Melbourne team vs Adelaide

titan_uranus

Love the players listed, hate the positions. Hope it's the usual misleading rubbish.

Goodwin is in.

On paper, the Crows' line up is very strong, it's just form that brings them down.

I hope we don't play them back into form!

Am optimistically cautious (rather than cautiously optimistic) about this game.

Come on you Demons.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why anyone would be shocked. EVERY week the vast majority of interested posters put 2-3 (sometimes more) of their favourite players in, whilst outing 2-3 of the players they hate. On forums it's just an opportunity for you to [censored] about some player you've found some arbitrary fault with.

Realistically, Strauss was exciting but among the bottom 6 performed players last week. Sylvia had to come in, and in the end Strauss will be back before we can blink.

Bailey's obviously wanting to get a more settled 22 for better or worse. Nothing about this one change surprises me greatly. I'm totally comfortable with Bruce, Bate and Newton still being in. Those calling for their heads have gone early. In Bate and Bruce's case WAAAY too early.

I don't know why anyone would be shocked. EVERY week the vast majority of interested posters put 2-3 (sometimes more) of their favourite players in, whilst outing 2-3 of the players they hate. On forums it's just an opportunity for you to [censored] about some player you've found some arbitrary fault with.

Realistically, Strauss was exciting but among the bottom 6 performed players last week. Sylvia had to come in, and in the end Strauss will be back before we can blink.

Bailey's obviously wanting to get a more settled 22 for better or worse. Nothing about this one change surprises me greatly. I'm totally comfortable with Bruce, Bate and Newton still being in. Those calling for their heads have gone early. In Bate and Bruce's case WAAAY too early.

Couldn't agree more. Have nothing to add except to say how right you are.

Edited by Chook

Guest 45 double agent

Cam is finished, Strauss is our future, were not going to play finals,they should be putting game time into kids,not 30yr olds that cant hit targets, im glad your not on the selection panel, you have no idea.

Cam is finished, Strauss is our future, were not going to play finals,they should be putting game time into kids,not 30yr olds that cant hit targets, im glad your not on the selection panel, you have no idea.

If Cam was finished then he'd be out of the team. The fact that he isn't means he's not, if you follow me. Strauss wasn't good last week. Should we just go all-youth, do you think? I'm glad you're not on the selection panel. You have no idea.

hes pathetic, your blind sided, i admire hes loyalty, but the game has well and truly passed him.

No.

You're pathetic.

Not to mention ignorant.

Edited by Allen Jakovich

its a toss of the coin, bruce or jones, they cant hit a target, bruce is pathetic, turnover king.

Scully turned the ball over 6 times against collingwood (not saying he is pathetic, he is far from it) where Bruce turned it over TWICE, the team efficiency average was 69, Bruce 74% he was in our top 6 in disposals... FYI Bruce toped disposals against Hawks and only had what seems live ONE turnover...

Bruce = Scapegoat

Edited by Sturmmann

Scully turned the ball over 6 times against collingwood (not saying he is pathetic, he is far from it) where Bruce turned it over TWICE, the team efficiency average was 69, Bruce 74% he was in our top 6 in disposals... FYI Bruce toped disposals against Hawks and only had what seems live ONE turnover...

Bruce = Scapegoat

I hope this guy isn't the kind of person on whom stats are wasted, because those are some good ones.

I hope this guy isn't the kind of person on whom stats are wasted, because those are some good ones.

He is just looking for a scapegoat. I admit i was on his case for a while, but its only round 2 and we will see a whole lot more out of him in the coming rounds.

Bruce = Scapegoat

FWIW, turnovers don't include the instances where Bruce handpasses to a flat-footed teammate who immediately gets tackled and we lose possession.

FWIW, turnovers don't include the instances where Bruce handpasses to a flat-footed teammate who immediately gets tackled and we lose possession.

name ALL the occasions that happened on Saturday.

Bruce like all other players makes some bad decisions, James McDonalds 2 high tackles that resulted in goals, Jamars handball that davis kicked for a goal, Bate not seeing Petterd in the dying seconds all on his own, etc etc etc, list goes on.

name ALL the occasions that happened on Saturday.

Bruce like all other players makes some bad decisions, James McDonalds 2 high tackles that resulted in goals, Jamars handball that davis kicked for a goal, Bate not seeing Petterd in the dying seconds all on his own, etc etc etc, list goes on.

There was only one time I can think of on the week-end (and I've watched the game live once and on TV three times, where a poor Bruce handball cost us a goal, and that was when he received a kick-in on the 50 metre arc, handballed it to a flat-footed Strauss (I think) with three players up his clacker. Strauss then turned it over trying to give the quick hand-pass back to Bruce (not his fault), and the ball was picked up by a Pie and a goal was scored against us. Other than that, I can't think of any other costly Bruce turnovers but he was involved in four of our goals, so I'd say he had a net positive impact on us winning. If there is another player who is available but not in the side who would have a greater impact than that, by all means somebody name him.

