The John Meesen Appreciation Thread

Yencks

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
stupid statement

1) jolly wanted to go. he wanted to be number 1. he was streets behind white at that stage.

2) jamar was raw and young and overtook him in the last part of jolly's last season when white was out (cant remember what year it was). at the time he had more upside. jolly looked soft. that was vindicated in the 2006 GF.

3) sydney wouldn't have given a 1st round draft pick for jamar.

that is what really irritates me about "oh we should have kept 'person x' " posts or "imagine what we'd be like with X,Y,Z". if they wanted to leave then what the hell can the club do. apart form making sure that they cash in at the trade table.

as for the topic at hand, i'm glad he's getting a run. i want to know what he is made of and if at the end of the year we should be wasting printer ink for a new contract or not.

the challenge is yours Meesen. show us what you've got and whether we should renew your contract at seasons end.

the challenge is yours Meesen, now thats a stupid statement, do you think there going to renew Meesens contract, what club do you watch everyweek, meesons played 0 games out of a possible 25,streets behind white< he was a flag winning ruckmen in 3 seasons why he was a top ruckmen.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
stupid statement

1) jolly wanted to go. he wanted to be number 1. he was streets behind white at that stage.

2) jamar was raw and young and overtook him in the last part of jolly's last season when white was out (cant remember what year it was). at the time he had more upside. jolly looked soft. that was vindicated in the 2006 GF.

3) sydney wouldn't have given a 1st round draft pick for jamar.

that is what really irritates me about "oh we should have kept 'person x' " posts or "imagine what we'd be like with X,Y,Z". if they wanted to leave then what the hell can the club do. apart form making sure that they cash in at the trade table.

as for the topic at hand, i'm glad he's getting a run. i want to know what he is made of and if at the end of the year we should be wasting printer ink for a new contract or not.

the challenge is yours Meesen. show us what you've got and whether we should renew your contract at seasons end.

jolly looked soft in the 2006 GF ,is that the year he won a premeirship medal,jeff white would give his left NUT for that. :lol:

the challenge is yours Meesen, now thats a stupid statement, do you think there going to renew Meesens contract, what club do you watch everyweek, meesons played 0 games out of a possible 25,streets behind white< he was a flag winning ruckmen in 3 seasons why he was a top ruckmen.

huh?

they need to know what he is going to offer before they decide. how can you make an informed decision without knowing what he can do? at this point he isn't going to get an offer but lets see what he can do in the seniors. the likelihood of it being rubbish is high, but we haven't got anything to lose. so far this year opposition ruckmen have got 6 browlow votes. we need to know who/what is deadwood. no better way of finding out than challening him. and fwiw bailey has said that he carried an ankle for the second half of last season, so he was never a realistic probability of playing.

i dont understand what point you're making re jolly. jolly didn't win them a flag. ball did. jolly was on the pine in the last quarter. sydney were a better team than us, with the best clearance and first dibs midfielders in the league. jolly wouldnt have won us a flag. we had more fundamental problems than ruckmen, hence the position we are in now.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
huh?

they need to know what he is going to offer before they decide. how can you make an informed decision without knowing what he can do? at this point he isn't going to get an offer but lets see what he can do in the seniors. the likelihood of it being rubbish is high, but we haven't got anything to lose. so far this year opposition ruckmen have got 6 browlow votes. we need to know who/what is deadwood. no better way of finding out than challening him. and fwiw bailey has said that he carried an ankle for the second half of last season, so he was never a realistic probability of playing.

i dont understand what point you're making re jolly. jolly didn't win them a flag. ball did. jolly was on the pine in the last quarter. sydney were a better team than us, with the best clearance and first dibs midfielders in the league. jolly wouldnt have won us a flag. we had more fundamental problems than ruckmen, hence the position we are in now.

sydneys midfielders were hard working grinders,jolly was part of that, meeson isnt going to offer anything, if you think otherwise maybe you should have watched some sandy games last season,jolly wouldnt win us a flag, thats a stupid comment, hes in the best 3 ruckmen in the COMP.

sydneys midfielders were hard working grinders,jolly was part of that,

jolly was a second string ruckmen at best. when the heat was on, Ball was who roos turned to. roos was so concerned about jolly that he even traded for everitt. now if he was such a superstar why would he have done that?

meeson isnt going to offer anything, if you think otherwise maybe you should have watched some sandy games last season,

well lets find out for sure. if he doesn't jack all then get rid of him, but no point wondering. as a i said before we have nothing to lose. personally i dont think he'll be around next year.

jolly wouldnt win us a flag, thats a stupid comment, hes in the best 3 ruckmen in the COMP.

