DRAFT NIGHT!!!

Dee tention

You're very definite about this.

-Bit rough on the player to delist him at the last minute - when other doors might be shut. Who do you think it will be?

-If Ball doesn't come to us, do you believe we'll keep this player and pass on the PSD - so that its effectively him or Ball?

I have no doubt if Ball decides to come to our club the club won't say sorry we haven't delisted McNamara, Bartram or Cheney so we can't have you at the club. Pick 34 is a good enough pick to get someone decent.

I think there is a reason why Bartram hasn't signed yet. They don't really want him and don't care if he stays or walks. If he stays they could put McNamara on the rookie list (I wolud doubt that any club would be after him and if they were it would be no great loss if a club picked him up before we did). Cheney has showed enough to get a 2 year contract IMO.

I'm not sure what they will do if they don't get Ball. I suppose it will depend on how interested we are in Bradshaw there doesn't seem to be too much else in the PSD.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Scully

2. Trengove

11. Daniel Talia or John Butcher

18. James Craig

34. Dylan Grimes

Watch and see if Ball say yes or no before i start thinking about using the PSD.

If Luke Ball says no than use it on Mitch Thorp or Jesse Smith

Nov Draft

1. Scully

2. Trengove

11. Rohan

18. Troy Taylor

34. Thorpe

PSD

1. Ball

We get the two best kids in the draft, take the best slider with 11, pick up a Jurrah clone @ 18 and Thorpe is taken as a gamble. Ball in the psd is the icing

Oh man, I need to take a cold shower.

I want to make a change to my picks, swap Rohan for Black

Hmm... I've had a change of heart on our need for KPP. I don;t think it is that urgent, we have a wealth of defenders and a couple of future star talls up forward. I've been very hot and cold on Vardy, much to my embarrassment. Griffiths I've stayed in love with all the way though, even if I'm considering seeing Carlisle on the side ;)

My thinking has been shaped a little by looking at other clubs and their situations and the realisation of the obvious - true tall forwards take time to develop, even if they turn out to be great, and you can't load up on them because there are limited spots available for their type. Meanwhile, if you can find goal-kicking midfielders/medium forwards you don't have to worry so much about finding a way for them to slot in, you always need plenty of rotation options, and they can provide a bit of forward firepower while you wait to find a truly potent key forward. That's the other thing - those few tall forwards need to be exceptional, there's no space for being the seventh on a roster or a tagger, you've got to be a winner in your position.

I also think that from here on in we should be happy to take risks with selections, in terms of total hit-or-miss types rather than 'likely to be ok'. We now have so many players who may well be with us for then next ten years or more that there simply wont be opportunities for new guys to find a spot unless they really stand out.

1. Scully. The man in the middle.

2. Trengove. Attacking Mid and Medium Forward.

11. Andrew Moore. Attacking Mid and Medium Forward.

18 . Ben Griffiths. Risk on injury, but would be a top-ten without them. If we manage it and clear it up successfully, he will be gold.

34. Well, actually I still like Dylan Grimes for this pick, just because ;)

And the obligatory Majak Daw side note - if he's there for our first rookie pick, we get him. No doubts.

I have no doubt if Ball decides to come to our club the club won't say sorry we haven't delisted McNamara, Bartram or Cheney so we can't have you at the club. Pick 34 is a good enough pick to get someone decent.

I think there is a reason why Bartram hasn't signed yet. They don't really want him and don't care if he stays or walks. If he stays they could put McNamara on the rookie list (I wolud doubt that any club would be after him and if they were it would be no great loss if a club picked him up before we did). Cheney has showed enough to get a 2 year contract IMO.

I'm not sure what they will do if they don't get Ball. I suppose it will depend on how interested we are in Bradshaw there doesn't seem to be too much else in the PSD.

Your analysis is reasonable.I hope you are right about another delisting because I want to get as much new talent on to list this year as possible.

Don't forget that the PSD is not just for known talent - but for talent from outside the ,mainstream. eg Martin, Jurrah. I think they'd be reluctant to close off the option. There's no way we'd go for Bradshaw - having already delisted Robbo.

