Mock Trades

Jerry Lundergard

Armitage slow opportunistic forward? what are you watching? Was QLD's u/18 captain, taken pick 9 in a good draft, and has wraps on him to a young michael voss!

would love him in red and blue, but the only place he is going after st kilda is back to either QLD team

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought i would start a thread for people to put forward their mock trades for the MFC this coming trade period. Undoubtedly there will be some garbage trdaes posted on here, but you need to think about what other clubs might want of us, and what we need in return.

1. Jarred Rivers to the Hawks for their first round pick(13-16).

We all love Riv, but we are develpoing a number of key defenders at the moment, and the truth is Rivers has been struggling to consistently get on the field over the last few seasons. The Hawks have their window open at the moment, and lack another quality key defender to shore up their defense. It would be a high risk/high reward punt on their part. This would give us a 4th pick in the top 20.

2. James Frawley to St Kilda for David Armitage.

Once again i feel we could probably afford to give up a defender, and as i beleive the Saints were keen on Frawley last year and has links to the club through Spud, they may still be interested. This would also allow them free up of Goddard to more of a midfield role instead of a defensive one. Armitage was a pick 9 in the same draft as Frawley and has struggled for regular game in their midfield. I feel he could be a good addition to ours, as he can get forward and kick a goal as well.

Well there is two to start the ball rolling. I may post some more as they come to me but i'd be interested to read some more that demonlanders can come up with.

Pick 35 and CJ to Freo for Warnock

Prismall in the PSD or Alwyn Davey at a pinch

At the start of the year I would have thought trading CJ would be on the cards. But this year he has shown what some of us knew he could do. We are light on for backman who can use the ball well to set up play which is becoming more important in the modern game. With Whelan and Wheatly aging and Bartram and Bell not good users of the ball CJ would be a required player I would have thought. I would throw in Bartram before CJ.

JL, its interesting you should throw up Frawleys name. With the emergence of Martin, Warnock, Garland and Rivers to return from injury, he is one I was wondering about. Being pick 12 with a couple of years of development in him (still only 19) I wonder what he would be worth. I would rather trade him for a pick than a player. You would think first round surely....

One player I would like to see at the Dees is McKinley....I would trade Frawley and pick 35 for him, though I doubt it will happen....

we've missed our chance on mckinley- we were going to ge thim last yr

only way would be if he wanted to come home to vic- and he wont, as he's looking like west coasts new forward.

frawley i agree should be traded as he has a number 12 draft pick and 19 in a side with strong young backman- warnock, garland, martin. CJ should be kept totally agree that barts and bell would go ahead of him..more so barts cos bell is good scragger of a defender

I thought i would start a thread for people to put forward their mock trades for the MFC this coming trade period. Undoubtedly there will be some garbage trdaes posted on here, but you need to think about what other clubs might want of us, and what we need in return.

1. Jarred Rivers to the Hawks for their first round pick(13-16).

We all love Riv, but we are develpoing a number of key defenders at the moment, and the truth is Rivers has been struggling to consistently get on the field over the last few seasons. The Hawks have their window open at the moment, and lack another quality key defender to shore up their defense. It would be a high risk/high reward punt on their part. This would give us a 4th pick in the top 20.

2. James Frawley to St Kilda for David Armitage.

Once again i feel we could probably afford to give up a defender, and as i beleive the Saints were keen on Frawley last year and has links to the club through Spud, they may still be interested. This would also allow them free up of Goddard to more of a midfield role instead of a defensive one. Armitage was a pick 9 in the same draft as Frawley and has struggled for regular game in their midfield. I feel he could be a good addition to ours, as he can get forward and kick a goal as well.

Well there is two to start the ball rolling. I may post some more as they come to me but i'd be interested to read some more that demonlanders can come up with.

The Hawks have Croad so why would they trade for OP crippled defender who lacks pace?

Given we have Davey, Maric and Wona, why would we give up Frawley for limited forward opportunist that does not have the pace to get a run in a slow St Kilda midfield. Lack of pace and limited midfield skills is not what we want.

