Prodigal supporters - come back now

jabberwocky

After Round one and at various times many passionate Melbourne people have been disheartened by what some perceived as failures.

There have been calls for the sacking of Dean Bailey most notably after round 1 and the lamenting of a lack of a game plan. There were many other criticisms made in the heat of disappointment and anger.

Some have continued to post and have admitted thier mistakes and then there are others who probably feel a little silly and have stopped posting.

To those who jumped off the bandwagon, there is still room. But be prepared that the road before us is still rocky and uncertain.

Stand before Dean in humility, admit your lack of faith and climb on board and support your club again and buy the membership you can afford.

Start believing in this club again.

I had my doubts but

Never been off the Bandwagon always been red and blue

However as Far as Bailey is concerned yes those doubts existed especially after our start to the season

But I have to admit it’s been a great turn around and Bailey can certainly claim kudos for that

So if he can continue the same way he has over the last few weeks for at least a good part of the remaining season

I will gladly re evaluate my opinion.

To be honest I hope he does.

I am one of the people that was calling for Bailey's head after round 1 and I am very pleased to be proven that i know nothing about football coaching. ^_^

I have been to perhaps 30 of the last 50 games and I implore all bandwagon jumpers to get on board before ski season starts.

After Round one and at various times many passionate Melbourne people have been disheartened by what some perceived as failures.

There have been calls for the sacking of Dean Bailey most notably after round 1 and the lamenting of a lack of a game plan. There were many other criticisms made in the heat of disappointment and anger.

Some have continued to post and have admitted thier mistakes and then there are others who probably feel a little silly and have stopped posting.

To those who jumped off the bandwagon, there is still room. But be prepared that the road before us is still rocky and uncertain.

Stand before Dean in humility, admit your lack of faith and climb on board and support your club again and buy the membership you can afford.

Start believing in this club again.

An old cobblestone Rd. Leading to the 4 lane freeway further up ahead.

After the practise games & Round 1 effort-I wanted to know if Dean Bailey could coach on match days.

At the time i said i would give him "one Last Chance" against the Filth Round 2. If he could not get the Demons pumped against that team it wasn't going to happen.

I wanted Dean to succeed & I asked for at least one quarter of competitive good hard football. What i saw was 4 quarters, all all was answered.

When i hear Dean Bailey in a press conference now i do not Hope-i believe his words. Thanks to Cam Schwab's Whiteboard Presentation i now believe what the club is doing is the right way to do it.

I think the players & coaching staff are all working as a team at the minute, The Inspiration of Jimmy Stynes might just drive this team further this year than anybody thought possible.

After the practise games & Round 1 effort-I wanted to know if Dean Bailey could coach on match days.

At the time i said i would give him "one Last Chance" against the Filth Round 2. If he could not get the Demons pumped against that team it wasn't going to happen.

I wanted Dean to succeed & I asked for at least one quarter of competitive good hard football. What i saw was 4 quarters, all all was answered.

When i hear Dean Bailey in a press conference now i do not Hope-i believe his words. Thanks to Cam Schwab's Whiteboard Presentation i now believe what the club is doing is the right way to do it.

I think the players & coaching staff are all working as a team at the minute, The Inspiration of Jimmy Stynes might just drive this team further this year than anybody thought possible.

I have never been one of "little faith". I have followed the Dees for more than 50 years.

I was there in '64. Living in Thailand these days, I have to plan my visits to see the boys and/or watch on TV here.

At the start of the season I was joking with friends, that I had booked my ticket, to be there at the end of September (which now could be October..no, no) 2014 - 50 years to the day, I was last there, to see a Demon Flag.

After round 1, I harboured thoughts, I might be a bit optimistic about 2014.

But, now as each week goes on I think maybe I could even have to book my air ticket a little sooner than expected.

Nothing wold give me greater joy !!

Go Dees !!

Edited by BangkokDemon

If ever Dean Bailey's team puts in an insipid performance like the one against Hawthorn, I will again call for his sacking. It was the worst game of football I have seen since we got steamrolled by the saints (also under Bailey)'08'. Those sort of performance should not be tolerated by the red and blue faithful. Sure, he has turned things around, and I am with him again, but my loyalty to Bailey is not blind and I hope if he can maintain the vigour shown by our players.

