Charlie Gardiner.. any interest?

Demon3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

............................................. how about you actually have an opinion of your own rhino...its very easy sitting on the fence isn't it

RR a 'fence sitter"?? ;);) Not by my definition!

1 more final than miller would have played. i'm glad 'goose' knows his footy, unlike rhino who has no opinion yet slams those who do.

Goose (and what an apt name that is :lol: ) thinks Bailey should make a statement to the future of Carroll jeopardising the financial and legal position of MFC and MFC should state that it is taking Jack Watts in the draft as No 1 pick for god only know reasons. I have no doubt you're glad Goose knows his footy. Like two peas in a pod of ignorance.

There is a good reason I dont carry on about draft players because I dont get to see them play (much like yourself). However I dont have the need to pretentiously pose and carry on like you do about potential players. Who else would start a needless thread " I dont rate this draft"? More to the point who beyond yourself would care? Many posters like myself have exposed you as an ego without substance. Check the "State your draft preferences" thread and see the responses.

So you see Freaky boy I do have an opinion (generally about most things) and in this case its not a high opinion.

Keep beating the chest big boy.

RR a 'fence sitter"?? ;);) Not by my definition!

It often pays to take the opposite tack to Freak and you will be pretty close to the money. :lol:

I have watched Charlie Gardiner play a fair bit last year and I believe he is twice the talent of say, Shane Birss (really crap kick at full speed) and would get a game at MFC pretty easily next year.

But the facts are that we dont need to "top up" with hardly any senior players. A tall forward would be good...

We need to draft youngsters in this high quality draft and thats what St Kilda is doing.

They are looking long term although they had a pretty successful year in 2008.

We should be getting blokes off the bus not putting them on.

because its flawed logic. what about minutes per game?...also what about dropped marks per game?...amount of times miller runs underneath the ball per game compared to gardiner? number of clangers per game? number of times any of them got scared in a contest and punched it (instead of marking it) straight down to akermanis directly in front of goals losing a game for their team?

Not that you're bitter... :)

not bitter just right!

Oh good grief......

You're kidding me with this crap right?

And for the record, no you're not right just because you say it is so, you are giving an opinion, one that you can have and one that near everyone else (except for Freak, who I am sure was just waiting for a Miller bashing moment, as that seems to be all that he does of any note) on here can disagree with.

Gardiner is not better than Miller (but I am not going to get into a slanging match on this point, as my opinion has been made very loudly and with extreme clarity over the years), but if you want to believe that then that is fine (disloyal though, as only one of them is ever going to be playing for us) and totally up to you.

But please for gods sake don't disrespect everyone else on here by throwing your ego around simply because they don't agree with you.

Goose (and what an apt name that is :lol: ) thinks Bailey should make a statement to the future of Carroll jeopardising the financial and legal position of MFC and MFC should state that it is taking Jack Watts in the draft as No 1 pick for god only know reasons. I have no doubt you're glad Goose knows his footy. Like two peas in a pod of ignorance.

There is a good reason I dont carry on about draft players because I dont get to see them play (much like yourself). However I dont have the need to pretentiously pose and carry on like you do about potential players. Who else would start a needless thread " I dont rate this draft"? More to the point who beyond yourself would care? Many posters like myself have exposed you as an ego without substance. Check the "State your draft preferences" thread and see the responses.

So you see Freaky boy I do have an opinion (generally about most things) and in this case its not a high opinion.

Keep beating the chest big boy.

It often pays to take the opposite tack to Freak and you will be pretty close to the money. :lol:

so what you're saying is that you don't know anything about potential draftees or football and thus parade around these boards to gain knowledge from people that do. fair enough. in your raving you did not state one opinion about football..for the sake of the board maybe stop ur obsession with my posts, go away until you have the balls to think of an opinion and then do the right thing and type them.

at the end of the day, i was the first to one to criticize brad miller(over everything), daniel bell(over his awareness), nathan jones(over his kicking), matthew bate(over his kicking and fumbling) and yet at the time everyone gives me [censored] for it. and now that i have come back(yet again) with all of the correct predictions you can't handle the fact that you were wrong.

good luck holding your 'miller for captain' sign in 09.

so what you're saying is that you don't know anything about potential draftees or football and thus parade around these boards to gain knowledge from people that do. fair enough. in your raving you did not state one opinion about football..for the sake of the board maybe stop ur obsession with my posts, go away until you have the balls to think of an opinion and then do the right thing and type them.

at the end of the day, i was the first to one to criticize brad miller(over everything), daniel bell(over his awareness), nathan jones(over his kicking), matthew bate(over his kicking and fumbling) and yet at the time everyone gives me [censored] for it. and now that i have come back(yet again) with all of the correct predictions you can't handle the fact that you were wrong.

good luck holding your 'miller for captain' sign in 09.

