Guest Fullmont

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated 28/10 @ 7.30pm

DEMONLAND V TALKING CARLTON

Sunday November 2nd @ 2pm

VENUE: Gosch's Paddock Punt Rd (CONFIRMED)

PRIZE: "The Duke" - The Earl Spalding Trophy (TBC)

WEATHER: 23 Rain then shower or two

DEMONLAND TEAM:

cameronthebruce, rustykingswood, ucanchoose, IKTPQMCR, tez, pringle (+ brother), melbournefc

wise monkey, mclean4brownlow, dappadan, 45hotgod, Hards, Occo (+ 2 friends), Fuzz, Dave (melbournefc's friend)

rollinson65, whispering jack, redleg, grant, benno, the stynes factor, blessed, demon tingles,

rivvo, scotty, mickrocks1, imtoohot, diesel, doggo24

Jo (melbournefc's friend - drinkgirl, boundary umpire and/or player)

dianne (melbournefc's friend - photographer)

marfa (melbournefc's friend - demonland member & supporter)

doit4robbie (match day helper - goal umpire / water duty)

skipper3 (match day helper)

dee knees (water duty)

legend (drinking)

TBC:

freak, coxy, tarzan16

MIA:

stinga, fuzz, demon ruckle, madness, jezzzza, brownlowbruce

All positions will be decided by the coaches, captain and/or the leadership group on the day.

GO DEES.

32 players if everyone shows!

haha everyone will be playing in 10 min bursts! we should out run them anyway.

question. for those who dont play regularly - what are you doing for mouthguards?

Praying to the good lord that my teeth don't get knocked out!!!

I assume you're referring to Brent Crosswell but I think that might be a trifle unfair because he was a great at Carlton and good value at Melbourne.

I have to think about that one and am open to suggestions.

My initial reaction would be the Vinnie Catoggio but there might be a better one lurking around ... James Cook?

Phil Pinnell

Michael Young

Paul Hurst

Brent Heaver

Peter Rohde

Ronald Barassi????

"32 players..."

no, benno...

rollinson 65 is a non-playing sponsor from demonology...

and redleg and whispering jack are coaches...

there will be enough game time as everyone can stand, I promise you...

and blessed_hands has a habit of getting sent off... :lol:

ah ok. haha im not complaining, esp given there will inevitebly be no shows, and probably hot, and my fitness is suspect. :unsure:

haha

"32 players..."

no, benno...

rollinson 65 is a non-playing sponsor from demonology...

and redleg and whispering jack are coaches...

there will be enough game time as everyone can stand, I promise you...

and blessed_hands has a habit of getting sent off... :lol:

It's true. I'm a loose cannon.

Can't control my white line fever.

Meanwhile, "The Snitch" is talking all sorts of jive over at the Carlton forum.

Sounds like a job for the wise_monkey.

I'll need a warm up.

I've done no fitness in months, am getting fatter by the day and still haven't learnt how to kick...

I'll be really helpful.

I'm with you Mick. A warm up would be good.

32 players if everyone shows!

haha everyone will be playing in 10 min bursts! we should out run them anyway.

question. for those who dont play regularly - what are you doing for mouthguards?

Benno..., Rollo usually posts up here what people are to bring or recommend bringing ie: mouthguards, jumpers etc...

Looks like the heatwave is staying away so therefore the sunscreen may not need to appear. However...this IS Melbourne. ;)

so we're starting at 2, is there going to be a warm up ect. i'd hate for all u older blokes 2 do a hammy

Let's try to get there between 1-1:30pm to have a stretch, a kick, a yarn and talk some tactics.

I drove past Gosh's paddock this afternoon - there's a small fenced off area on the half forward flank, about 2 x 2 meters. Let's hope it's removed by the weekend.

I've done no fitness in months, am getting fatter by the day and still haven't learnt how to kick...

I just got in from a 10km run - part of a gruelling training routine for the weekend's game.

And our boy Blessed has just started pre-season with Port Melbourne. He's fit!

At least there'll be a few of us to chase the pill around all day. :unsure:

It's true. I'm a loose cannon.

Can't control my white line fever.

Meanwhile, "The Snitch" is talking all sorts of jive over at the Carlton forum.

Sounds like a job for the wise_monkey.

I'm happy to give "The Snitch" a touch up, but wouldn't it be more fun if both of us took him out. Personally, I don't think he's got the fitness or the nerve to get anywhere near the play.

