THE POWER TO WIN (not really)

Demonland

I blame the AFL... completely.

I think we'll win this.

We have another 7 matches and can't win more than 1 if we want Scully. Freo and Richmond among them. And don't forget Swans at a neutral ground, North who aren't blowing anyone away.

The Saints should get us, you'd assume the Cats would get back the players who make them great next week. The Blues will have ladder position to play for.

Would have been nice to have Scully, but right now, I think we're going to get too many premiership points.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the AFL... completely.

I think we'll win this.

We have another 7 matches and can't win more than 1 if we want Scully. Freo and Richmond among them. And don't forget Swans at a neutral ground, North who aren't blowing anyone away.

The Saints should get us, you'd assume the Cats would get back the players who make them great next week. The Blues will have ladder position to play for.

Would have been nice to have Scully, but right now, I think we're going to get too many premiership points.

If we don't get anything to show for this crap season i'm going to spit the dummy.

all of you idiots who just wanted to beat collingwood, just wanted to beat richmond, just wanted to beat west coast are all biting their tongues. we have officially screwed up our development for the next 10 years

with gold coast coming in, then west sydney. we have missed out on a potential star player. We are too stupid to even tank a useless game. Beating the bulldogs cost us in getting naitanui and now beating port has stopped us from getting scully as well as another player. ffs!

This performance was a disgrace, havent we learned our lesson from beating Carlton and giving them priority picks???

How many members is beating Port going to get us next season?

We've been shocking for a long time and continue to not get draft picks for winning too many so let's lose the rest of the games and beat the Saints in round 22!

Nice work by LJ and Ricky and good to see Dunn back in the side.

God damn. No wonder our fans are a laughing stock.

Screw up our developement? We have had 6 Top 20 picks in two years which we will add too at the end of the year with 2, possibly three more. 8 picks in the Top 20 in 3 years should be MORE than enough. We can still add Garland, Watts, Blease, Strauss, Maric, Aussie etc. etc. too the current 22 out there playing, not to mention further development in a host of other players.

I feel sick to hear fans whinge when we lost and cry foul that it's screwed our development. It hasn't in the slightest.

Wise we have picked rather poorly for decades so even when we did get draft picks we got duds...

I cant see how any melbourne supporter can think that winning today is going to benefit the club.

How is winning by 11 points in front of barely 15000 going to help the club?

Also how many times have we had crap seasons to only win enough games and miss out on draft picks!

If we win 5 games this season the entire coaching staff should be sacked, havent we learned anything from 2007??? I pray we have because winning any more games this season until our 30 point win over the Saints in R22 will be anything short of a disgrace.

Wise we have picked rather poorly for decades so even when we did get draft picks we got duds...

I cant see how any melbourne supporter can think that winning today is going to benefit the club.

How is winning by 11 points in front of barely 15000 going to help the club?

Also how many times have we had crap seasons to only win enough games and miss out on draft picks!

If we win 5 games this season the entire coaching staff should be sacked, havent we learned anything from 2007??? I pray we have because winning any more games this season until our 30 point win over the Saints in R22 will be anything short of a disgrace.

How is learning how to win games not of any benefit to our club? If we keep losing... and losing... and losing... it sinks deep into the club and into the players. While I understand the importance of getting more picks , I still think winning games and understanding how to do so is just as important.

We haven't, however, lost any picks in the draft and as it stands now we would still have Pick #1.

How is learning how to win games not of any benefit to our club? If we keep losing... and losing... and losing... it sinks deep into the club and into the players. While I understand the importance of getting more picks , I still think winning games and understanding how to do so is just as important.

We haven't, however, lost any picks in the draft and as it stands now we would still have Pick #1.

The other recent example of Melbourne beng dumb was in 2007 with junk wins against the bulldogs and Carlton. So if we take your argument that these types of wins are important for the club to learn the right attitude then how do you explain such the next two disastrous years?

The answer is that these wins in isolation are meaningless without a list capable of playing consistent great footy. We're currently not in that position, we're as far away from the top 8 that we've ever been. We lack leadership, depth and elite talent. Sure two top three picks aren't going to automatically turn us into a premiership team, but it woudl bloody help.