are you actually saying jolly is the difference between us and a flag? there goes your credibility.

and he wasn't in the best 3 in the league WHEN we traded him and when HE WANTED TO GO

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

jolly was a second string ruckmen at best. when the heat was on, Ball was who roos turned to. roos was so concerned about jolly that he even traded for everitt. now if he was such a superstar why would he have done that?

well lets find out for sure. if he doesn't jack all then get rid of him, but no point wondering. as a i said before we have nothing to lose. personally i dont think he'll be around next year.

are you actually saying jolly is the difference between us and a flag? there goes your credibility.

and he wasn't in the best 3 in the league WHEN we traded him and when HE WANTED TO GO

[/quote im not saying hed win us a flag, from iv seen hes been a top ruckmen for sydney, jamars not fit to tie his bootlaces, so when the heats on are you saying jollys a second string , daniher and co obvioulsy couldnt see something THAT OTHER PEOPLE COULD.

what are our thoughts?

thought he did fairlly well in the hit outs. got 8 disposals (one kick - seven handballs)

87% efficiency

Certainly desreves a spot in the 22 ahead of PJ at the moment, sadly! He can hold his head up after todays effort.

i would give any guy a go but Meeson is 23 this year, i dint think he would have done better in our first two games, he was pick No8 to Adelaide, and they let him go. The moose no needs to be looking to control a game, yes he had few disposals, brogan killed him and ran off him all day.

Meesen's effort yesterday was a pleasant surprise to me. Far exceeded my expectations. Which says a lot because he really got beaten around the ground by Brogan and Lade. But he should retain his spot for next week. PJ was awful (again) and should be dropped for Spencer.

Just a question.....have you seen Meesen play??

Meesen I am afraid, if played in the ruck, is going to receive the type of toweling, that will be spoken about for generations to come...

I would like to congratulate John Meesen, in some what proving me wrong.

Thought he actually had a pretty good fame considering his VFL form.

8 disposals, 3 effective tackles, 80% effectiveness (or something) and a couple of good smothers. He has warranted another call up IMO.

Meesen's effort yesterday was a pleasant surprise to me. Far exceeded my expectations. Which says a lot because he really got beaten around the ground by Brogan and Lade. But he should retain his spot for next week. PJ was awful (again) and should be dropped for Spencer.

Why cant we play both Meesen and Spencer and use Johnson as a forward target???

I would like to congratulate John Meesen, in some what proving me wrong.

Thought he actually had a pretty good fame considering his VFL form.

8 disposals, 3 effective tackles, 80% effectiveness (or something) and a couple of good smothers. He has warranted another call up IMO.

Why cant we play both Meesen and Spencer and use Johnson as a forward target???

Including 22 hitouts. More than his opponent Brogan who got 21.

Including 22 hitouts. More than his opponent Brogan who got 21.

More than Brogan or Lade. PJ only had 10, and he has only had 18 in the past two games. Meeson should definitley by in the starting 18 next week, named as ruckman.

Lynden Dunn also got a hitout according to the AFL website.

More than Brogan or Lade. PJ only had 10, and he has only had 18 in the past two games. Meeson should definitley by in the starting 18 next week, named as ruckman.

Lynden Dunn also got a hitout according to the AFL website.

1 More hitout than Brogan, because in most of the ruck contests it was Meeson vs Brogan and it was the occasionly Johnson vs Lade. He was competitive.

Yeah definitely agree that he should be in this week as starting ruckman. Looked a lot better than Spencer as a first-game performance (for us). Give him a run of half-a-dozen if he performs at the same level this week. Couldn't turn out to be worse than what we've got already, surely!

I think it a good idea to leave Meeson and Johnson in but bring in Spencer aswell and leave PJ as a forward.

I also think this could be a worthy idea to try against the tigers,.

I was very very happy with Meesons first game, he timed his jumps great, tapped to advantage on most. Seems to be very very athletic in terms of vertical leap.

I also think this could be a worthy idea to try against the tigers,.

I was very very happy with Meesons first game, he timed his jumps great, tapped to advantage on most. Seems to be very very athletic in terms of vertical leap.

why?? spencer seriously has A LOT to learn. Everyone loves him because he's "tough" but he can't kick and his performance in the hitouts wasnt as good as meesens. The reason there is a reserves side is to develop these players. He is more likely to get more of the ball down at Casey and hence gain more confidince in his skills, especially kicking.

He does not give an increases chance of winning when he plays in the ones, so I think if Meesen is up to the challenge, leave him there.

We only have Spencer for 5 more weeks this season, we may as well see as much of him in the top level as possible before letting him develop at Casey

Garland on the LTI for some time????

We can then take Spencer onto the main list anyway at mid year.