Mock Trades

Jerry Lundergard

So how do you address our forward line which was statistically the worst?

JACK WATTS ;)

WATTS will still be 2 years away from making any sort of real impact though

I do see the need to get SOMEONE in the forward line, but a player of that age is not the answer.

Maybe Newton will come to life & stop playing like the Tin Man.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's not in Adelaide's future plans, why would he be in ours?

He'll be retiring just as we start pushing for finals.

Pointless to pick him up IMO, but it'll never happen anyhow - refer Bailey's comments re: youth policy.

How about Bell for Greg Bentley. 21 games and he's under 23.

No way would we do that trade with Adelaide unless Bell wanted out badly. To lose a youngish player headed towards his prime, who was a highish draft pick, who we've put years of work into to get his body right, who has shown he is a brilliant defender when on song (2007 he was out best defender), and has potential to play midfield later in his career....for a 27 year old hack.

No thanks.

No way would we do that trade with Adelaide unless Bell wanted out badly. To lose a youngish player headed towards his prime, who was a highish draft pick, who we've put years of work into to get his body right, who has shown he is a brilliant defender when on song (2007 he was out best defender), and has potential to play midfield later in his career....for a 27 year old hack.

No thanks.

Wow thats a lot of praise for demonland's most criticised player of 2008.

Yes McGregor may not be the answer, but I feel a trade of some sort may be beneficial for both parties. Remember Adelaide rate Bell so may offer an attractive package.

Yes McGregor may not be the answer, but I feel a trade of some sort may be beneficial for both parties. Remember Adelaide rate Bell so may offer an attractive package.

Yeah, part of MFC's problem is holding onto players that have shown a glimpse but don't perform on a consistent basis.

You can't say Bell hasn't had ample opporunity.

Bailey did give him big wraps towards the end of the year for his competitiveness, but i sense that's just the wily old fox trying to push up Bell's market value.

Guest paxino27
Yeah, part of MFC's problem is holding onto players that have shown a glimpse but don't perform on a consistent basis.

You can't say Bell hasn't had ample opporunity.

Bailey did give him big wraps towards the end of the year for his competitiveness, but i sense that's just the wily old fox trying to push up Bell's market value.

Last I read Bell was keen on trying to break into Melbourne's leadership group and Bailey pointed him out as one of our better players for the last two matches of the year so I'd have thought he'd be staying. If Green on the otherhand is to go, hopefully they could package him maybe with pick 17 to see if we can get another pick inside the top 10?

Last I read Bell was keen on trying to break into Melbourne's leadership group and Bailey pointed him out as one of our better players for the last two matches of the year so I'd have thought he'd be staying. If Green on the otherhand is to go, hopefully they could package him maybe with pick 17 to see if we can get another pick inside the top 10?

Yeah, like i said - Bailey talking him up to increase trade value

Not gonna happen with Green.. and don't you think that's a lot to give up just to move up a few places in the draft?

You do realise draft picks aren't a sure thing, even when they are a top 10 pick??

Luke Molan ... Luke Molan ... Luke Molan ... Luke Molan ... Luke Molan ... Luke Molan ...

Guest Teddii

For me, Mcgregor is definitely a no go. He's too similar to Dutchy and we all know how that turned out.

I reckon we chase Reilly. If they do rate Bell, then I'm thinking Bell and pick 35 for Reilly or Bell and pick 19 for Reilly and their 2nd or 3rd round pick. They should repay the favour of us giving them Thommo!!!

Guest skipper3

I know I may be on my pat malone here - but I would be a bit dissapointed if we traded Bell. I like him in the backline (yes he does get caught a bit with the ball), but I would rather players like him to get caught at least having a go & running than been stagnate & getting caught. Yes, he may have his limitations as a footballer - but he has a crack.

Now I'll sit back & wait for the barrage of people who will try & shoot me down.

no i totally agree with you, shame more people like him nad buckley dont take the game on and run hard. but ah well, yeah his disposal is what lets him down more than getting caught

just reilly would be good

so i'd trade bell for him

For me, Mcgregor is definitely a no go. He's too similar to Dutchy and we all know how that turned out.

I reckon we chase Reilly. If they do rate Bell, then I'm thinking Bell and pick 35 for Reilly or Bell and pick 19 for Reilly and their 2nd or 3rd round pick. They should repay the favour of us giving them Thommo!!!

Reilly, I would imagine would be a required player for Adelaide. But hypothetically, if they really do rate Bell. Swap them. Reilly hasn't had the best of years. So why give them a pick?

Guest paxino27

How about a nice and simple one. Bell for Thomson from Port Adelaide? Think the only way that we can get Warnock now is if a deal between Carlton and Fremantle falls through and we get him in the pre-season draft.

How about a nice and simple one. Bell for Thomson from Port Adelaide? Think the only way that we can get Warnock now is if a deal between Carlton and Fremantle falls through and we get him in the pre-season draft.

Don't you know how the AFL works? Why be simple when you can be overly-complex??

Have you not seen the new interchange setup?!??

For the first time in my 38 years we actually have depth in our key defensive stocks and people want to trade it away!

If Rivers body does get right he will again be one of our most important players. Keep Frawley and see if he can develop and free up Garland to go to the wing or up forward if required -gives us important flexibility.

For the first time in my 38 years we actually have depth in our key defensive stocks and people want to trade it away!

And yet this defence - whilst mostly young and inexperienced - is considered the worst in the league and has more leaks than a human sieve. It needs repairing.

Guest paxino27

In order to get Carroll out of the squad and make the deal appealing enough for another club to go for how about Carroll and pick 51 to Hawthorn for pick 49? Gets us to have a pick two earlier and Hawthorn do like tough players.

In order to get Carroll out of the squad and make the deal appealing enough for another club to go for how about Carroll and pick 51 to Hawthorn for pick 49? Gets us to have a pick two earlier and Hawthorn do like tough players.

Hardly a reason to jump for joy getting a pick - two picks earlier!

:huh: Is Carroll tough?

Can't see anyone wanting Carroll.