Changes V Footscray

w00dy

The match ups could work like this, no need to drop Martin.

Bartram Martin Wheatley

Akermanis Minson Welsh

Whelan Warnock Garland

Giansiracusa Hahn Murphy

Out: Mclean, Bode

In: Morton, Newton

Brad Johnson will play forward for the Doggies. Whelan will struggle with BJ so I would play Bruce on him. Newton is still well short of a gallop and from all reports needs to sustain his application. He has the ability. Needs to back it up. I would play a fit (if fit) Junior in preference to Newton.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartram is another option for Aker. I reckon Dunn is more likely to tag Cooney as he is IMO their most damaging attacking midfielder.

Bruce on Johnson. He's done it successfully before. He has the stamina and one on one strength to go with Johnson and the ability to damage going the other way.

I agree Nasher. Dunn will have first crack at Cooney. It will be a real test for Dunn. Cooney is class and will punish Dunn if he is not on his game. Good summary on Bruce.

Bruce on Johnson. He's done it successfully before. He has the stamina and one on one strength to go with Johnson and the ability to damage going the other way.

Double edged sword this one. Agree that he does a great job on Johnson but it takes away so much from our drive through the midfield into the forward line. Despite his disposal issues he does bring class and ingenuity to the fall of the footy and if he is having a really good game on the ball we are usually not too far away.

Brad Johnson will play forward for the Doggies. Whelan will struggle with BJ so I would play Bruce on him. Newton is still well short of a gallop and from all reports needs to sustain his application. He has the ability. Needs to back it up. I would play a fit (if fit) Junior in preference to Newton.

It would be intriguing to speak to the young man (Newton) about what he wants.

It would be intriguing to speak to the young man (Newton) about what he wants.

I would like him to sign up on demonland and give us a brief message of, [censored] off none of you know me and what im thinking so stop judging.

I would like him to sign up on demonland and give us a brief message of, [censored] off none of you know me and what im thinking so stop judging.

That's because every time i've seen him play he doesn't think. Or chase...

Not judging at all, and not saying it is any of my business becasue it isn't. Every club has an enigma that creates interest among the faithful.

In: Morton, Frawley

Out: McLean, Davey

As much as i love Garland as key backman and look forward to seeing him there in the future years, this could be a good game to experiment with Garland down forward or on a wing/HF.

The Bulldogs rotate alot of players through their forward line, so we need to have some versatile backmen who can play on bigs and smalls which Martin and Frawley can do, but which may leave Warnock without a matchup if they go small. Garland is probably the perfect matchup for Murphy, who has always played well against us, even when we were beating them, so if we went this way we would definitely have one defender too many.

I'd like to see Dunn have a crack at Cooney. One of the 3 best mids in the competetion this year, and we want Dunn to put the clamps on the oppositions best midfield player week in, week out.

Bartram is another option for Aker. I reckon Dunn is more likely to tag Cooney as he is IMO their most damaging attacking midfielder.

Interestingly Bartram played his very first game for the Dees on Aker in a pre-season game 2 years ago, and played very well on him on a wing/half back. I think he will

start on him. With McLean now out, we will need Bruce's drive in the midfield, Johnson hasn't been in great form of late and Warnock has the pace to go with him.

Garland athletically is very similar to Murphy so will take him. Not sure of a matchup for Martin may sit out this week.

Ins: McDonald, Morton, Yze (and as its a Sunday add White, Newton and Frawley to the mix)

Outs: Martin, McLean, Davey

I think Bartram on Aker is worth a shot.

Johnson hasnt been in great form of late and Warnock has the pace to go with hi.

Garland athletically is very similar to Murphy so will take him. Not sure of a matchup for Martin may sit out this week.

What about Minson?

I think Bartram on Aker is worth a shot.

What about Minson?

I havent seen many dogs games this year, I know he's been earmarked as a 'forward' this year, but has he really spent much time there, or is he still

a 2nd ruckman coming off the bench? I guess 12 goals so far is a reasonable return for him, so yeah maybe you're right.

Welsh has been beaten in the past by Daniel Bell, he looms as the danger man as these kind of players always have days out against us.

In: Morton, Frawley

As much as i love Garland as key backman and look forward to seeing him there in the future years, this could be a good game to experiment with Garland down forward or on a wing/HF.

I understand what your saying but looking at how horribly wrong the Miller Experiment went I would be loathe to try this.

Johnson - Bruce (or Dunn?)

Murphy - Garland

Minson - Martin

Welsh - Warnock

Aker - Whelan (or Bartram or Dunn)

Release Wheatley onto a wing

No need for Frawley

IN: Morton, 1 of Yze or Maric (depending if DB is looking forward or backwards!)

OUT: McLean, Davey

In: McDonald, Morton

I would also be happy with Frawley for Martin if coaches go that way, I'm not sure what is best for their development at this stage.

Newton needs to back it up for longer at Sandy.

Bode is saved by 2 forced changes to a winning team. He must make some sort of impact this week with Petterd almost ready.

Bode is saved by 2 forced changes to a winning team. He must make some sort of impact this week with Petterd almost ready.

Absolutley agree. His time is now. The next 2 or 3 weeks are going to be so important for him for his career aspirations.

Johnson - Bruce (or Dunn?)

Murphy - Garland

Minson - Martin

Welsh - Warnock

Aker - Whelan (or Bartram or Dunn)

Release Wheatley onto a wing

No need for Frawley

IN: Morton, 1 of Yze or Maric (depending if DB is looking forward or backwards!)

OUT: McLean, Davey

No point playing Yze, doesn't come close to fitting with new team style or ethos. He needs to retire.

Maric, close but not quite. Needs more good games at Sandy.

Petterd and Newton are close to getting named as emergencies but are probably 2-3 weeks of good form away

Out: McLean, Bode, ???

In: McDonald, Newton, Morton

B: M.Whelan, M.Warnock, P.Wheatley

HB: B.Green, C.Garland, C.Johnson

C: C.Sylvia, L.Dunn, C.Bruce

HF: M.Bate, M. Newton, A.Davey

F: P. Johnson, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Foll: M. Jamar, C.Bartram, N.Jones

Interchange from: S.Buckley, C.Morton, S.Valenti, S. Martin, J. McDonald

i can't find a 3rd person to drop... would be one of Martin, Valenti, Buckley you would think...

What has Newton done to deserve a recall ? He's been AWOL for weeks...please...at this stage we should be building a forward structure around Bate & Miller :angry:

No point playing Yze, doesn't come close to fitting with new team style or ethos. He needs to retire.

Maric, close but not quite. Needs more good games at Sandy.

Petterd and Newton are close to getting named as emergencies but are probably 2-3 weeks of good form away

So who replaces Davey assuming that McDonald is still injured?

So who replaces Davey assuming that McDonald is still injured?

My guess would be Morton (clearly too good for VFL) and Frawley would come in. No exact replacement for Davey. Maric's form doesn't yet warrant senior selection. Bailey's forcing players to play continued good footy at Sandy before being selected, I doubt he's going to change that policy now.

What has Newton done to deserve a recall ? He's been AWOL for weeks...please...at this stage we should be building a forward structure around Bate & Miller :angry:

He's played for the last couple of weeks at Sandy 1s, actually.

He's played for the last couple of weeks at Sandy 1s, actually.

Yeah, and he's kicked something like 2.4/2 oof and 4.2, hasn't he? I think he's also shown an increased work ethic too. But I don't think the Dogs are the team to play him against. We need a lot of forward pressure against them, so I wouldn't bring him in.