As usual Freak you are wrong. Where I dont have the information to form a cohesive opinion I dont unlike your poor self.

For someone so infatuated with their own opinions its obvious you cant take anyone elses and when you do you need to completely misrepresent it to gain some credence given your position has been shown to be foolhardy and silly.

And there you go "I was the first one....." another turgid bout of self promotion. You cop [censored] off people because they have exposed for the lightweight you cant countenance is the actually the case. Dont worry though you have fooled, I mean got, Goose pumping your tyres

Its even more amusing when you claim that I was wrong since I have made no predictions other than in September that MFC were unlikely to trade. Even bizarre that you keep claiming I have no opinions yet I could be wrong.

While I have recognised Miller for his character and leadership skills in a side that is sadly lacking them I have never put him up for MFC Captain. Wrong again Freaky. But then again its what we have come to expect isnt it?

NB: No doubt we will be getting the self pumping reply filled I, I, Is and wonderous claims. Brilliant

brad miller(over everything), daniel bell(over his awareness), nathan jones(over his kicking), matthew bate(over his kicking and fumbling)

agree with all of that!!!!!

Then why do you even bother?

I mean Cameron Bruce can't kick, Russell Robertson loses his feet, Colin Sylvia, Jared Rivers and Brock McLean are always injured, Aaron Davey disappears during matches, Lyndon Dunn can't get enough ball, Mark Jamar is slow and lumbering, Clint Bartram turns it over......the list is endless and not particularly helpful.

And we have strayed way off the topic at hand - so that is still a resounding "no" to Charlie Gardiner?!!!

id prefer charlie to 50% named!! Queenie C

Bell

Miller

Dunn

Jamar

Bartram

All hopeless and would be happy for all of them to leave for 5 picks after 50

yes, but if the above players are under contract (i'm not sure about all of them) we are stuck with them.

Its not like we'd be trading one of them for Charlie.

And taking him is not a positive move for the club moving forward

Bell

Miller

Dunn

Jamar

Bartram

So again, why the hell do you even bother?

Bell

Miller

Dunn

Jamar

Bartram

Then why do you even bother?

Exactly. Its amazing that a supporter can be so critical of his own players who are C-/ D graders then seek to glorify a twice rejected D grader from another Club.

And for the life of me I cant see why you would be seeing solace in 5 picks after 50. Its a lucky dip in a shark's pool. In fact some of the better post 50 pick ups have been Miller (2001- pick 55) and Bartram (2005 - pick 60+). No gems down that far.

wrong again. bruce, simon buckley, davey and martin were all either picked up after pick 50 in the national draft or overlooked completely in the national draft and have turned out to be better than miller . not to mention guys in the past like nathan brown and woewodin etc. just goes to show that there is always good players available there waiting in the ranks should a hack like miller be delisted

wrong again. bruce, simon buckley, davey and martin were all either picked up after pick 50 in the national draft or overlooked completely in the national draft and have turned out to be better than miller .

No Freak. Wrong again. How many times has this happened?

This is what I said.....read carefully

And for the life of me I cant see why you would be seeing solace in 5 picks after 50. Its a lucky dip in a shark's pool. In fact some of the better post 50 pick ups have been Miller (2001- pick 55) and Bartram (2005 - pick 60+). No gems down that far.

Aside from Bruce, nine years ago none of the players you mentioned were either in the draft or have cemented an AFL career.

And my point you misguidedly commented on was given the paucity of talent at the post 50 level why you were would be so keen, beyond blowing hot air of getting rid of clearly C-/D players for NQRs who are more likely than not going to fail at AFL. No great improvement.

Keep missing the point Freaky and keep promoting yourself. Its rather amusing in a bizarre way.