Brendan Fevola

Disco Demons

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fev will not be going anywhere. I mean who in there right mind is going to give a first round pick and a decent player for a 28 year old with a massive contract. just scare tatics

Fev will not be going anywhere. I mean who in there right mind is going to give a first round pick and a decent player for a 28 year old with a massive contract. just scare tatics

I agree with you Clanger. As desperate that Carlton is to get rid of him (and they really are.... I have sources), they are not about to give him away. They will find it difficult to find a suitor who:

a: wants Fev

b: has the room in their salary cap

c: can offer Carlton something in return for the trade. My source (very high up at Carlton) who initially told me this would happen at the GF (refer earlier post in demonland normal section) tells me they want two first round picks or equivalent (ie first round draft pick and very good player).

I ask which club can fill all boxes?

I think he will stay a blue.

wats difference between cousins and fev...he's had all his issues but is still killing it..

Glad you asked. Cousins stuffed up repeatedly at West Coast and was banned for a year by the AFL for a series of drug and alcohol related incidents. During that year off, he put his head down, got clean, and worked his arse off to get picked up in the PSD despite most of the football world telling him he didn't have a chance and was wasting his time. I'm not trying to make him out to be a hero; he got himself into that situation afterall, but he deserves credit for fighting his way out of it and getting to where he is now. On the other hand, Fevola has had a series of major alcohol related incidents including sexual harassment and drunken assault (and while this statement goes against the arsed-backward yob culture prevalent in all codes of football, the fact is that sexual harassment and violence are a hell of a lot more serious than recreational drug use- Cousins hurt himself, Fevola has hurt other people). He has been given countless "final chances", and has repeatedly promised to turn things around, only to come out a few months later and make a complete dick of himself and everyone who believed in and supported him.

And even at his absolute worst, Cousins was always a great on-field leader with a legendary work-rate. I wasn't keen on Melbourne picking him up last year, but at least there was a genuine argument that even though he wouldn't be around when we're pushing a flag, Cousins' experience and exemplary work ethic would have fast-tracked the development of our young list and he would have a positive cultural impact outlasting his playing days. Fevola is the exact opposite; at his best he is incredible, at his worst he is an absolute liability, giving away ridiculous free kicks and showing little to no interest in chasing and pressuring. Not only will he not be around when we're pushing for a flag, but he's more likely to inhibit than improve our development. The guy is a culture sore on-field and off, and I'm happy but not surprised we're not giving him the time of day.

Not me but I wish I had of thought of it. Nothing like a laugh to start a Friday.

just on 3aw the big possibility of Fev going to magpies...they are waiting confirmation from Eddie !!!!.... we don't want him

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
I swear people queue up to ring SEN with b/s rumors at this time of the year. I know a guy who used to do it every year.

I should ring 'em up and say that I have it from the highest source that if Fev doesn't get traded then Judd will leave and Gibbs will go home to SA. Might put the cat amongst the pigeons.

I should ring 'em up and say that I have it from the highest source that if Fev doesn't get traded then Judd will leave and Gibbs will go home to SA. Might put the cat amongst the pigeons.

And they'll just buy it hook, line and sinker. Especially given that this week is the SEN B-Team. They'll be so desperate for good radio you could tell them anything.

It's ironic that a station who have been playing an ad that says "don't waste time with bogans" for years, allows so many of them on to air their nutbag views.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.