• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Footy Classified

Demon Stalwart

It is a hell of an assertion to make that Bailey does not have the PASSION.

NO ITS NOT !!!!

because it is a relative simple assertion pertaining to his media conferences. !!!!

DB lacks passion ( at least about the MFC ) IT IS OBVIOUS !

get yourself a copy of his first media conf. when he started and compare to last weeks.

he put me to sleep then ( old & stale cliched one liners ) but i thought needed time and more experience in front of the media spotlight ..

but nothing has changed as he has me switching to face cream commercials now..

if i am doing that just imagine how teenagers and young players with the attention span of goldfish respond.!!

count up how many times he has used the " NEED TO BE MORE COMPETITIVE " line.

i wish i had a $ for every time used..

But the worst thing i ever witnessed was the facial contented grin he used last sat.

he has " NO IDEA " OF passion or giving 2 hoots..HE IS NOT FUSSED.

HE DOES NOT INSPIRE..supporters so can u imagine the players..

at least damien hardwick's passion and frustration was evident as well as an effort of a changed game plan.

u can tell he has worked his butt off to change a style.

(young bodies and mental fitness failed him)

But DB realises his job is tenuous at best and would be out of sight & mind AT THE mfc.for a couple of years.

and is a short term proposition, based on his history as a player. and assist. @ Pt.AD. if he can earn $ 250 to $350 for a 3 or 4 year sojourn before he gets the flick and then get a reasonably high paying gig with an afl coach showing up on his resume so be it.

he has NOTHING !!! .

the last game in 2008 against RICH. shows that quite plainly AS THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER WITNESSED

since the pathetic game against FITZROY when they booted an all time highest score against us.in the 70's.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED THIS YEAR.

supporters are getting older by the minute without the disgraceful" getting game time " into young players line..

which is fine as long as you teach them good habits and get them "FIRED UP " to be in particular positions at particular times of a game.

CONTINUALLY WHEELING OUT NO; 1 & 2 DRAFT PICKS this year and last( to take spotlight off him) FOR THE MEDIA is "EMBARRASSING!!

Did stk or hawth do it ?? with theirs??

As for being inventive ?crikey !!

last year s hawth. game mid season giving up his game plan on FOX SPORTS with g healy before the game !!!

one" A.CLARKSON" could not believe it, hawth coaching staff were incredulous & pissing themselves .

u would think a little bit of nerves or stress would show out ? but nothing but calm repeated same old same old.lines is absurd.

compare DB with norths, brad scotts FIRST effort who is not mr. personality but the professionism and passion is obvious.

or compare choco williams or neil craigs first years and latest efforts handling good and bad games

not to mention the best i have seen in one PAUL ROOS.

It is a well known fact of life that ;

COMMUNICATION IS 93% NON VERBAL. !!! big business.make

millions every day on the silent but visual communication..signals and messages sent without uttering one syllable..

gardners admin. appointed him but i think this admin. has an idea of fairness mixed with a plan to get a well respected ex. MFC player

to replace him for 2012.

IF mid season mutual termination does not happen where (CC can fill in )

tod viney or one g lyon look like the obvious but who knows ? as melb supporters are too polite and politically correct

to go ferrel or to complain too loudly..they just go missing...

and use the the same line from the 70's the 80's lets give him time to develop the kids.

GREAT LINE FROM BRAD SCOTT LAST WEEK THAT THEY DON"T WANT TO USE THE DEVELOPMENT LINE RUBBISH.

they want to perform "now"..THEIR ATTITUDE IS TERRIFIC.

THOSE WHO CANNOT LEARN FROM HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of what you say, But do not forget one very important factor. Our Elite A Grade young kids who we are grooming are rarely going to all be available and fully fit at the same time, so the 2nd Tier players have got to be better, we have had a history of overpaying Good players because we haven't had any Truly Elite players since Robbie Flower, and Before that since The Red Fox was coach.

We have to also demand way more of our 2nd Tier players.

btw i hope Strauss does play this week-Give him the chance to reload, and Go again. Week 3 i would send him back to Casey to consolidate what he has learnt. Strauss i think will be a Gun, it's Warnock who i am not sold on yet.

I think Bailey's record shows he will not show a loss of faith and drop a kid after only one game - he gives them at least 2 or 3 and a chance to learn and atone for earlier mistakes.

This is one of the aspects Burke would have meant when he said he wished he played under a coach like Bailey.

Also interesting to note in Mike Sheehan's article in the HUN today that both parties have note signed Bailley's extension.

Hmmm...

I'm thinking about the tactical layout and the way Bailey wants to have the ball moved, and had an odd thought.

Is it time for a little bit of a restoration of players holding to positions? Particularly up forward.

My reasoning is this -

As we come out of defence and down the wing, or ideally up the middle, we set a group of runners off together. Their goal is to keep the ball moving forward while firing off handballs to eventually realease a player into enough space and time to deliver a quality long-medium kick into the forward line.

At present, it falls down partly because some players are poor at 'spreading' to space on the run, some players are poor at timing their release to draw an opponent in without actually having the handball affected or simply ahve poor awareness of their teammates position. Each of these shortcomings feeds the other, to create the miserable stretches of play we've seen too much of.

By keeping a few forwards in position permanently, we not only offer a continuous target to kick to, but also open up the vital space to work in for that run out of defence. Rebounding is a moment in the game where square metres, not number of players, are vital.

What have I missed here? Any thoughts?

Also...

Bailey obviously doesn't have the passion.

Neither does Lyon, or Shwarta. They're fare to critical or balanced in the media.

