Ablett Real Estate Deal, so why write it??

That is what i am saying? Plus the use of the word Fact....There is no Fact until signatures are written & dried

And yes i did re read the Post RR, just to make sure.

The odds of Petterd staying are the same as Ablett staying. Ablett is definitely going and Guy McKenna along with the Gold Coast CEO recently bought a multi-million $$$ property at auction.

The odds of Gary Ablett & Ricky Petterd are not the same in going to GC17, or if they are...How do you know???? It is a very LARGE statement, considering what is on the MFC website right now.

I didn't write the statement Rhino, but i am entitled to ask for some truth.

Carry on B)

Edited by why you little

Ricky Petterd has Nothing to do with any Gary Ablett Real Estate Deal, so why write it??

I didn't. You made the connection... I told you that Freak was not linking Petterd to the property deal. Duh!

Keep digging....dig,dig,dig........ :lol:

Uh oh wait there's an edit.....

The odds of Gary Ablett & Ricky Petterd are not the same in going to GC17, or if they are...How do you know???? It is a very LARGE statement, considering what is on the MFC website right now.

I didn't write the statement Rhino, but i am entitled to ask for some truth.

That's not what you were asking about before but it least shows you are now thinking. Well done on re-read.

I didn't. You made the connection... I told you that Freak was not linking Petterd to the property deal. Duh!

Keep digging....dig,dig,dig........ :lol:

Who said anything about you writing it Rhino?? I was asking Freak the Question, but of course you had to answer with some cryptic statements of course.

Why don't you just go & make a cuppa tea & let Freak answer the questions Posed????

Who said anything about you writing it Rhino?? I was asking Freak the Question, but of course you had to answer with some cryptic statements of course.

Why don't you just go & make a cuppa tea & let Freak answer the questions Posed????

Which question?

The sensible one or the silly one in Post 92?

Off a beer now....

Freak will be sweating... :unsure:

Newcomers to Demonland! You have experienced one of the mysteries of Demonland...

Freak is the anti-oracle.

For everything he says, shall be.

In reverse, completely wrong, like the most polar opposite thing to whatever he posts.

We marvel at his wrong-ness and wonder why and how...

Why he doesn't realize and how come he won't stop posting his nonsense.