THE GAME - PS1

Whispering_Jack

:lol::lol:

Watching Newton is like watching a car accident... it's so bad, but you can't look away.

Loved how the commentators called him "exciting". One good mark does not exciting make!

Is it wrong to be happy that Junior is out and Bail is in? :huh:

To be fair to Newton he has had no opportunities... but then you wonder if it is due to him not making those opportunities come.

Pretty solid first half, the umpires are reminding me why i have a love / hate relationship with aussie rules. Just a very poor quality overall.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol:

Watching Newton is like watching a car accident... it's so bad, but you can't look away.

Loved how the commentators called him "exciting". One good mark does not exciting make!

Is it wrong to be happy that Junior is out and Bail is in? :huh:

yes there are others i'd wish out before Junior.

Been listening on SEN, sounded a gutsy effort by Pettard, who saw it?

I'm satisfied with our first half for the year. How many are injured??

Wona, Hammy, Junior Corky and Bruce was holding his arm, but stayed on. Petterd absolute class. Can find the ball and is as brave as they come. Ditto Wheels.

Bater playing out of the square along with Newton. I've been dark on Juice for awhile, but a lot more committed today. Strong wind favouring our end of the ground for the third quarter, but we're still giving too many hospital handpasses and not holding our marks. Otherwise a reasonable first half.

Young was reported for "tunnelling" if he was playing basketball he'd not be playing for a fair while. It'll only take one player to fracture his back and this will be looked on very seriously.

Bate's kicked 3 in a half? Is he playing out of the square? Who's on him?

yeah, bate is leading out of square most of the time. dunno who is on him, dont tend to notice the opposition, his kicking for goal has been good, unfortunately miller's has been poor.

chook is in everything as is green. petterd and whelan are two very courageous players. cheney and in particular spencerhave been very impressive. miller has struggled with his kicking but has been a target. davey is classy and has executed well. bartram has been busy and is a little more composed. frawley has shown a bit more poise. PJ has done some nice things and looks in prime shape. there are a number of players whose output is down and a couple who are really struggling and panicing. no sign of bail yet.

bruce has hurt his shoulder, aussie has done a hammy, and junior has come off for the day.

yes there are others i'd wish out before Junior.

I'm not necessarily happy that Junior is out, but I'm happy that Bail is getting a chance to play.

Junior, as our oldest player, needs to reserve his energy and get through this season. We don't need another mid-season retirement from our captain.

Morton2Watts... get in line! :wub::lol:

By the way, I'm pretty sure Bail was the one who gave off the handball to Davey who kicked it to Bate, who kicked our last goal.

Aussie is icing his hammy, but to me it seems like just tightness that they are not willing to risk. Good move.

Junior came off, seemed completely buggered, but a second before he came off he kicked a really nice pass. Don't think he is necessarily injured, but maybe just a little sore. Perhaps a pre-planned move to have him play a half and then bring Bail in.

Bruce copped a knock to the leg I think, but he's fine. Petterd committed yet another suicide mission, and was limping a bit afterwards, but also seems fine. Probably just got the wind knocked out of him.

Thanks Jaded! I'm off to listen to the second half, feeling even more happy after reading your report.

We're playing more committed game than at any time last year. Strong tackling and defensive work. Our rucks are doing well and our midfield is much better with Brock McLean in there. Still, our disposal skills and decision making are pretty average at times, especially when going forward. In the absence of Aussie, we have no crumbers in attack and the Hawks are sweeping the ball easily out of defence whenever the ball hits the ground. The club must be rueing the decision not to play Jetta today. Aaron Davey is a bit hot and cold and has to do a lot more if we're going to win this game.

All in all it makes a change from being flogged by teams like Hawthorn even if they do have a lot of their premiership players missing.

Just how good is Brock McLean? I mean I know he's good, but when he doesn't play for a while you just forget how good he is.

I also really like Bell in the midfield (and have been going on and on about this for as long as Bell has been on our list). He is a fantastic tackler, and his strong body is influential, even if to give McLean a bit of physical protection.

Everytime I see Cheney I think it's Walshy! :D

my day's just getting better & better! 33 points at third qtr change... great effort Dees!

BTW wasn't it Scott McLaren who James Hird got fined over for questioning his integrity?

And Bail did something particularly nice that qtr, out on the wing from what I heard of the broadcast. GREAT!

Spencer moves well, likes the responsibilty, strong, and courageaous and must have decent fitness as he has rucked nearly the whole game. Early days but he could be the answer to our rucking problems. Enjoying Frawley's game. Bate is a confidence player.