Watts wont be a key forward at AFL level

Yze_Magic

It didn't take Garry Lyon 3-4 years to make an impact at AFL level, so how the hell can you say that Watts will be a better player than Lyon?

BTW, we had serious chances of winning the flag in 1990, 1994 and 1998.

and 2000 ;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we never made a grand final in those years!

FWIW, MFC blew an opportunity in 1990 when Collingwood won the flag with the most ordinary premiership side in years.

We werent good enough in 1994 and 1998.

FWIW, MFC blew an opportunity in 1990 when Collingwood won the flag with the most ordinary premiership side in years.

In 1998, we beat the eventual premier by 9 goals in a final at the G, and you reckon we weren't good enough.

In 1998, we beat the eventual premier by 9 goals in a final at the G, and you reckon we weren't good enough.

We were not good enough when it counted...against North Melbourne in a prelim final. We were meek on the day and should have done better.

I'm surprised to see you place so much emphasis on test results.

Do you always jump to conclusions ? I wanted him well before the DC.

That said, any 196cm classy key forward and reigning Larke Medallist who is the best mark his state coach has seen, with great all round footy skills, becomes the fastest non Aboriginal in 15 years of testing over 20 metres (until Smith surpassed him minutes later), then proceeds to place second in the agility test when it's manufactured for midfielders, demands rave reviews.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it. This player will be a star.

Oh the pain! Let's not go there.

Do you always jump to conclusions ? I wanted him well before the DC.

That said, any 196cm classy key forward and reigning Larke Medallist who is the best mark his state coach has seen, with great all round footy skills, becomes the fastest non Aboriginal in 15 years of testing over 20 metres (until Smith surpassed him minutes later), then proceeds to place second in the agility test when it's manufactured for midfielders, demands rave reviews.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it. This player will be a star.

the player could be a star

i want him

BUT CAN PEOPLE NOT EXPECT ANYTHING next year at all

he's only 17....most others in the draft are 18- he will be good, but he'll fluctuate. nugget and i saw him first hand when he was off his game. and i mean off- the only good thing he did that day were take 3 awesome pack marks on 10 guys.

the player could be a star

i want him

BUT CAN PEOPLE NOT EXPECT ANYTHING next year at all

We don't JUST need him, Watts, we need 4 tall forwards, 2 next year (min'), & 2 more in 2009 draft.

2008 - Pick 1 - Watts, Pick 17 or 19 we should grab Ryan Schoenmakers, both classy tall agile type forwards.

2009 - Our 1st pick - John Butcher, likely. Jack Fitzpatrick would be handy as well.

We don't JUST need him, Watts, we need 4 tall forwards, 2 next year (min'), & 2 more in 2009 draft.

2008 - Pick 1 - Watts, Pick 17 or 19 we should grab Ryan Schoenmakers, both classy tall agile type forwards.

2009 - Our 1st pick - John Butcher, likely. Jack Fitzpatrick would be handy as well.

Geelong played with one average tall forward (Mooney) all year. It just goes to show what quality mids can do.

rember we hav alot of classy small forwards to fit in.

Davey Maric sylvia Wona

we do

but they still want davey to be a midfielder

and i hope both marric and sylvia can have a big pre season, get fit and start heading into the midfield

we dont need 4 talls but 2 or 4 would be nice

Why do you need 4?

1 F/F - (Watts) - 2008

2 CH/F - (Butcher) - 2009

3 Tall roaming type - (ryan okeefe type) 3rd tall, - see (Shoenmakers) - 2008

4/ Tall forward/ruck type - (Fitzpatrick) - 2009

You need to have developing players in reserve for rotation, backup/depth.

see Hawks Franklin/Roughhead/Thorpe/Dowler, etc, just the same as having 4 rucks on your list.

In defence we currently have - Martin, Warnock, Frawley, Rivers, McNamara,,,

It didn't take Garry Lyon 3-4 years to make an impact at AFL level, so how the hell can you say that Watts will be a better player than Lyon?

It's really just my hope mo boy, but if you need to get upset so be it.

1990 we were very ordinary when it mattered

1994 not even close to WC

1998 never looked like beating North nor would we have beaten Adelaide on the day