Music Interests

Binmans PA

Kreator are touring in September, the week before is Cannibal Corpse, which sucks cos I'd like to see them but will not be able to afford both so Kreator win!

Slayer and Megadeth are touring together in October, which while it would be good I'm sure it would cost a fortune!

• 2 weeks later...
To quote Cannonball Adderley - "Hipness isn't a state of mind, it's a fact of life"!

How about Miles, Ornette Coleman, Albert Ayler, Art Ensemble of Chicago and all the other music groups formed from within the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians.

(if you're not hip enough to know 'em - look 'em up and learn something) :lol:

So yr a free-jazz hound huh?

I tried listening to John Coltrane's 'Ascension' a while ago but it gave me a migrane... :wacko:

I like Ornette Coleman's 'Shape of Jazz to Come', and Charles Tyler Ensemble's 'Eastern Man Alone', some Sun Ra, but really, i just don't get it...

Captain Beefheart's about as far as I wanna get into free-jazz. I guess i'm just not that hip :P

Edited by Scully The Tank Engine

Dead Kennedy's were a early 80's punk band from USA. Not every ones cup of tea but a good band.

Great Band. I love their 1st 2 albums. Biafra's intelligent & hilarious...

He would be just 'slightly' out of place in the 'alternative rock scene' of today, where people don't really seem to give a damn about how they earn their greenback, or who's interests they are really serving. He's much too savage for that scene, but the music certainly is more dynamic than a lot of hardcore punk imo. They shoulda been bigger than those Green Day [censored] though.... :lol:

Does anyonelse like Sophie Tucker btw??? :unsure:

Hahaha.. that they did.. which sucks a little bit. But they'll be back for soundwave.

SPEAKING of AFI... Oh god. What a return to form. I was lucky enough to hear a preview of the new cd. It's so great..

Is anyone a Brand New fan? be prepared.. they managed to top TDAGARIM.

Hahaha.. that they did.. which sucks a little bit. But they'll be back for soundwave.

SPEAKING of AFI... Oh god. What a return to form. I was lucky enough to hear a preview of the new cd. It's so great..

Is anyone a Brand New fan? be prepared.. they managed to top TDAGARIM.

hahaha I was waiting to see how long it took before I got a response from the AFI named poster. Kudos.

Yea I prefer the side shows to the festivals. I'd rather see bands I want to see than a bunch I don't to sift through the 3 or 4 I've come to see. They mentioned they will be doing a side show so keen for that.

Speaking of Soundwave.... not much to get excited about from the few bands named so far... Paramore the latest.. sigh.

It's not official at the moment, but I got a text from my manager on Friday night. He got a call from a friend of his at a record label with some BIG news about three Soundwave bands.

Meshugga

Machine Head

Faith No More

I read the text during my shift.. and.. well.. couldn't get any work done that night. It's be epic! :P

The full lineup should be out on Friday morning.

I'm off to see Kreator in September, should be awesome!

Cannibal Corpse play the week before but I can't afford to go to both :(

Spermbirds are here in october which is going to be uber awesome!

Scully DK would never get popular out side the old school punk/skater scene really, like the exploited, they are possible two of the biggest punk bands within the scene, especially when people first get into punk.

The full Soundwave lineup comes out at midnight.... I'm so excited.

Did anyone catch the review of the the new AFI cd on bombshellzine? It was the first published review in the world.. written by yours truly ;)

This is a fairly epic lineup...

FAITH NO MORE

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

JANES ADDICTION | AFI | PARAMORE | HIM | ALEXISONFIRE | TAKING BACK SUNDAY | TRIVIUM | SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE | EAGLES OF DEATH METAL | THE GET UP KIDS | ANTI FLAG | REEL BIG FISH | MESHUGGAH | ALL TIME LOW | A DAY TO REMEMBER | IT DIES TODAY | ESCAPE THE FATE | CLUTCH | ISIS | GALLOWS | A WILHELM SCREAM | THE WEAKERTHANS | EMAROSA | ANVIL | THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA | COMEBACK KID | DANCE GAVIN DANCE | FOUR YEAR STRONG | YOU ME AT SIX | WHITECHAPEL | THE AQUABATS | ROLO TOMASSI | BARONESS | RX BANDITS | THE ALMOST | MAXIMUM THE HORMONE | THE CREEPSHOW

VENUES AND DATES

FEBRUARY/MARCH 2010

SATURDAY 20 BRISBANE, RNA SHOWGROUNDS

SUNDAY 21 SYDNEY, EASTERN CREEK RACEWAY

FRIDAY 26 MELBOURNE, SHOWGROUNDS

SATURDAY 27 ADELAIDE, BONYTHON PARK

MONDAY 1 PERTH, STEEL BLUE OVAL

I'll be heading to all AFI sideshows around Australia.

Well well well, that looks a lot better!

Highlighted bands I'm going to see (I bet they all play at the same time)

FAITH NO MORE

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

JANES ADDICTION | AFI | PARAMORE | HIM | ALEXISONFIRE | TAKING BACK SUNDAY | TRIVIUM | SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE | EAGLES OF DEATH METAL | THE GET UP KIDS | ANTI FLAG | REEL BIG FISH | MESHUGGAH | ALL TIME LOW | A DAY TO REMEMBER | IT DIES TODAY | ESCAPE THE FATE | CLUTCH | ISIS | GALLOWS | A WILHELM SCREAM | THE WEAKERTHANS | EMAROSA | ANVIL | THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA | COMEBACK KID | DANCE GAVIN DANCE | FOUR YEAR STRONG | YOU ME AT SIX | WHITECHAPEL | THE AQUABATS | ROLO TOMASSI | BARONESS | RX BANDITS | THE ALMOST | MAXIMUM THE HORMONE | THE CREEPSHOW

It's a Friday too... wicked!

I Hear Black Eyed Peas and Greenday are coming to tour Oct/Nov. Anyone know when the tickets are on sale!!!?

Something tells me they would have already gone on sale-probably missed the boat

Edited by Grimes to Watts

This is a fairly epic lineup...

FAITH NO MORE

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

VENUES AND DATES

FEBRUARY/MARCH 2010

SATURDAY 20 BRISBANE, RNA SHOWGROUNDS

SUNDAY 21 SYDNEY, EASTERN CREEK RACEWAY

FRIDAY 26 MELBOURNE, SHOWGROUNDS

SATURDAY 27 ADELAIDE, BONYTHON PARK

MONDAY 1 PERTH, STEEL BLUE OVAL

I'll be heading to all AFI sideshows around Australia.

maaad i didnt kno this haha

i heard from a mate bullet for my valentine was also playin?

I’ve been given the most amazing opportunities over the past few weeks.. all culminating in interviews with The Used’s guitarist Quinn Allman, and my ALL TIME IDOL, Davey Havok of AFI fame tomorrow night. Hopefully this opens a few doors for me.

Thanks.. That was the most exciting phone call of my entire life. He has to be the most genuine person in the music industry... The interview will be up on bombshell next week hopefully. I kept my cool for most of the interview.. but gushed a little bit towards the end. Ha. Ah well.

• 5 weeks later...

Well saw Kreator the other night and they were awesome, Got tix to see Amon Amarth and now Opeth have announced a tour!!!! Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Pity Amon Amarth will play the Billboard and the stage is so small that they can't fir the front of the long boat on stage :(

let along the mock battles through out the gig :)

• 3 weeks later...