I don't believe it

Demon17

Is it just me or do most here contemplate the facts that we have )probaly 33,000 memebers and are sitting in ninth spot (ignoring the pies and dogs games)and find this unbelievable after the last few years.

Someone must take serious credit no matter what. Long way to go but...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

It feels like I am following a very similar but oh so different team. Everyone who has done anything for the club over the last couple of years should feel proud but I know exactly who should take the credit (but he won't cause that is the sort of bloke he is).

It feels like I am following a very similar but oh so different team. Everyone who has done anything for the club over the last couple of years should feel proud but I know exactly who should take the credit (but he won't cause that is the sort of bloke he is).

Correct,

I know of 4 new members who say if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for us.

Fantastic Job so Far, but let's not forget that nothing has really been achieved yet. Sounds like a Tough call.

But we must be Tough & caring to succeed.

I want to see our Beloved President holding 2-3 cups in his hands. See the joy in his eyes. Then we can all marvel in glorious achievements.

We have been close before-This time we do.

Go the Demons. B)

The membership thing is important, absolutely, but as a fan I'm loving one thing above everything.

Since about 6 rounds into 2007, I knew, looking at our list, and the teams we sent out each week, that the vast majority of our 22 would not be at the club when we were a serious threat again.

Since then, three years ago (an eternity in footy), I have been hanging for the day I get a new list of 22 to dissect and sing the praises of. Hopefully with some confidence. After Hannabal's "Top 6" thread a lot of people whittled that number down to six bona-fide stars we can get excited about.

This year I have those names.

Frawley, Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes and Morton. 6 I can have extreme confidence will let me down rarely. And will probably play less "bad" games than our big-name 6 from five years ago... Neitz, Yze, Bruce, Robertson, Green, White.

Is it just me or do most here contemplate the facts that we have )probaly 33,000 memebers.

Someone must take serious credit no matter what.

What's more to the point is the excellent conversion rate of 'supporters' to members we obtain. I remember reading recently that we have the best ratio on this.

It's a point I think is worth trumpeting given the amount of carp Melbourne people are given for 'not turning up' or 'being counted'.

So credit taking for those who are due, sure - but some of that should be going to us as a group.

I didn't even bother mentioning Gysberts, who I think will be great too.

They will be great players (McKenzie, Gysberts) but I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to put them in the same class as the other 6.

Blease, I think, will reach their level.

Edited by Enforcer25

After Hannabal's "Top 6" thread a lot of people whittled that number down to six bona-fide stars we can get excited about.

This year I have those names.

Frawley, Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes and Morton. 6 I can have extreme confidence will let me down rarely. And will probably play less "bad" games than our big-name 6 from five years ago... Neitz, Yze, Bruce, Robertson, Green, White.

I think we'll need to squeeze Blease into that group eventually.

I think Jordie McKenzie is all class too. So there is another to add to thelist.

I didn't even bother mentioning Gysberts, who I think will be great too.

Jack Viney should be in that group of 6.

What about one of our current best 6 who is 26, who still has a fair bit of footy still to play and probably our most improved in the last 18 months. Notably a very important player in the scheme of things.

Mark Jamar ?

What about one of our current best 6 who is 26, who still has a fair bit of footy still to play and probably our most improved in the last 18 months. Notably a very important player in the scheme of things.

Mark Jamar ?

Good call, but i was thinking more of the new kiddies. Jordie McKenzie has just sort of appeared to we supporters out of nowhere this year.

Bloody Brilliant-My sister in law knows his family & says he is a great kid. So i really hope he succeeds because he has worked really hard at it so far.

Good call, but i was thinking more of the new kiddies. Jordie McKenzie has just sort of appeared to we supporters out of nowhere this year.

Bloody Brilliant-My sister in law knows his family & says he is a great kid. So i really hope he succeeds because he has worked really hard at it so far.

Every year for the last 15 or so I have picked one player as "my boy", the player that I watch most carefully and follow and this year I took Jordie. I have spoken to him a couple of times and he is a great kid and loves the club and his footy. He has a habit of saying " yeah" all the time and I feel like that should be his nickname. I think he will have a great career with us.