Also just heard that the crowd today was just 15k. If this continues over the next couple of years then we're screwed. Forget trying to get into the finals, we won't survive. We need to get as much elite talent into our list as quickly as possible

They learnt nothing today, a win against No opposition. there's nothing to take from this.

We will get pick 2 or 3 only.

Freo a guarantee to finish bottom.

Our only hope to get Scully is if Freo dont take him at pick 1 cos of the 'go home' factor.

I feel sick to hear fans whinge when we lost and cry foul that it's screwed our development. It hasn't in the slightest.

Well. Yes. At the VERY least it's hurt us in "the slightest." Getting pick 2-5 INSTEAD of pick 1 will hurt us a bit surely?

You make a good point about the fact we've had a number of good draft picks over the last 3 seasons... the problem is, none of them have stepped up and shown us they'll be any good. It's not the picks but the PLAYERS. And one thing's for certain we need about 4 good midfielders... stat. Not draft picks.

Our only hope to get Scully is if Freo dont take him at pick 1 cos of the 'go home' factor.

It makes me feel sick, but I think you're right. The only hope is if Freo get angry and decide that they have to win back a bit of pride by trying to snatch one or two before the end of the season by playing Pav and his mates. Surely even they can't lose like that for 8 weeks in a row? Harvey would ACTUALLY be lynched.

Freo are a chance to beat West Coast and Port at Subiaco.

I want pick 1, I couldnt give a stuff if we get pick 2 or 3 as well to go with it.

Scully is the prize.

So even if we win 5 games, we can still get Scully as long as we finish bottom.

Just means we get no PP.

Edited by Yze_Magic

The issue here is not whether Freo finish last, because they CANNOT get a priority pick before the first round. If they finish with less than 5 wins they will get pick 17 as a priority pick.

The issue is that we need to win no more than 4 and finish below West Coast. Percentage wise, the gap between us and West Coast, plus the fact that we still play Geelong and the Saints, means we'll probably finish below them, but only if we don't win more than one game for the remainder of the year.

Finishing 15th with 4 wins still gets us pick 1 plus 3. I'd be happy with that result. Just as long as we get pick 1.

As we speak, the Saints lead West Coast by just 5 points in the third quarter. I will be crossing fingers and toes that perhaps they can pull the greatest upset ever. COME ON WEST COAST!!!

The issue here is not whether Freo finish last, because they CANNOT get a priority pick before the first round. If they finish with less than 5 wins they will get pick 17 as a priority pick.

The issue is that we need to win no more than 4 and finish below West Coast. Percentage wise, the gap between us and West Coast, plus the fact that we still play Geelong and the Saints, means we'll probably finish below them, but only if we don't win more than one game for the remainder of the year.

Finishing 15th with 4 wins still gets us pick 1 plus 3. I'd be happy with that result. Just as long as we get pick 1.

As we speak, the Saints lead West Coast by just 5 points in the third quarter. I will be crossing fingers and toes that perhaps they can pull the greatest upset ever. COME ON WEST COAST!!!

I think the odds of Fremantle finishing below us and the MFC claiming for more than 4 wins is unlikely.

We'll get one of the other and end up with Scully.

You better turn up PA...

...they didn't.

And because they didn't we get an artificial win against a middling side that will mean 5 wins and no PP.

I don't blame the coaching staff; we are as young as possible - only Watts and Cheney are fit kids that could have made us younger.

Who knew that PA would be so pathetic that two 20 year olds (one from a non-football state, and the other from a non-english speaking community) would kick 8 between them and win us the game?

Who knew that PA would be so pathetic that two 20 year olds (one from a non-football state, and the other from a non-english speaking community) would kick 8 between them and win us the game?

I agree with everything else you say and a good prediction you made.

Though I would say that the bolded section here is not relevant.

I agree with everything else you say and a good prediction you made.

Though I would say that the bolded section here is not relevant.

I was thinking about the 'brackets' and whether it might be misinterpreted.

Didn't mean it as a slight, more of an aside.

But it still pathetic for a side like PA to let two 20 year olds get 8 goals.