Forward Line

Roost It

Is it possible that we might rejig our forward line this year. I for one hope so

Something along the lines of

Maric Watts(when and if he's ready) Davey/Martin

Dunn Miller Bate

This gives us 2 great crumbing smalls, the soon to be best forward playing the game all close to goal

A half forward line that is mobile and has some size and strength.Good marking power (espcially with the improved delivery) Dunn should also be able to limit the drive provided by the running half backs.

Martin could be used instead of Watts or rotated through the FF line when we want to change the dynamics of the FF line.

I think Sylvia could start being used more as a midfielder, possibly resting on the forward line or the bench.

I thought I'd put this out there for discussion

Too top heavy (take out Dunn who is better suited as wingman/tagger), and how do you reason putting Martin in the forward line when he did so well down back and we clearly need a big body on the last line?

Is it possible that we might rejig our forward line this year. I for one hope so

Something along the lines of

Dunn Miller Bate

A half forward line that is mobile and has some size and strength.

Roost It, you are seriously clueless when it comes to knowledge of the game.

You were one of the nuffies who said that we should draft key position players, when our coach is professing a run and carry game plan. And then you define a half forward line of Dunn Miller & Bate as being mobile. You've gotta be joking.

Do you understand what's required to make a run and carry game plan successful?

An admirable effort but...

Martin has been great playing on the 'gorillas' and I don't think he has the footy IQ to play forward.

Dunn, Miller, and Bate across the line would be one paced and they're all lead up footy players with little defensive capabilities.

Watts should play wing/HFF/FP for the first few years as he gets used to the AFL.

And Maric, in my opinion (not many agree with me), should be groomed for the midfield as his vision and skills are as good as the best midfielder in the game today.

My forward line Rd.1 next year would have Miller, Wonaeamirri, Bate, Morton, Davey, and Newton starting with Robertson on the pine to ease him back into footy.

My preferred 6, assuming Watts isnt ready to step to the plate Round 1.

HF - Bate Garland Maric

F - Sylvia Miller Woneamirri

before you all cry about Garland up forward, realise that Rivers, Warnock and Martin are more than enough to handle the key posts down back.

And Garland is born to play forward, just a beautiful footballer.

you are all very close to the mark...especially rpfc. Maric is ideal for the half forward line. that way he can use his footskills to good use both further up the ground as well as on goal. Newton is my choice over Miller at the key forward position and unfortunately I don't think Sylvia will get a gig in the starting forward 6.

And for those that are suggesting that Martin or Garland will be used up forward u need to up the medication. They are obviously forgetting how long it took to find decent backmen.

Wonaeamirri is actually better used on the half forward line than in a pocket because he does present to the ball very well, almost tredrea-like without the frame and stature.

Dunn is a good 3rd tall and should never have been moved from there. When he was there he averaged more than a goal a game which is better than most people so moving him was silly.

I predict robbo to be back.

HF: Maric Newton Wonaeamirri

FF: Dunn Watts Robbo

Dunn Miller Bate

Oh dear.... no no no.

Have you seen Martin kick? I watched him at Sandy a bit early on, and the guy is not the kind hat you'd want trying to create in the forward line, or finish. He'll never play forward unless we're EXTREMELY desperate. Mark my words.

Maric is still not quite ready to be playing 22 rounds there. Maybe out of a pocket a bit this year? But certainly not full time. Much prefer to see Sylvia played there, assuming he doesn't finally make an entrance to the midfield.

Dunn isn't looking remotely like a forward yet. I'd like to see him play there and succeed... but he' a fair way off it. Watts won't play a serious role as a KP forward for a while yet. I can only see him pop up as a wingman or flanker for 80 minutes a game a few times this year. Unless he does a Morton and makes himself more needed.

Davey hasn't played in the forward line for a majority of match time for a while now. I'd love to see it happen though.

Miller is right, but bate is to deep. Bate on a flank or as a backup CHF.

I'd have Garland go forward... but I get the feeling he'll be put back as soon as we start leaking... which may (I hope I'm wrong) detrimentally effect his future in the way it did Miller. However, in the old days KP forwards were told to play a season in the backline to get an idea of how defenders think, so that when they move forward, they are better prepared to combat them.

Also, Newton has to play a bit this season. If he goes bad, scrapheap, if he shows a little, scrapheap... if he shows a lot we have a player or a trade option.

Also like a plethora of forward rotations, including PJ...

