Grimes and Jamar

Roost It

A lot of nervous Nellies barrack for Melbourne. If he had a bad back injury it wouldn't say 'test'.

And if he misses a game or two it's no biggy.

If he is feeling a 'hot spot' or light stiffness/soreness then it is conceivable he could only miss a week or so but given his history I would have thought that any back related issue is serious for young Jack. Back injuries are always lingering and always need to be treated carefully. I damaged my back playing footy 13 years ago in a manner which I think is similar to Grimes and still feel average after a heavy knock or too many hours at the desk.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of nervous Nellies barrack for Melbourne. If he had a bad back injury it wouldn't say 'test'.

And if he misses a game or two it's no biggy.

I agree, the kid has had a pretty big season after a late start due to injury. Smart move to manage him for the rest of the year, we've all seen what he can do, let's make shure he's cherry ripe for next year.

I say bring Watts back to find out what real tough football is all about against the swannies, then he will have a real idea of where he needs to get to for the start of next season

I say bring Watts back to find out what real tough football is all about against the swannies, then he will have a real idea of where he needs to get to for the start of next season

I'd give him the three weeks after the Swans game: all in Melbourne and he might play in A win.

Hopefully he puts in a good effort this week.

I'd give him the three weeks after the Swans game: all in Melbourne and he might play in A win.

Hopefully he puts in a good effort this week.

I see your point, BUT if all those games are against teams "tanking" for better draft positions and he just cruises through and picks up a win somewhere along the road he maybe fooled into this false sense that this game is cruisy, but against the swans he is no chance to have that situation put to him

I see your point, BUT if all those games are against teams "tanking" for better draft positions and he just cruises through and picks up a win somewhere along the road he maybe fooled into this false sense that this game is cruisy, but against the swans he is no chance to have that situation put to him

From my limited encounters with Jack and from what I've seen and heard, this isn't something to worry about.

Nothing wrong with an 18 year old getting a feel of the footy in the big time after a somewhat turbulent year.

Well, well, well. Interesting. I wonder if Jurrah will play this week.:P

Hmmm, surely Davey must have a bit of general soreness by now. Been runnin` all over the place! By the way, anyone else notice he started in the forward line against the cats, where the ball barely made it with that howling wind! I like the way DB is thinkin!

For a us to win a game, no offence to the boys down at the Junction, the other team would have to be awful and/or 'cruising' as WC were and certainly PA were: a great quote from Cometti during the PA game when the TV showed Williams in the box - "There is Mark Williams looking tranquil, and his team looking tranquilised."

The Swans will beat us, or they will 'cruise' and lose...

That rhymed, I didn't mean for that to ryhme...

Hmmm, surely Davey must have a bit of general soreness by now. Been runnin` all over the place! By the way, anyone else notice he started in the forward line against the cats, where the ball barely made it with that howling wind! I like the way DB is thinkin!

Clear as a summers day, the way this club is intending to finish the year

For a us to win a game, no offence to the boys down at the Junction, the other team would have to be awful and/or 'cruising' as WC were and certainly PA were: a great quote from Cometti during the PA game when the TV showed Williams in the box - "There is Mark Williams looking tranquil, and his team looking tranquilised."

The Swans will beat us, or they will 'cruise' and lose...

That rhymed, I didn't mean for that to ryhme...

Freo, Richmond and the kangas are all awful!!

This is what im hoping, both rawlings and crocker will be weanting a win due to there reputation and coaching future.

And as for freo well i got nothin.....lol maybe they will try to break there travel problem.

F$%^.

Flying up to Canberra for the game, would've loved to see my boy in full flight.

And my supercoach is ruined!

I too am going to canberra but I couldn't be happier finally a bit of list management. He is in my supercoach aswell but got Cheney on the bench so I hope he comes in.

Think of the ruck duals PJ V MIKE PIKE hold onto your hats !!!!!

Which is why we should be as young as we can be.

NM at the worst stadium in the world should be able to account for us. IF they are switched on.

Richmond on August 2nd is the biggest game the MFC has played since Freo 2006.

And Freo...

Well we, hopefully, will play a switched on Richmond and NM.

Give Grimey a break for the rest of the year?

He's had a really great crack at the big time and has shone, so if we're still a bit iffy about how his back will hold up (we don't want anything lingering) i'm all for him having an extended off-season, if it means an uninterrupted pre-season.

whats the bet spencer will play instead of PJ

No chance. PJ's dominated the ruck for three weeks now at Casey and will surely come in if Jamar's injured. Spencer played his 1st game back in the VFL ressies just last week. No way they'd risk Spencer, regardless of tanking or not. It's just poor team management.

Grimes is a concern. His back again?

He copped a fairly heavy knock before half time on the weekend from Ablett (or maybe Chapman) in the back pocket and was on all fours for a while, then started the 2nd half on the bench, so I reckon he copped a corky in his back or something and just came up a bit stiff

Edited by the_russian

0674274500.jpg

:D :D :D :D

with aplogies to the Herald...couldnt work out a link to it !!

Give Grimey a break for the rest of the year?

He's had a really great crack at the big time and has shone, so if we're still a bit iffy about how his back will hold up (we don't want anything lingering) i'm all for him having an extended off-season, if it means an uninterrupted pre-season.

If he has one little inkling of a sore back, I want the club to look after him. Put him in cotton wool for the start of the pre-season. This kid is as valuable as any player at the club right now. (well, you can build cases for Jurrah & Watts :lol: ). So if his back is sore - and we know he has had back problems earlier this season - send him to the paddock for a spell.

DO people seriously think spencer will come straight into the side? IT was his first game back for casey 2's on saturday. He is at least 3-4 weeks off. Will only play casey 1s now jamar is out!

Spencer straight in ? No.. but maybe as you say in 2-3 backing up PJ