The Hawks have Croad so why would they trade for OP crippled defender who lacks pace?

Given we have Davey, Maric and Wona, why would we give up Frawley for limited forward opportunist that does not have the pace to get a run in a slow St Kilda midfield. Lack of pace and limited midfield skills is not what we want.

With Rivers, it's like i said RR, high risk/high reward. And Rivers would fit perfectly in their backline, zoning off and playing that spoiling role, while Croad takes the big forwards.

I don't know why Armitage doesn't get a run with the Saints, seems to play pretty well when he gets a chance. I didn't think pace was an issue, and if it is, why would they have taken him with their first pick in 06 when that was an area they lacked in?

With Rivers, it's like i said RR, high risk/high reward. And Rivers would fit perfectly in their backline, zoning off and playing that spoiling role, while Croad takes the big forwards.

I don't know why Armitage doesn't get a run with the Saints, seems to play pretty well when he gets a chance. I didn't think pace was an issue, and if it is, why would they have taken him with their first pick in 06 when that was an area they lacked in?

They wont give pick 13-16 on Rivers and they are certainly not crying out for that sort of player.

In regard to the Saints, you may well ask why. The increased pace of the game has exposed many of their "stars" as players who lack pace and dont work hard enough off the ball.

Armitage slow opportunistic forward? what are you watching? Was QLD's u/18 captain, taken pick 9 in a good draft, and has wraps on him to a young michael voss!

It comments like that that suggest hyberbole is more important than reality. He is not in Voss's orbit. Voss was a something special in the midfield in his first year.

It comments like that that suggest hyberbole is more important than reality. He is not in Voss's orbit. Voss was a something special in the midfield in his first year.

Speaking of orbit....Voss is like Hayleys Comet brey9186............A player like that only comes around every 74 years...

Keep Riv.

Honestly do you think a player crippled with OP for the past two years has any legitimate trade value? Or put it another way would you be happy if MFC chased with a valuable pick a player who had not played any football due to OP for the past two years? I certainly would not.

CJ, Green & Pick 19

for Rob Warnock and Fremantles first pick?

Never going to happen :lol:

This should be rule 1 when posting silly unrealistic trades.

I don't believe in trading Green or Rivers. CJ and Bruce, though, can go if the price is right. Basically, if a first round pick is on the table, go for it.

Tell him he's dreaming. B)

Honestly do you think a player crippled with OP for the past two years has any legitimate trade value? Or put it another way would you be happy if MFC chased with a valuable pick a player who had not played any football due to OP for the past two years? I certainly would not.

Me neither. If we were to let him go, we wouldn't get what we know he's worth, so basically we'd make a loss.

Tell him he's dreaming. B)

If we at demonland didn't dream, there wouldn't be a demonland.

Well there is a lot of rumours going around CJ has been told he will be traded to Freo.

Read ology for more

I read that thread, mousey, probably just Bluey starting a rumour. Because CJ is from Western Australia just intensifies the rumour. Still, if it frees up PSD pick No.1 and doesn't effect our draft picks, it wouldn't suprise me.

We wont get anything worthy for him. Its worth keeping him cause if he gets past his injuries, he will return to the fantastic form of his first 2 years.

We wont get anything worthy for him. Its worth keeping him cause if he gets past his injuries, he will return to the fantastic form of his first 2 years.

No one would sensibly bid for him given his fitness problems regardless of a Doctor's clean bill of health and the words if and may would suit your hopes for him.

No one would sensibly bid for him given his fitness problems regardless of a Doctor's clean bill of health and the words if and may would suit your hopes for him.

Doesnt make sense.

I dont want anyone to bid for him?

Some more evidence about CJ rumour- This guy from ology usually says correct things-

I spoke to a current player about this rumour who confirmed the club has asked CJ if he would be interested in a trade to a WA club.

CJ doesn't want to leave the club.

Full stop.

CJ has to agree to a deal for the trade to take place.

After hearing that as a player you must think to yourself- If they dont really want me maybe i should look to get traded home?