Melbourne Crowd

45,444. Melbourne fans take a bow, because we were vocal and feral tonight, great to see. Now next week we must not drop of our enthusiasm as we are playing a lesser side in West Coast at the G. FIRE UP! MCC were fantastic tonight as were the rest of the ground. We forget about tonight and move on quickly and turn our focus to West Coast. Melbourne fans, week in, week out, Loud and feral behavior. LOVE IT! GO DEEESSS!

Yeah good post.

I had a little inside chuckle as I walked up the stairs after the final siren in the tier 2 Melb reserve. I witnessed a melb member beating the living [censored] out of his plastic mcg chair.

Do the umpires have a theme song?

We made a lot of noise..and i didn't hear a word of that loathsome footscray song, which is right up there with Fremantle's dirge.

Stand tall Demon Faithfull.

I t was a little hard through all that Booooing at the end, I loved it.

Been saying it for years but I'll keep doing it until it becomes myth - the dees fans are as loud, passionate and ferral as any supporter base and we love our club.

I was at the rugby over at AAMI Park until I RAN into the 'G at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter (got laughed at by the bloke on the gate when my m-ship card actually scanned in because they were turing blokes away from the gate without entry - literally a 'where have you been sort of thing' {bugger off mate! love my Dees}). So not sure my attendance would've been offically recorded as it was the first thing i saw on the screen as i walked into the ground. Re-count? HAHA. But seriously, v-good crowd considering the crappy weather!

One has to wonder with good weather there very well may have been about 60,000 turn up?

Lets hope we can get at least 30,000 there next week.

One thing that struck me was the anger shown as I left the ground, the universal source of the anger was the umpiring and it was real anger. Usually when we lose you hear very little from the supporters but there was real passion there last night.

How could they think wearing almost red shirts was a good idea?

My problem is that whilst I like the extra crowd numbers it's taking me ages to get out of the ground :)

So if your coming , "Get the bloody train!" :)

There were lots of Rugby supporters parked at the G last night, as I was walking over the bridge there was a constant stream of them walking the other way, good idea to have both games finish at the same time.

I was at the rugby over at AAMI Park until I RAN into the 'G at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter (got laughed at by the bloke on the gate when my m-ship card actually scanned in because they were turing blokes away from the gate without entry - literally a 'where have you been sort of thing' {bugger off mate! love my Dees}). So not sure my attendance would've been offically recorded as it was the first thing i saw on the screen as i walked into the ground. Re-count? HAHA. But seriously, v-good crowd considering the crappy weather!

x2, I did the same thing I sat behind the Melbourne goals for the last 10 minutes and cheered my ass off, gotta say there was one feral bulldog supporter with a cubra hat and bulldogs gear behind me gobbing off that after 10 minutes I wanted to knock his head off. Great crowd and the noise / atmosphere was great go dees, I will be there next week! Be great too build up somemore wins and confidence leading into the queens birthday and who knows might get 80k plus how good would that look for the dees

Edited by Daz's Dee's

Guest Graham Gaunt

One thing that struck me was the anger shown as I left the ground, the universal source of the anger was the umpiring and it was real anger. Usually when we lose you hear very little from the supporters but there was real passion there last night.

RF - That was me mate, I also kicked off at the people that wouldnt move down the back of the tram when there's 300 tryin to get on and they're having a leisurely chat about how pretty the bubbledome lights are.....

Not a good idea when I'm still seething about red shirts. Julia Gillards mates knew they stole the game so they werent crowing.

I'm just gonna put it behind me and wait for happier days otherwise it'll do my nut in.

GG

That actually came across very clearly on the TV as well.....

And I must admit I loved seeing that kind of passion, no poor behaviour, just genuine anger at being screwed over.

That crowd number is excellent, and those that went get a huge round of applause :) !!!

Actually I was a little disappointed with the crowd. Don't forget 14,000 were from the Field of Women event. I was hoping for 50,000+, but I guess the rain stopped some from coming.

No doubt it was totally dominated by Melbourne supporters though. Of the 45,444, would have been 35,000 or so Melbourne. Bulldogs supporters just don't show up to MCG games.

Been saying it for years but I'll keep doing it until it becomes myth - the dees fans are as loud, passionate and ferral as any supporter base and we love our club.

Me too (but I haven't been saying it).

Puts paid to that ridiculous notion that abounded during 2007-2009 that we were a passionless, heartless club that stood for nothing.