I just got in from a 10km run - part of a gruelling training routine for the weekend's game. And our boy Blessed has just started pre-season with Port Melbourne. He's fit! At least there'll be a few of us to chase the pill around all day. :unsure:

Does training for VFL goal umpiring count?

Wait, even if it did... I haven't done any yet.

10km!? Never in my life.

I just got in from a 10km run - part of a gruelling training routine for the weekend's game.

And our boy Blessed has just started pre-season with Port Melbourne. He's fit!

At least there'll be a few of us to chase the pill around all day. :unsure:

i cruised three and a half k in about 19 mins today before pumping out some weights. haha

did about 8 k yesterday.

both times spent about 10 mins afterwards blowing snot everywhere. damn flu. getting over it slowly though.

i wont be chasing the pill around all day though! ha! maybe the sudafed

"Wet weather thinking required and please bring boots with decent stops...."

Melway map reference 2G E10...

TRAIN... to richmond station, walk south down punt road (city side). Walk past the collingwood training ground. If you come to boulton parade, you have gone too far...

CAR... free parking may be available at the punt road oval. If not, try the richmond side streets south of swan street...

WEATHER... extended forecast says 19 degrees, morning rain showers clearing. The operative word is "showers", so footy boots are a must (mitch, please tell scotty fcs so he won't be slipping and sliding but taking good, solid marks on those leads)...

people, it's melbourne and the bluebuggers are promising us a contest...

if we can believe our scout, robbo24, they have the personnel to provide a real contest and a tough game...

people, it's melbourne so bring water AND suncreen !!!

helpers... we have never had enough additional water, so don't slack off on your commitments...

I have 4 additional guernseys, but bring additional jumpers if you have them for players without...

AFTER MATCH DRINKS... crickerters arms hotel, punt road...follow the crowd...

if anyone has last-minute info for the coaches (can't make it, can make it with extra players etc, I invite you to ring me on my mobile on the day 0408 698 328...

see you sunday at 1pm or thereabouts...

rollo.

"Wet weather thinking required and please bring boots with decent stops...."

Melway map reference 2G E10...

TRAIN... to richmond station, walk south down punt road (city side). Walk past the collingwood training ground. If you come to boulton parade, you have gone too far...

CAR... free parking may be available at the punt road oval. If not, try the richmond side streets south of swan street...

WEATHER... extended forecast says 19 degrees, morning rain showers clearing. The operative word is "showers", so footy boots are a must (mitch, please tell scotty fcs so he won't be slipping and sliding but taking good, solid marks on those leads)...

people, it's melbourne and the bluebuggers are promising us a contest...

if we can believe our scout, robbo24, they have the personnel to provide a real contest and a tough game...

people, it's melbourne so bring water AND suncreen !!!

helpers... we have never had enough additional water, so don't slack off on your commitments...

I have 4 additional guernseys, but bring additional jumpers if you have them for players without...

AFTER MATCH DRINKS... crickerters arms hotel, punt road...follow the crowd...

if anyone has last-minute info for the coaches (can't make it, can make it with extra players etc, I invite you to ring me on my mobile on the day 0408 698 328...

see you sunday at 1pm or thereabouts...

rollo.

Updated 29/10 @ 11pm

DEMONLAND V TALKING CARLTON

Sunday November 2nd @ 2pm

VENUE: Gosch's Paddock Punt Rd (CONFIRMED)

PRIZE: "The Duke" - The Earl Spalding Trophy (TBC)

WEATHER: 23 Shower or two, then rain.

DEMONLAND TEAM:

cameronthebruce, rustykingswood, ucanchoose, IKTPQMCR, tez, pringle (+ brother), melbournefc

wise monkey, mclean4brownlow, dappadan, 45hotgod, Hards, Occo (+ 2 friends), Fuzz, Dave (melbournefc's friend)

rollinson65, whispering jack, redleg, grant, benno, the stynes factor, blessed, demon tingles,

rivvo, scotty, mickrocks1, imtoohot, diesel, doggo24

Jo (melbournefc's friend - drinkgirl, boundary umpire and/or player)

dianne (melbournefc's friend - photographer)

marfa (melbournefc's friend - demonland member & supporter)

doit4robbie (match day helper - goal umpire / water duty)

skipper3 (match day helper)

dee knees (water duty)

legend (drinking)

TBC:

freak, coxy, tarzan16

MIA:

stinga, fuzz, demon ruckle, madness, jezzzza, brownlowbruce

All positions will be decided by the coaches, captain and/or the leadership group on the day.

GO DEES.