• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

15th on the ladder

Dappa Dan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's two sides to this yes we could miss out on draft picks should we win a couple more but imagine how sweeter it will be should we win a flag knowing we never lowered our colours and tanked like a Carlton.

Go Dees!

ok.....I have calmed down.

Let be happy that our boys played well. Good on Ricky Petterd and Liam is going to be one hell of a player. Dunn went missing in the second half which was very sad for him.

Cameron Bruce another great game. Looks like he could come close to Aaron Davey in the B & F.

WE NEED PP

May this be our last or second last win for the year. PLEASE

There's two sides to this yes we could miss out on draft picks should we win a couple more but imagine how sweeter it will be should we win a flag knowing we never lowered our colours and tanked like a Carlton.

Go Dees!

I'm happy to just win a flag, we make it even more difficult for ourselves? Every other club who have won a flag in the last 8 years have some sort of special assistance and we're not going to win one without champions.

We are clearly the dumbest team in the league, we showed our stupidity by gifting Carlton Judd and we're rapidly going down the same path this year again.

Yeah... we joke a bit. The biggest news today was the form of Jurrah and Petterd. I knew ALL about Petterd, I don't mind saying, he has always looked classy to me... But Jurrah I didn't know much about. And how about his game?!!!

So yes, we are now in a bit of trouble when t comes to Scully, but let's not forget... we've found a real player this year who we got for next to nothing.

Why did Melbourne win if it was to only win by 11 points??

If we're going to win 2 more games whoops now 1 more game shouldnt we aim to thump a side?

Beating Port was a disgrace, this draft is the only one for sometime that will matter...

I'll never forget watching us beat Carlton in round 22 when they were tanking and even then we struggled to beat them. Tanking got them draft picks. We get nothing out of this season if we win any more games except destroy our chances to pick up some young guns.

I hate to want the team I love to lose but I just cant see any benefit from us winning games this season.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

were been losing for 3seasons, another 6weeks wouldnt hurt, thats why this club hasnt won a flag for 200yrs,you gotta plan for the future.

Yeah... we joke a bit. The biggest news today was the form of Jurrah and Petterd. I knew ALL about Petterd, I don't mind saying, he has always looked classy to me... But Jurrah I didn't know much about. And how about his game?!!!

So yes, we are now in a bit of trouble when t comes to Scully, but let's not forget... we've found a real player this year who we got for next to nothing.

Yes, Jurrah is an absolute gun, but what's the point of having great forwards when your midfield is crap?

We have a chance this year to go along way to fix that problem, but just like 2007 I fear we're too dumb to do the right thing.

How can you actually go out there and lose? We will still get at the very least a Top 3 pick which will still land us a gun midfielder. Didn't help that Port were absolute shite today either, when the other team doesn't show up there isn't much we can do about it.

How can you actually go out there and lose? We will still get at the very least a Top 3 pick which will still land us a gun midfielder. Didn't help that Port were absolute shite today either, when the other team doesn't show up there isn't much we can do about it.

The Coach

Dunn went missing in the second half which was very sad for him.

he was down back quite a bit, playing on Chad Cornes when he went forward... did a good job, and showed he can play pretty much anywhere on the field... I do like him best playing in the middle, winning his own ball like he did in the first half, while resting in the forward line...

If we beat Freo and Richmond (which is highly likely as it seems that the club has stopped developing for the future and going for junk time wins) then it's conceivable that we'll finish above both of them. Then there's the Eagles, if they're smart (also highly likely) they'll finish with a pp pick. So we could end up with pick 5 or 6 and miss out on all the top talent.

Why Dunn doesnt get a start every game makes me think the coach has it out for him.

Dunn is a gun key position forward and the sooner they play him centre-half forward the better.

Surely this game spells the demise of D.Bell?

he was down back quite a bit, playing on Chad Cornes when he went forward... did a good job, and showed he can play pretty much anywhere on the field... I do like him best playing in the middle, winning his own ball like he did in the first half, while resting in the forward line...

4 touches in the second half I think. Not great.

First half was great.

I feel as though we tried not to win. Port had so many opportunities in the last quarter and they stuffed them all up. Jurrah spent pretty much an entire quarter sitting on the bench and then bloody Petterd kept slotting them!

If we beat Freo and Richmond (which is highly likely as it seems that the club has stopped developing for the future and going for junk time wins) then it's conceivable that we'll finish above both of them. Then there's the Eagles, if they're smart (also highly likely) they'll finish with a pp pick. So we could end up with pick 5 or 6 and miss out on all the top talent.

Let's not get completely ahead of ourselves here. That is the very WORST case scenario and we are still no certainties to win anymore games for the year, although Freo are rubbish and you would think that we wouldn't have any problems there, but we are not cert to beat any other team.

Alot of IF's at the moment.

2 more wins will not only see us lose the pp but we could end up with with pick 5 the way north wc and richmond are going. At least next year ill save money not buying a membership.

Good, we don't need people like you supporting our club.

WE NEED PP

I hate to want the team I love to lose but I just cant see any benefit from us winning games this season.

were been losing for 3seasons, another 6weeks wouldnt hurt, thats why this club hasnt won a flag for 200yrs,you gotta plan for the future.

Have to agree with all points here. It will be pointless if we win 5 or 6 games this year. Not only pointless but stupid.

It's not so much the 2 picks that i want, i want Scully as he is by far the best prospect in this years draft.

We stuffed up against the blues in 2007 and we better bloody not stuff up our situation again.

Let's not get completely ahead of ourselves here. That is the very WORST case scenario and we are still no certainties to win anymore games for the year, although Freo are rubbish and you would think that we wouldn't have any problems there, but we are not cert to beat any other team.

Alot of IF's at the moment.

Agree, alot of ifs, but this win has made all those ifs much more of a certainty.

Any smart club in our position would have already sent any players with niggling injuries to surgery. They would have played guys like Valenti, Newton, Cheney, Bennell, PJ and Hughes more often to find out whether to keep them or not and to develop the team for the future.

Collingwood did it when they had the chance, Hawthorn was the text book example and Carlton turned it into an artform. All of these clubs will probably play finals this year.

Melbourne, on the other hand, are as far away from a premiership as we've been in the last 40 odd years. We are such a dumb club.

I think Bailey and Co did what they could to make sure we didn't give ourselves the best chance to win.

For example Davey deep forward instead of setting up the play, Grimes deep in defence instead of setting up the play. Took Jurrah off at key moments, same with Jamar.

At the end of the day, our bloody players decided to pull a victory out of their arse and Port were absolutely pathetic, particularly in the first quarter. They were unaccountable and loose and our players capitalised.

I hate feeling annoyed when we've just won two games in a row, but seriously this is a very costly victory. I can't see us not winning another two when we still play Freo, Richmond and North.

A big big tanking effort is required now, and I hope we've got the balls to do it.

To miss out on PP and especially to miss out on Scully, will be a disaster!

We will end up with pick 3 I reckon.

No Tom Scully at the Demons, I reckon he will end up at Freo who will get pick 1.