More Melbourne Supporters in Groups

demonizer

Maybe a pointless topic now but something that has bugged the teets of me is Melbourne's cheer squad...and that their is the problem..it isn't one.

Can The Melbourne supporters next season try to join the cheer squad or at least get one going where all Melbourne supporters can sit together.

Because to many times this year where Ive gone to watch the Dees and me and my girlfriend have been pretty much the only demon supporters around

and it's quite embarassing. So i thought id maybe try and get people looking at this topic and get this thing started early if there were enough people interested.

I'm only a recent kinda member on here and its my first topic really so I'm not sure if someone has posted something like this already but please demon fans lets do something....and if your already doing something, DO MORE PLEASE!!!!

the thing is

i know what you mean, and it is annoying

i think the people in the cheersquad do a really good job but there isnt a lot of them in comparison to other clubs

you see, melbourne needs success to draw the big crowds...

richmond on the other hand, have an awesome cheersquad because there are HEAPS of them that all sit togethor and sing along (not just the boring richmond clap clap chant either)

but its very difficult to do this for melbourne because we dont have the vast support and people would rather sit somewhere that gives them an optimum view of the game

I'm pretty sure the cheer squad split into two after some debate about chants or something. There are a few threads on Demonology discussing it. That probably makes it seem even smaller.

people would rather sit somewhere that gives them an optimum view of the game

I'm in that boat - I'd prefer not to sit in the FP or whatever.

yer that's true, but cant our supporters sacrifice a better seating view for something like that?

and it doesn't necessarily have to be behind the goals were we all sit too

This year of mending old ties could certainly do with a reunion of the cheer squad.

I remember vaguely on the old Olympic Stand that the Cheer Squad was pretty impressive. Catch 22 for me I think. I love where I sit, but would sit there occasionally if there were more people did, but of course that requires people to move in the first place.

I wonder if the club could fix it

would love jimmy or CC to have a go at fixing it

i remember reading that post on 'ology...about the person that was supposed to start the chants or something

for dramatic change, or a big cheer squad thing to happen, there would need to be a mass change...something that most of us here couldnt really start without a lot of support

wouldnt it be great to have a mammoth cheer sqaud (like Victory) that sings songs and has different chants and things

a bit like in school football

stop the split [censored]

get it back on that olympic flank, eveyrone there- a see of red and blue along the whole wing, mcc and city end goals. then otherside as well!

Agree. Why on earth would you split a cheersquad up in the first place!? This needs addressing.

the cheer squad fought amongst themselves, and a group formed a rebel cheersquad and sat seperately.

regarding mfc supporters sitting together, i think they do: in the redlegs and other social clubs members, in the mcc members and in the cheer squad. we only ever make up a small portion of the rest of the ground anyway...

What I don't get is people claiming that MCC melbourne supporters don't show up.

We always make up a much higher percentage of our section than the rest of the ground.

i havnt heard anyone claim that. ive heard it claimed you dont support the club financially...

What I don't get is people claiming that MCC melbourne supporters don't show up.

We always make up a much higher percentage of our section than the rest of the ground.

Yeah I agree. When you look at the MCC areas for matches like Melb v Carlton, QB etc, theres a respectable number of MFC supporters, but when you look out at the Southern Stand there's usually plenty more opposition supporters. I'd say the problem is people not wanting to pay for a ticket to watch the MFC 'play' football.

the cheer squad fought amongst themselves, and a group formed a rebel cheersquad and sat seperately.

That has to be the funniest post I have ever readon this thing. (Maybe a close second, the Indian Billionaire comming to rescue the club)

How serious do the cheer squad exactly take themselfs that they need to seperate and remove themselfs from each other, over chants???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. But maybe because its condensed to one particular area, the Mcc. The rest of the ground, supporters are spread out.

I'm a MCC member and MFC Full member & Social Member and I know quite a few Mcc members who financially support the Mfc.

Where do you hear that claim Deanox? Media? MFC?

