The 1 Millionth Alternative Clash Jumper Poll

titan_uranus

The 1 Millionth Alternative Clash Jumper Poll  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could titan uranus or whoever made that awesome one int his thread of the MFC logo, try it with the demon logo because i agree with nudge- jimmy would want a demon in it- and lets face it..the demon could be in the navy blue with white outline..identical to this jumper, with navy blue trim and sides.

it would look good.

could titan uranus or whoever made that awesome one int his thread of the MFC logo, try it with the demon logo because i agree with nudge- jimmy would want a demon in it- and lets face it..the demon could be in the navy blue with white outline..identical to this jumper, with navy blue trim and sides.

it would look good.

scroll back 6...re Chook.... Is that what you want ???

it would look good.

I understand that the demon might be at the forefront of Jim's mind, however the point of this thread was to take the jumper with the MFC insignia and find out how popular it is. It was 45hotgod's idea in another thread, and it shows how popular this jumper is amongst the Demonland fans. If you prefer the demon, you can vote for the second option in the poll.

welll i emailed the club yesterday and have received a reply

this is just part of the email...i greatly appreciate this fast reply and have responded to the club to thank them and complement them on their hard work

It is a great Jumper but it's not just a matter of choosing the best

from a design point of view. We have to consider possible clashes,

balancing heritage elements with elements that appeal to youth, the AFL

who until recently had completely closed the door on a predominantly red

design and Reebok, our apparel partner, who have to be comfortable with

the design from a retail sales point of view.

We are working with all parties at the moment to try and get the best

outcome for the Club and our supporters.

The design you provided me initially was one we forwarded straight to

our designers for consideration because it was so good.

Kind regards

EDIT: The one I emailed initially was the red and blue swapped around...that was a couple of months ago before this design was shown

again, the fact that I was remembered is great and i am grateful

good to see nick well done

i think thought that the predominately red doesn't clash at all with as we will obviously wear white shorts with it..

Essendon, Brisbane, Fremantle, St.Kilda, and no one wears a clash jumper against sydney, and no one wear's their away shorts (which i think they should) against the swans, and the swans should wear white shorts when they play away- i dont care how stupid it looks.

welll i emailed the club yesterday and have received a reply

this is just part of the email...i greatly appreciate this fast reply and have responded to the club to thank them and complement them on their hard work

EDIT: The one I emailed initially was the red and blue swapped around...that was a couple of months ago before this design was shown

again, the fact that I was remembered is great and i am grateful

well done Nugget. That is a good response from the club.

Great jumper, hopefully the club fight to get what the fans want.

If this gets a pass from the AFL, as if it wouldnt, it's very similar to the same jumper that was OK'd for years as a clash jumper, and it's more of a change than the Bombers' one anyway, perhaps the club could put a similar poll on the website to get a more universal finding

I sent both a link to this thread and a picture of the jumper to Martin Cox.

He replied:

Thanks for your feedback. The Club has received lots of feedback regarding our clash jumper, and we are developing a design that takes all of this feedback on board.

I hope he's telling the truth.

The thing i like about this jumper is that it isn't trying to be over-the-top in it's design. A lot of clash tops are just so out there from their normal one that it looks horrible and bugs the supporters, this one maintains the historical link to the MFC and the colour link, while moving far enough away from our home strip to appeal to consumers who wish to buy it.

Plus i can picture it on the boys and know that they will be playing for the RED AND BLUE!

I sent both a link to this thread and a picture of the jumper to Martin Cox.

He replied:

Thanks for your feedback. The Club has received lots of feedback regarding our clash jumper, and we are developing a design that takes all of this feedback on board.

I hope he's telling the truth.

Martin Martin Martin.....whats to "develop" ???? we've done it for you !!! ;):rolleyes:

Guest McLean2Maric
My only criticism of it is that there are a few younger supporters that I've shown the picture to, that don't like it because it "looks too much like Carlton's." Those who know of our history, and also about Fitzroy's jumper, etc. obviously won't think that, but it might be something to consider.

Melbourne kids who only hate Carlton cause their parents do, might also dislike anything that reminds them of that club.

Yeah... as soon I saw the logo I instantly thought of Carlton for some reason... The C seems to stand out so much

Guest Toot182

104 - 4... What are the 4 Alternatives?

I read somewhere that the AFL are looking for a predominantly white or silver alternative strip... I assume we look at who this would clash with.

Sydney, StKilda (remember this years? they looked MORE the same) That's probably what the AFL's argument would be...

Non white away/clash jumper with FFC monogram

So.

I presume our proposed red jumper is a shoe in ?

Hmm.

Youd have to think so..logically...But we are taking the AFL !!

104 - 4... What are the 4 Alternatives?

I read somewhere that the AFL are looking for a predominantly white or silver alternative strip... I assume we look at who this would clash with.

Sydney, StKilda (remember this years? they looked MORE the same) That's probably what the AFL's argument would be...

Toot ...as youre new here I'l lgive you a bit of a heads up.

The clash jumper fiasco has been discussed here many times..

heres something to read..

start here clash jumper thread

All is not as it may seem