Gardner clearly never cared.

If Neita was serious, he'd be the forward line coach.

And why didn't Viney even put his name seriously up for the senior coaching position a couple of years ago.

Daniher, pfft, obviously only cared about his next job at Freo, with his old Essendon mates.

And Connolly, well, come on, he spent two decades away from the club for no good reason.

Ian Ridley, obviously all he ever wanted was the club to become the Hawks.

Let's face it, Barassi is only our number one ticket holder because nobody else would have him.

And Norm Smith hasn't done anything for us for decades.

EDIT: Yeah, uh, this post was put up because I'm sick of hearing the moaning that borders on this kind of drivel. I don't mean a word of what is written here, and picked the comments specifically because I thought nobody would take them seriously. Surely the 'nobody else wanted Barassi' was a giveaway?

Edited by Little Goffy

Also...

Neither does Lyon, or Shwarta. They're fare to critical or balanced in the media.

And why didn't Viney even put his name seriously up for the senior coaching position a couple of years ago.

Daniher, pfft, obviously only cared about his next job at Freo, with his old Essendon mates.

And Connolly, well, come on, he spent two decades away from the club for no good reason.

Let's face it, Barassi is only our number one ticket holder because nobody else would have him.

worst post i've read in quite a while

Also...

and your point is........?

Also...

Absolute stinker of an assessment. Barassi bashing is as low as it gets IMO

Oh, geebus horistos.

Guys, guys, I didn't mean it!

Is it that bad around here that a post that repugnant can be thought of as serious?

Your sarcasm rolled over them like a bowling ball against skittles..... :wacko:

I note that beside you few have questioned the tripe Fuschia put up... You tell if Bailey has passion from his press conferences.....Ugh!

Sarcasm is a post that would pass for intelligent posting on this site atm is far far too subtle.

Next time, try putting everything in capitals.

I didn't mind it Goff.

Though it's worth mentioning, you've highlighted something that this world has needed for years and been unable to create.

A sarcasrm font.

The past 5 years have been dreadfull. I don't know about you, but I could see the list failings & the pitifull soft unphysical efforts we were putting in with cheap kicks collecter on the back pocket boundary followed by a little run & long bomb to over the wing, only to see it come strait back.

All we had was Neita to admire.

Just biding time as Yze, Robbo, Green, White, Neita all just played out time in their careers.

Whilst we didn't develope our kids well with good facilities or...

Green just playing out his career? You're awfully harsh there; Brad Green has been a shining light over the last three dark and depressing years, he's racked up 200 games for the club, and he chose club loyalty over bigger bucks a couple of years ago - he deserves a little more than this sour cynicism. Actually, the other blokes you mention deserve better too. AFL is tough and demanding stuff: Yze, Robbo, White, and Neitz all did the club proud and gave everything they had - they should be afforded more respect.

And another thing: 2006 saw us beat St Kilda in the Elimination Final. The last three years have been tough and unpleasant but let's not add to the misery by ignoring or forgetting the success we have experienced.

From what I saw on Saturday there was little or no team development.

I disagree. Amazing as it may sound, I thought our skills were noticeably improved from the previous 3 or 4 seasons. We didn't turn the ball over too many times when under no pressure (like we did in previous seasons). The issues on Saturday were quite obviously intensity and decision making. Neither of which were good enough. The intensity was non existent and many of the players consistently made poor decision, which then affected their overall disposal output. We need to weed out the poor decision makers (Yes, I will name names: Jones, Miller, Bate, these types) and either make sure they're not isolated or ensure that they learn to make the right decisions (some would argue this cannot be taught). This may be fixed with players that follow team rules.

I would play Newton every time over Miller. The latter has had numerous seasons in which to cement his spot and has shown he's not good enough. Newton deserves (possibly) his last chance to establish an AFL career. I said a couple of times during last season that had he kicked goals (instead of behinds) early on in the season, he would have been a different player, come the end of last season. So he needs to start well this week. But at least he has a decent pair of hands and has the ability (IMO) to receive a lot of the ball. If he kicks straight he could well kick bags of goals.

Sorry for the digression, but Bailey and his match committee have made the correct decision dropping Miller and player Newton. Good luck to Dean on the weekend and all the players. The major aspect of the game I will be concerned with is intensity around the footy and decision making.

Moloney was about the only one who penetrated Hawthorns zone with his 60 metre kick.Gilham was the last man in the zone and Moloney cleared him a couple of times but we had no-one to take advantage.Later this year we may have Watts & Jurrah contesting the zone breaker with Wonna,Maric or Flash cleaning up the crumbs.

I think Moloney broke it once, but we certainly did break it a couple of times, with really quick ball movement and precise disposal. Moloney, however far too often just kicks it straight up in the air, with little to no direction. We need players like Bate and Trengove delivering inside 50. Bate leading up onto the wings from the flanks and kicking deep inside 50. Moloney is a passionate player, tough and a hard trier, but he wouldn't get a game in many other sides, because he's only got one trick and that's the long, high kick. I think it's a little unfair to single out Moloney has the only one to break the zone, when a couple of other players did it, and often far more effectively.

Also...

EDIT: Yeah, uh, this post was put up because I'm sick of hearing the moaning that borders on this kind of drivel. I don't mean a word of what is written here, and picked the comments specifically because I thought nobody would take them seriously. Surely the 'nobody else wanted Barassi' was a giveaway?

Ahh it was Sarcasm LG, i was hoping it was, but after the last weeks postings flying around i just wasn't quite sure!!

The world needs laughter. B)