1. T. Scully

2. J. Trengove

11. A. Black (Butcher if available, but unlikely)

18. B. Griffiths

34. not sure, don't know enough about the draftees

50. pass

PSD 1: best player available, perhaps Thorp? Too hard to call this far out.

Is Aaron Black any good.

Is he a forward or a backman because if he is a backman than i don't want him we have enough talk backman as it is.

Forward, good in the air and on the ground. Pretty agile and can kick too, which is a bonus. Mature age I believe.

Is Aaron Black any good.

Is he a forward or a backman because if he is a backman than i don't want him we have enough talk backman as it is.

So if he was Matthew Scarlett quality you'd pass him up for whoever the next best KPF is even if the best 4 or 5 have already been picked?

Black is a forward who has played in the ruck. If we were talking about Talia, the best KPP versus the best KPF would be an interesting discussion.

1 - Scully

2 - Trengove

11 - Butcher if he slides to here. If not then one of Tapscott, Talia, Lucas or whoever else slides

18 - Vardy. If he is gone at this pick then one of Black, Griffiths, Panos,

34 - Fitzpatrick, Gawn, or some other big boy. It's abit of a random pick really in this weak draft, and we may not use it due to list restraints

PSD1 - Ball. If not then Smith or Thorpe?

If we got Scully, Trengove, Butcher, Vardy I would be ecstatic.

2 gun mids, a big FF to compliment Watts at CHF, and a talented developing ruckman to add to our stocks.

Edited by Lord Travis

Whoever is best available in this order (no exceptions):

1 Jack Trengove

2 Tom Scully

3 Dustin Martin

4 Anthony Morabito

5 John Butcher

6 Daniel Talia

7 Jake Melksham

8 Gary Rohan

9 Ben Cunnington

10 Kane Lucas

11 Aaron Black

12 Lewis Jetta

13 Andrew Moore

14 Koby Stevens

15 Ben Griffiths

16 Luke Tapscott

17 Jake Carlisle

18 Troy Taylor

19 Brad Sheppard

1 Jack Trengove

2 Tom Scully

3 Dustin Martin

4 Anthony Morabito

5 John Butcher

6 Daniel Talia

7 Jake Melksham

8 Gary Rohan

9 Ben Cunnington

10 Kane Lucas

11 Aaron Black

12 Lewis Jetta

13 Andrew Moore

14 Koby Stevens

15 Ben Griffiths

16 Luke Tapscott

17 Jake Carlisle

18 Troy Taylor

19 Brad Sheppard

Cunnington is rated far too low.

Likewise Tapscott and Taylor.

But not a bad list.

1 Jack Trengove

2 Tom Scully

3 Dustin Martin

4 Anthony Morabito

5 John Butcher

6 Daniel Talia

7 Jake Melksham

8 Gary Rohan

9 Ben Cunnington

10 Kane Lucas

11 Aaron Black

12 Lewis Jetta

13 Andrew Moore

14 Koby Stevens

15 Ben Griffiths

16 Luke Tapscott

17 Jake Carlisle

18 Troy Taylor

19 Brad Sheppard

Is Melksham rated that high?

AFL website today had an article picking Cunnington and Rohan to fight out for pick 5 (north melbourne) and 6 (sydney)

1 - Scully

2 - Trengove

11 - Butcher if he slides to here. If not then one of Tapscott, Talia, Lucas or whoever else slides

18 - Vardy. If he is gone at this pick then one of Black, Griffiths, Panos,

1. Scully

2. Trengove

11. Butcher, Lucas, Melksham, Tapscott.

18. Whoever's left off Black, Talia,Carlisle, Panos, Griffiths.

Is Melksham rated that high?

AFL website today had an article picking Cunnington and Rohan to fight out for pick 5 (north melbourne) and 6 (sydney)

The list is my opinion.

Overall I think that it is a very weak draft this year and we are lucky to have the first two picks. While I am not entirely convinced Trengrove and Scully will be superstars at AFL level, I think there will be numerous first round picks that end up being duds.

I like the look of Melksham. He wins the ball inside and out and is a good kick. To my way of thinking he is fairly low risk pick compared to others.

The same goes with Talia. I am more confident that he will make a career of it than others in the draft pool.