Green for 16 - yes or no ?

Guest Schtacker

Green for 16 - yes or no ?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe, probably not! ;)

16 Matthew Lobbe Port Adelaide 2007 ?

16 Mitchell Brown West Coast Eagles 2006 5 games

16 Richard Douglas Adelaide 2005 38 games

16 Adam Pattison Richmond 2004 47 games

16 Josh Willoughby Sydney Swans 2003 o games

average talent there at number 16 recently

really counts for nothing.

Whats that got to do with this draft?

Are you superstitious?

If greeny wants to leave, we could do a hell of a lot worse than pick 16.

If greeny wants to stay, i would prefer to keep him to help develop the kids (kids need old heads around the place to help them settle).

If he wants out, pick 16 is a good deal for both parties.

Guest Schtacker
Whats that got to do with this draft?

Are you superstitious?

Not to mention the fact you can't really have expected the last three to have made much of themselves yet

There is also the fact that this is a supposed 'superdraft'

No idea who Willoughby is but the others are either too young to judge (Lobbe (considered an odd choice that high), Brown (who will be a gun) and to an extent Douglas (who does ok anyway)) or have done ok (Pattison - who is still only a 21/22 year old ruckman)

Guest Schtacker
i hope this davey deal is true as well- pick 4 is a bloody ripper

imagine pics 1,4,16,17,19 and perhaps trade for prismall for pick 35

Oh my.....

and not to mention 09 draft picks.

Yes, yes, I like, I like... that'd make it 11 top-20 picks including 1,1,2,4,4 over three years :P

I don't care who we would have to trade to make that happen, except McLean and Morton (Need a lot more than just Davey for pick 4 though, would need Sylvia or someone also)

I would hate to see Davey or Green go, but come on people, we can set up an absolute class list for years to come here... let go of your sentimentality please!!!

Guest Schtacker
trading davey is a mistake.

as is green - unless he wants to go, then get the best we can for him.

I just think the odds of pick 4 turning out to be a star player are very high - Look what we got last year with that number... just about the most valuable player on our list

Yes. I would take Pick 16 for Green. As long as we dont trade 16, 17, or 19 for Warnock. I so do not want him!

Then I would trade Davey and Pick 17 to Port for Pick 4.

Giving us 1, 4, 16, 19, 35, 51, 68. No need for Warnock. We get Vickery at 4.

Guest Schtacker
Yup. I want him to stay, but I want the pick more. As for Wheatley, 30 is an out-and-out bargain.

I'd take that too! The butcher can pack his bags for 30 absolutely no doubt

Guest Schtacker
Yes. I would take Pick 16 for Green. As long as we dont trade 16, 17, or 19 for Warnock. I so do not want him!

Then I would trade Davey and Pick 17 to Port for Pick 4.

Giving us 1, 4, 16, 19, 35, 51, 68. No need for Warnock. We get Vickery at 4.

You're probably right - we would need to give another player worth about 17 in order to keep that pick, and I don't think we have anyone worth that except the 2 untouchables... still Davey would be worth the 13-pick upgrade... i think... even though I think he will probably come good again

argh I better chill out this is doing my head in :D

Not to mention the fact you can't really have expected the last three to have made much of themselves yet

There is also the fact that this is a supposed 'superdraft'

The talent appears very deep, the early picks are your normal stars but the 1st Rnd standard seems to run down to about 30. This is exactly why It's so important to get extra picks in the top 25 this year. Teams that have the same amount of picks in the top 30 will all do equally well.

We need to trade for extra picks if we want to make any gains on our opponents into the future from this draft.

Deep down i hope Green stays, i want him there to teach the young kids how to play. Green is selfless most of the time. He is not the greatest,but does go in hard. Pick 16 is selling him short in a way. But i am aware this is a top draft so..........

Guest Schtacker
Deep down i hope Green stays, i want him there to teach the young kids how to play. Green is selfless most of the time. He is not the greatest,but does go in hard. Pick 16 is selling him short in a way. But i am aware this is a top draft so..........

simply cannot agree it is selling Green short

look at the quality of players involved in trading for high picks over the last two years

Chris Judd and Pick #46 West Coast Eagles Carlton Josh J. Kennedy, Draft Picks #3 and #20

Cameron Wood Brisbane Lions Collingwood Draft Pick #14

Travis Johnstone Melbourne Brisbane Lions Draft Pick #14

Jordan McMahon Western Bulldogs Richmond Draft Pick #19

Graham Polak and Pick #13 Fremantle Richmond Pick #8 (ontraded to Collingwood)

Chris Tarrant Collingwood Fremantle Pick #8 and Paul Medhurst

Green is good, but no star. We would be giggling over this one

Green is good, but no star. We would be giggling over this one

For a change, I agree with you, to a degree. For mine, 16 is about Green's value... probably more. I don't know if we'd be laughing; once again we'd be inundated with gumbies saying how disillusioned they are with the club for trading another fan favourite, and there is surely a point where you have to stop trading senior players, unless you want to field a TAC cup team.

If we got more than 16, I'd be stoked. If we got less than, say, 20 I'd probably be a bit miffed. As it stands, 16 is about the mark and I wouldn't really give a fat rat's clacker whether the deal was done or not.