And Maric, in my opinion (not many agree with me), should be groomed for the midfield as his vision and skills are as good as the best midfielder in the game today.

i agree with you, but cant see any harm in playing him near goals whilst he develops

look at gablett, he started as a forward...(bad comparison i know)

An admirable effort but...

Martin has been great playing on the 'gorillas' and I don't think he has the footy IQ to play forward.

Dunn, Miller, and Bate across the line would be one paced and they're all lead up footy players with little defensive capabilities.

Watts should play wing/HFF/FP for the first few years as he gets used to the AFL.

My forward line Rd.1 next year would have Miller, Wonaeamirri, Bate, Morton, Davey, and Newton starting with Robertson on the pine to ease him back into footy.

I agree mate, i have said this since his debut that this kid will make a very very good midfielder, he reminds of Ablett, and i know that sounds so stupid but the way he moves and kicks it i see similar traits.

But yeah no need to rush him in there yet, Half forward or a pocket will be fine to develop.

here's mine...... Rd 1

Assume robbo eased back in over the 1st 6 weeks (not likely to start in any 18)

HF: Maric Miller Bate

FF: Wonaeamirri Newton Watts

Add to this sylvia changing with maric and or miller/bate as a 4 way.

Newton must be given a go to hold down a KPF for at least a 10 Week window not in and out every 2nd week. If he doesn't preform - Good Bye.

If newton doesn't stand up, 1 of Garland, Martin or Garland will need to go forward probably to CHF with Miller to FF. I don't like sending P.Johnson forward as he could become a superstar in the middle next year for us. If watts in only going to play a few games then Brad Green is the next best FP we have if Robbo is not 100%.

Wonaeamirri if he becomes victim of 2nd yr blues we need a FP. I like maric to play futher up so this is probably one of the most import spots, Wona has to fire!

Dunn, Davey definately Middle.

Casey Sibosado, assuming we take him could be rotated with Watts/Robbo

Roost It, you are seriously clueless when it comes to knowledge of the game.

You were one of the nuffies who said that we should draft key position players, when our coach is professing a run and carry game plan. And then you define a half forward line of Dunn Miller & Bate as being mobile. You've gotta be joking.

Do you understand what's required to make a run and carry game plan successful?

Thanks for joining the discussion in your usual calm and friendly way, you must be a real hit at parties.

Yes I did hope we would draft some key position players as I believe run and carry teams still need talls to finish their work and provide the big hits that keep other teams honest. I was though very happy with who we drafted and I think you'll find we'll be looking to add KPP to our side in coming drafts. For if we don't we'll end up like The Dogs, all run and no bite.

Personally I do believe Dunn is mobile, I mean he was our run with player this year, hardly the domain of someone lacking mobility. Miller's amd Bate are there to lead up and take the marks and use their size to our advantage.

I would have Miller playing closer to goal this year. I would also have Watts playing in the pocket (next to Miller) for a few games here and there or whenever he's ready. I'll have Bate and Sylvia being the lead up- hit up targets. Davey and Maric will take turns pinch hitting in the midfield. If Rivers comes back, I'll give him a crack at CHF.

Sylvia Bate Davey/Maric

Watts Miller Aussie

Green Miller Davey

Aussie Johnson Syliva

The reason I left Sylvia out of the forward line is I'm hoping he'll fit into the midfield due to improved fitness.

Maric plays forward as at this stage in his development and withSylvia moving into the middle I can't see him being played for anything other than short bursts in the middle.

With the ruck stocks we have I reckon PJ will be used in the middle, maybe resting forward depending on what we do with martin.

Green is definitly an option up forward, even as a leading, mobile type full forward.

Wona, love him, but feel he's probably in for a year at casey with a few games in the seniors.

Watts, definitely not wing for the first few years. OMG! '

I like your opinion of Maric, I see merit in that, but he needs a much bigger engine for that...

And for those that are suggesting that Martin or Garland will be used up forward u need to up the medication. They are obviously forgetting how long it took to find decent backmen.

Steady on freak. If Rivers can get himself right and is preferrably used down back, Garland is an option to go forward, as he is familiar with playing up forward. I just hope our team doesn't become undecided like the ND days whether to throw Neita forward or back.

Rest assured HT, at times over the next few years Jack Watts will line up on the side of the square. It just lets him play on the periphery and not attract all of the oppositions' attention.

But I would prefer a FP/HFF role.