I have never been one of "little faith". I have followed the Dees for more than 50 years.

I was there in '64. Living in Thailand these days, I have to plan my visits to see the boys and/or watch on TV here.

At the start of the season I was joking with friends, that I had booked my ticket, to be there at the end of September (which now could be October..no, no) 2014 - 50 years to the day, I was last there, to see a Demon Flag.

After round 1, I harboured thoughts, I might be a bit optimistic about 2014.

But, now as each week goes on I think maybe I could even have to book my air ticket a little sooner than expected.

Nothing wold give me greater joy !!

Go Dees !!

Yes i loosley have planned to go to Asia in september this year-May wait till October now.

Geez they looked good on Saturday night-Those young kids really want to win now-They have tasted it now. Thre Transformation has been quite stunning.

I am so glad that Jim Stynes can smile through his adversity-The MFC might just help him recover.

If ever Dean Bailey's team puts in an insipid performance like the one against Hawthorn, I will again call for his sacking. It was the worst game of football I have seen since we got steamrolled by the saints (also under Bailey)'08'. Those sort of performance should not be tolerated by the red and blue faithful. Sure, he has turned things around, and I am with him again, but my loyalty to Bailey is not blind and I hope if he can maintain the vigour shown by our players.

Well that's a shame because I have little doubt that some sub-par performances are coming. History has shown that it's likely to happen with a young team.

Even Geelong have put in some shockers in recent years.

Eat some humble pie, trust the club and lengthen your view.....and try to enjoy it.

Dare you to say that Right in Dean Bailey's Face B I H-you sound like those pathetic Essendon supporters who have been plauging the airwaves for the last 72 odd hours.

After the Collingwood game i knew we had a gun coach.

Ya know what, knock yourself out. Feel free to tear yourself apart about it, you're clearly incapable of making a reasoned decision one way or the other. And guess what, you're call for him to be sacked next time will do absolutely nothing.

How about instead, you get on board and accept that there will be ups and downs as the boys develop. I personally honestly havent been this excited about a Melbourne team in over 30 years of following. It will take time, but I feel something special brewing.

I agree with Arthur.

I fully expect us to get absolutely spanked a few more times in the next couple of years.

I'm talking soul-crushing defeats.

This is what you get with a young developing team, no matter who is coach.

Do you happen to remember the Cats getting flogged by the Pies in 2007..?

It was demoralizing.

Even the best teams have bad days.

Just maybe it was the backlash against Bailey by faithfull supporters that galvanized the boys and gave Bailey the clear signal that insipid performances are a thing of the past. It was the first game of the season and we were disgraceful. When I played footy, the team was always absolutely pumped for round one. This is why I was so angry at the performance of our boys. I thought there may have been a fundamental problem, we did not win one practice match, actually we got pumped by WA teams. I was very worried.

I have always been with Bailey, except for after the hawks game. I now acknoledge it was a nervous shocker by the team, but those kind of performances should not be tolerated. If we have one of those games per year, I can wear it, but no more.

Remember, there is no shortage of men who would gladly coach the Demons (also play for the Demons) and probably do it very well.

To be given the honour to wear our beautiful colors during battle on the MCG is an privelidge that most people only dream about. Only the most commited will prevail. A champion team will ALWAYS beat a team of champions.

I agree with Arthur.

I fully expect us to get absolutely spanked a few more times in the next couple of years.

I'm talking soul-crushing defeats.

This is what you get with a young developing team, no matter who is coach.

Do you happen to remember the Cats getting flogged by the Pies in 2007..?

It was demoralizing.

Even the best teams have bad days.

I was at that match and as a nonpartisan onloooker (well, taking away the fact that I 'll barrack for any team playing the Pies), it was one of the most amazing things I've seen at the footy. Pies fans around me were having what could only be described as a religious experiences..

Ugh.

Yes i loosley have planned to go to Asia in september this year-May wait till October now.

Geez they looked good on Saturday night-Those young kids really want to win now-They have tasted it now. Thre Transformation has been quite stunning.

I am so glad that Jim Stynes can smile through his adversity-The MFC might just help him recover.

I've booked my trip away mid Sept thinking next year I would be watching the finals - I'll be spitting chips if................ :blink: