We must not become like Fremantle

Demon trucker

I went to The pub to watch that game and i knew we where going to lose it in the last qtr. Now i was very upset, and i would like every other member to also be very upset with that game. Now the people at the pub say why are you mad its only the nab cup, you almost beat last years premieres,you've got to be happy with that. That made me even more mad then the loose, i dont want to hear that from our members,that's a fremantle attitude there members clap t their team when they were 32 up at 3/4 time saying i don't mind losing to last years premiers we almost beat them. HAY HAY staff that ,I don't we want to be like fremantle where almost iS good a enough!!!!!! HELL NO> IT was not only a NAB cup game, we have no mX sponsor and if the club was close to signing up one they where close to one at 3/4 time but that sponsor went very cold at the end of the game.

Cool your jets, Vince.

I was angry at first. Probably the most livid I've been in sometime. But at the end of the day, its time to move on.

And to be brutally honest, I'd probably be much more upset if it was a real Premeirship Season game, or a final.

Although, like yourself, I don't think that 'almost' is good enough, I'm not about to concede that the Demons gave up the ghost. I think Hawthorn finally woke up to the fact that they were losing to last years wooden spooners.

Gippy.

Strangely enough a few of our current key personnel were at Freo recently. Cameron Schwab as CEO turned the club around from a financial basket case to a profitable business and Chris Connolly got them from wooden spooners into the finals for the first time and then in 2006 to a prelim final.

Would anyone have a problem with that in the near future?

Strangely enough a few of our current key personnel were at Freo recently. Cameron Schwab as CEO turned the club around from a financial basket case to a profitable business and Chris Connolly got them from wooden spooners into the finals for the first time and then in 2006 to a prelim final.

Good Post! Lets hope history repeats but make it a GF rather then PF.

THAT would be great, but you don't get it, what i am saying is last year after freo lost to geelong after leading by over30 pts, is that there supporters, Gave there players a standing ovation for just losing against the last year premiers they went on to lose 7 games after leading by good margins at 3/4 time, and what fremantle plays 2 finals people start saying there the real deal, now they are in worst position then we are at. again the attitude near enough is goos enough

I went to The pub to watch that game and i knew we where going to lose it in the last qtr. Now i was very upset, and i would like every other member to also be very upset with that game. Now the people at the pub say why are you mad its only the nab cup, you almost beat last years premieres,you've got to be happy with that. That made me even more mad then the loose, i dont want to hear that from our members,that's a fremantle attitude there members clap t their team when they were 32 up at 3/4 time saying i don't mind losing to last years premiers we almost beat them. HAY HAY staff that ,I don't we want to be like fremantle where almost iS good a enough!!!!!! HELL NO> IT was not only a NAB cup game, we have no mX sponsor and if the club was close to signing up one they where close to one at 3/4 time but that sponsor went very cold at the end of the game.

STOP YOUR WHINGING.... and start supporting the Mighty Dees. I'm sick of all this negativity after the game. I went to Tassie and believe me there was a great buzz . Yeah we got beaten in the last quarter, but big improvements to last year.

Be proud Be passionate and GO DEES

I overheard Connels talking up Freo the other day.

He reckons they are a lot better than they performed last year. THought Pavlich is the best forward in the game, and that Farmer was a fantastic player, but had to get out of the club to reach that potential.

I overheard Connels talking up Freo the other day.

He reckons they are a lot better than they performed last year. THought Pavlich is the best forward in the game, and that Farmer was a fantastic player, but had to get out of the club to reach that potential.

farmer has potential i would of thought at 30 plas years of age if you haven't reached your potential then you never will, framer is over yesterdays news. i am going to say lucky bails got the job and not chirs because we would never win a premership under chris, and if pavlich has to leave the club to reach his potential then what does that say about freo, on field not how good off field they are thats easy in a two team town to be in the black , we have to fight 9 other clubs for sponsorship, and members

farmer has potential i would of thought at 30 plas years of age if you haven't reached your potential then you never will, framer is over yesterdays news. i am going to say lucky bails got the job and not chirs because we would never win a premership under chris, and if pavlich has to leave the club to reach his potential then what does that say about freo, on field not how good off field they are thats easy in a two team town to be in the black , we have to fight 9 other clubs for sponsorship, and members

He didn't say that Pavlich should leave, he said farmer should have left, I agree that farmer is old news but I just found it interesting how much he rates/rated some of his old players.

As it happens, I agree with him, Pavlich IMHO is the best forward in the game, Farmer would have been a much better player had he Left Freo, in fact leaving Perth probably would have been the key to a much less maligned career.

I also think Connels was a decent coach, his record was commendable, my criticism of him would centre around his lack of a "hard line". In fact I imagine that had Freo developed a strong leadership group they may have seen more success. Instead they fire the coach, hire a new one with a "hard line" but with little else to speak of and then bomb out.

Ime right there with ya Vince. The "almost Good Enough" attitude must stop. If we are ever going to be a top side then Saturday's performance be it NAB CUP or Deep in September should be completely unacceptable. 33 points up the Senior players should have shown the way. Not mentally tough enough for 100 minutes.

The players are well paid to finish 16th. I wish the incentive contract could be used more.

4 times 20 is 80 mate

I always thought it was 20 plus Time on.. Before that it was 25 plus time on whereby the clock kept runnig during a boundry throw in. The game has always been longer than 80 minutes. Originally it went for days!!!

including time on - siren to siren - the average quarter must be close to 30 minutes, which is how long the players need to remain concentrating. 4 x 30 = you do the math

Whatever i don't want to spend the rest of my life argueing the point on the time clock. The problem is no melbourne side has ever consistently buried sides, even with Northey we often built up a lead & then withstood the storm. We have been a Brittle Club for a long time & this needs to be addressed (Now)! Saturday was that Perfect Example.

Whatever i don't want to spend the rest of my life argueing the point on the time clock. The problem is no melbourne side has ever consistently buried sides, even with Northey we often built up a lead & then withstood the storm. We have been a Brittle Club for a long time & this needs to be addressed (Now)! Saturday was that Perfect Example.

Hey here's an idea - Why don't we try to become RUTHLESS! That'll fix things.

In 2008 Melbourne were arguably the worst team since Fitzroy. Geelong were arguably the best since Brisbane, and Hawthorn beat them in the Grand Final. Yes, it's hugely dissapointing that we lost considering where we were at 3-quarter time and what we had to gain by winning, but our mentally fragile kids were playing against a team who are full of confidence. We have 3 more practice games, where we must get at least one win, before we take on the Kangaroos at home (who never looked like beating Carlton). We've got a few weeks to go before should start crucifying the team.

In 2008 Melbourne were arguably the worst team since Fitzroy. Geelong were arguably the best since Brisbane, and Hawthorn beat them in the Grand Final. Yes, it's hugely dissapointing that we lost considering where we were at 3-quarter time and what we had to gain by winning, but our mentally fragile kids were playing against a team who are full of confidence. We have 3 more practice games, where we must get at least one win, before we take on the Kangaroos at home (who never looked like beating Carlton). We've got a few weeks to go before should start crucifying the team.

I am Not Crucifying the Team. A few of our senior players have got to become senior players that's all i want. The Young Kids deserve that surety. Hawthorn were playing half a side & we still let them kick six in a row. That's what worries me. i have seen it before through many coaches & Era's.

I am Not Crucifying the Team. A few of our senior players have got to become senior players that's all i want. The Young Kids deserve that surety. Hawthorn were playing half a side & we still let them kick six in a row. That's what worries me. i have seen it before through many coaches & Era's.

i still think you're greatly underestimating the hawks and the gap that divides us.

i still think you're greatly underestimating the hawks and the gap that divides us.

Maybe i am But i still say Everyone at Melbourne has been a bit too Nice over the years. and always had excuses. Remember in '96 we played the Hawks for "Merger Rights" They Kicked on to where they were in the 70' & 80's. The MFC has quietly gone backwards since Gutnick left.

I am just sick of it. Excuses don't cut it anymore...