Edited by Chook

Bruce = Scapegoat

Probably one instance where stats are misleading, yes HE may have hit his target but his target would've then immediately got tackled or crashed and hence the ball got turned over.

I'm not in the camp of dropping him but a senior player must be better and more aware, and this is not just me using him as a scapegoat the commentators said several times that there were turnovers caused directly because of him.

IMO changes are about right, for the last few years i reckon we would've had one of, if not the highest turnover of players in and out of the squad. It's time we got the team settled, Strauss is a tad unlucky but he'll be back and hopefully the two games in the seniors will give him some hunger to get back there.

Guest 45 double agent

No.

You're pathetic.

Not to mention ignorant.

well you tell me,were is C bruce taking this side? hes finished, he handpasses to kids that a flat footed, hes a turn over king,its not being ignorant, its the truth, and Jones isnt to far behind him, your post comes across as something a 12yr old would come up with, you obviously have avery low IQ.

Bruce = Scapegoat

Amen Brother! what are people doing on here Bruce Bashing? actually watch a game of footy FFS. I've spent time in the first 2 games following him around live for periods and he has a massive engine and does jobs on forwards as well as getting his own ball and tackling hard. 1 or 2 turnovers a game makes him a dud? i could name 21 other blokes out there that turn it over as often if not more than him

Maybe that "teammate" should get on his bike instead of being flat-footed! he has played in winning Melbourne teams before an is expecting (fairly) players to be wanting the ball and on their toes

well you tell me,were is C bruce taking this side? hes finished, he handpasses to kids that a flat footed, hes a turn over king,its not being ignorant, its the truth, and Jones isnt to far behind him, your post comes across as something a 12yr old would come up with, you obviously have avery low IQ.

Here's an interesting post from another thread. Its by a poster called Miracle. What it shows is that he's articulate, intelligent and has enough smarts to back up his claims with research. You on the other hand are probably 13yo with no perspective, no capacity to do research nor understand the structure of a team. When you've finished squeezing your pimples you might ask why and how Bruce came from a rookie list to get drafted and finish in the top 10 in our B&F consistently over a decade. Oh that's right you were probably 3 when he started. Good luck with your own footy career because its clear you have no idea. And when you want to do some research instead of making bald assertions then people might wish to have a debate with you.

"Cameron Bruce has never been a champion but since 2000 he has been and still is a good player.

I thought he played a good game but as usual there are demonlanders calling for him to be dropped

and one even stated he cost us three goals.

Am I missing something ? So to answer my own question I watched the game again. I only watched

Bruce and I often rewinded the tape to make sure I did not miss anything. Its amazing how much

you miss watching the first time. You often only remember the bad things. An example is Bate, he

made two bad mistakes ( kick into man on mark and not kicking to Petterd) everyone just remembers that

and not the many good things he did during match.

So this is my view on Bruce's game.

His role was to be a defender and due to the woods rotations he had many different opponents such Thomas,

Anthony, Cloke etc. His direct opponent did not kick a goal, he was never beaten one on one, and the

possessions his opponents had can be counted on one hand. He often blocked for his teammates allowing them to mark.

Leon Davis is difficult to tackle so how many of you remember that great tackle in the last quarter which

earned Bruce a free kick.

So as a defender he earned a big pass.

So I will now move on to his possession game and execution skills as everyone bags.

Tony Shaw bagged Bruce for a turnover that cost a goal in the first quarter, I'm sure a lot of you did to. Bruce marked the ball from full back and McKenzie ran passed for handball. Lets stop here, It is Mckenzie's responsibility to look ahead for clear space before demanding the ball. Bruce was facing the woods goal so its his responsibilty to make sure that no one is catching Mckenzie before he handballs. Bruce marked the ball and gave it to Mckenzie who was clear, Mckenzie ran a few metres but stopped because a woods player appeared behind Bruce, he panicked turned around and handballed to Bruce who had three players around him. He was tackled with a resulting goal. On this occassion Bruce did everything right but Mckenzie made the mistake.

Shaw had another go at Bruce for a handball to Bate. Yes it was low at Bate's knees but he received OK and gave

a good handball of. It was the next passage ( trengove) which made the error yet Bruce cops the blame.

Bruce had 19 possessions and they all and I repeat ALL hit the target. He did drop a chest mark from a kick in but he quickly gave a quick handball to a running defender which commenced another inside 50.

So in summary he beat his opponent all day and had 19 possessions which ALL hit the target.

So all you Bruce bashers out there, get hold of a tape and watch it with pen and paper. On the left had side

write all the good things he did and on the right the bad.

Please do not come back to me and state I remember this or I remember that. If you want an intelligent debate

tell me at what point it happened in the game."

edit: sp

Edited by jnrmac

Guest 45 double agent

the only thing i agree with in your post, is yes you do answer your own questions, :wacko: do you stand in your bathroom at home and talk to yourself in the mirror, Bruce is finished,fancy blaming Mckenzie for Bruces bad decision, i hope Bruce kicks 5 goals tommorow, i dont want him to fail,i believe that his decision making is pathetic and hes finished. B)