I agree. But maybe because its condensed to one particular area, the Mcc. The rest of the ground, supporters are spread out.

I'm a MCC member and MFC Full member & Social Member and I know quite a few Mcc members who financially support the Mfc.

Where do you hear that claim Deanox? Media? MFC?

im not saying it is 'heard', what i was saying is that i have never heard of people complaining that mcc members dont turn up for mfc matches but you often hear about how we need to convert mfc supporting mcc members into mfc members also. there are threads on that, search the forums, they will come up...

I'd wager that on a day drawing 16,000 to the 'G, at least 33% of them sit in the MCC possibly more, even though it takes up about 20% of the ground.

I wonder if there's anyway to find out MCC attendance.

Basically our supporters need to not attack each other, or blame someone else for our low supporter base, and unite to build the base.

A bigger cheer squad would be a start of it.

I see what you mean Deanox, but isn't it something like 8000 of the 30,000 MFC supporting MCC members are also MFC members. That's over 25%, that's above the churn rate overall. I also feel the number is rising, but even so it's a decent number.

ive heard it claimed you dont support the club financially...

im not saying it is 'heard', what i was saying is that i have never heard of people complaining that mcc members dont turn up for mfc matches but you often hear about how we need to convert mfc supporting mcc members into mfc members also. there are threads on that, search the forums, they will come up...

I understand there are threads on it. You were referring that "you" or the MCC in this case (I believe that is whom you are referring to -unless you meant 45), don't support the club financially. That statement is rubbish. Based on what you 'heard.' by hearsay.

We are all aware of reports that there needs to be a greater conversion rate of just Mcc members who support Melbourne into mfc members. My point is there are already a fair % that do support the Mfc financially.

I understand there are threads on it. You were referring that "you" or the MCC in this case (I believe that is whom you are referring to -unless you meant 45), don't support the club financially. That statement is rubbish. Based on what you 'heard.' by hearsay.

We are all aware of reports that there needs to be a greater conversion rate of just Mcc members who support Melbourne into mfc members. My point is there are already a fair % that do support the Mfc financially.

i was referring to mcc members, of which there are about 99K of which apparently about 25K are mfc supporters. given that the mfc has such low membership numbers, and only a small percentage of them are bual mcc/mfc members, i was referring to the perceived lack of support of the mfc by mcc members. stop being a pain in the ass you know what i mean. it is a common issue discussed in footballing circles.

ive heard it claimed you dont support the club financially...

i was referring to mcc members, of which there are about 99K of which apparently about 25K are mfc supporters. given that the mfc has such low membership numbers, and only a small percentage of them are bual mcc/mfc members, i was referring to the perceived lack of support of the mfc by mcc members. stop being a pain in the ass you know what i mean. it is a common issue discussed in footballing circles.

:lol: Didn't know I was being a pain in the ass. My issue is with your initial post. I know you were referring to mcc members. I suggest you use a better choice of words. Such as what is highlighted in your latter post in italic. I don't mean to be rude but it is the attitude of some that suggest that mcc members "in general" don't support the mfc - that irks me (just so you know). Which is absolute crap!

This year of mending old ties could certainly do with a reunion of the cheer squad.

I remember vaguely on the old Olympic Stand that the Cheer Squad was pretty impressive. Catch 22 for me I think. I love where I sit, but would sit there occasionally if there were more people did, but of course that requires people to move in the first place.

I wonder if the club could fix it

I used to be in the cheer squad when we sat in the old southern stand around the wing at the front, floggers hanging over gee those were the days.

:lol: Didn't know I was being a pain in the ass. My issue is with your initial post. I know you were referring to mcc members. I suggest you use a better choice of words. Such as what is highlighted in your latter post in italic. I don't mean to be rude but it is the attitude of some that suggest that mcc members "in general" don't support the mfc - that irks me (just so you know). Which is absolute crap!

don't selectivly quote me and you wont have the problem of not understanding what ive written. read it in context with the thread and it might make more sense to you.