• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trades that could work!!

Tolstoys Nudge

You do realise Bruce is currently the captain don't you. Why on earth would we trade him for a bloke that has struggled to get a game for the last couple of years, and will want out at the end of the year unless he stays in for the remainder of the year. Geelong will realise then have to trade for what they can get. Aint going to be the captain mate.

Additionally why would we trade for Kosi. Injured, no awareness, not really that good. What makes you reckon we could improve him.

As G Lyon said until I hear the rumour that Sylvia wants to go to Adelaide from his own mouth then I will treat it as rubbish. Kid is from Ballarat why would he want to be traded to Adelaide.

And as someone else said CJ will not be delisted at the end of the year, and I doubt Bode will be either. Whelan, Buckley, Newton and Miller will al be there as well. Newton is the only question mark in my opinion if his rumoured attitude is still giving the club problems.

See, this is my point, this blokes tryin to say the opposite, that WERE bein' hard done by!!

Not 1 person is understanding my point, its the CONCEPT!!

These trades are to be treated as an example!!

So many r to narrow minded!

I know its hard to realise, but WERE CRAP!! WE need some change, DONT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY!!

We cant get better with NO CHANGE!!

im not saying, trade 4 players!!

Just 1 of them is progress, trading sylvia for a DEVELOPING FORWARD!! not JUST Tippett!!

I hope u can begin to see where im comin from!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. Jared Rivers has had OP for the past 2 years and has no trade value. Kosi is limited but the Saints will want quality for him. They will commence a huge clean out at year end and why oh why would they chase an honest but limited running tall in Miller.

Sage points RR, until this one which I might just offer my 2 cents worth for again...

If the Saints are looking to get something for Kosi, then Rivers is certainly worth something. He's missed a couple of years, but has had at least 2 good seasons in the past. Kosi is similar, he's missed a couple of seasons but has played good footy in the past...

That said, I've mentioned in recent weeks that I'd rather keep Rivers as the reward we'd get is not worth a rising star winner. Also that the Saints would want a first rounder for Kosi, which we shouldn't give up...

The only reason I thought he'd be a good fit is what Nudge said, that Garland, Warnock and Frawley will be persisted with... and that we are more desperate for a tall, deep, solid marking option that Aussie, Davey and Marric can crumb off... Think Neitz.. only at a ruckman's height with not quite as much pace.

See, this is my point, this blokes tryin to say the opposite, that WERE bein' hard done by!!

These trades are to be treated as an example!!

So many r to narrow minded!

I know its hard to realise, but WERE CRAP!! WE need some change, DONT ACCEPT MEDIOCRITY!!

We cant get better with NO CHANGE!!

im not saying, trade 4 players!!

Just 1 of them is progress, trading sylvia for a DEVELOPING FORWARD!! not JUST Tippett!!

I hope u can begin to see where im comin from!

I don't think were being hard done by. I just think you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why for instance would Adelaide trade Tippett for Col Sylvia a bloke who has done nothing to live up to a pick 5.

Again whay would Saints who seem to be in love with Kosi trade him for a bloke who can't get on the park for the last two years.

Thirdly what value would Bruce (who wont be even offered for trade as he is captain - this is my point) offer to the Cats at his age.

My point is if you really want to put up these types of trades then at least have a small think about what you are saying before you put them up and think about whether the other club would even be remotely interested in picking up the player you are proposing. I was not thinking we were getting ripped off just pointing out to you that clubs don't trade captains

I totally agree with you on a number of points!!!

to be honest, I would think the same, however, for the sake of most of the ppl here, I tilted them our way, so at least they would CONSIDER THE PROSPECT!!

However, they are not ALL totally un-reasonable..

Especially the Petterd 1, the Bell 1..

Sylvia, with a pick could get Tippett if he wanted to go..

Warnock WILL most likely go, his value is about right..

As for Bruce 4 Prismall, it would need to be more complex, like us adding a kid or a pick..

Im more trying to show the concept, and the TYPES of players we need!!

But most ppl here DO over rate our list, thats the problem!!

Nudge if they are one side or lopsided deals, they wont happen and the proposed deals just look somewhere between silly and plain dumb. You are missing what the concept is about and pandering to the myths of the uninformed.

If MFC rates Petterd so highly and has not had the chance to deliver why would MFC shoot him back to Qld. What is the obsession at thinking all Qlders want to go back? Assessment: Silly lacking logic

Tippett is still contracted for another year (and Port) will not want him to go. If they did trade why would they chase an OP scarred, pedestrian footballer and off field issues. Assessment: Dumb

Freo are going to go through one Mother of a clean out so why would they trade Warnock for a couple of over 25 NQRs from a bottom club. Richmond are in the hunt for him. Are they going to over Pettifer and Tivendale? If he is traded he will pull a first round pick or early second round pick. Assessment: Dumb

Unless the kid is a first or second rounder then Geelong wont bat for Prisnall and they dont want Bruce... Assessment: Ditto

The only people that overrate our list are people like you. The other 15 teams know how to rate us and there is not alot of currency there.

Unless the kid is a first or second rounder then Geelong wont bat for Prisnall and they dont want Bruce... Assessment: Ditto

If Pris wants out the cats will have to deal. He is out of contract at end of year and asked to be traded last year.

I don't think were being hard done by. I just think you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why for instance would Adelaide trade Tippett for Col Sylvia a bloke who has done nothing to live up to a pick 5.

Again whay would Saints who seem to be in love with Kosi trade him for a bloke who can't get on the park for the last two years.

Thirdly what value would Bruce (who wont be even offered for trade as he is captain - this is my point) offer to the Cats at his age.

My point is if you really want to put up these types of trades then at least have a small think about what you are saying before you put them up and think about whether the other club would even be remotely interested in picking up the player you are proposing. I was not thinking we were getting ripped off just pointing out to you that clubs don't trade captains

OMG..

Your really tsting my nerve champ..

I have no idea what im talking bout huh.. well wats ur big idea for our list??

Just because u dont agree, which is fine, u dont have to shoot everything down..

FOR THE 6th TIME< THESE TRADES ARE AN INDICATION OF WHAT WE NEED< NOT AN EXACT EXAMPLE!!

I did think them through, but if i posted all the potential trades, we'd be here forever..

To make it even simpler..

Im basically saying, the players i pont out COULD be used as trade bait, and the TARGETS COULD be a rael assistance to our list!

I then made up a few quick MOCK trades to help demonstrate my point, ok!!

WOW!

Sage points RR, until this one which I might just offer my 2 cents worth for again...

If the Saints are looking to get something for Kosi, then Rivers is certainly worth something. He's missed a couple of years, but has had at least 2 good seasons in the past. Kosi is similar, he's missed a couple of seasons but has played good footy in the past...

That said, I've mentioned in recent weeks that I'd rather keep Rivers as the reward we'd get is not worth a rising star winner. Also that the Saints would want a first rounder for Kosi, which we shouldn't give up...

The only reason I thought he'd be a good fit is what Nudge said, that Garland, Warnock and Frawley will be persisted with... and that we are more desperate for a tall, deep, solid marking option that Aussie, Davey and Marric can crumb off... Think Neitz.. only at a ruckman's height with not quite as much pace.

He has OP DD for the past 2 years. That kills his market value....period. While a wonderful reader of the play, Rivers lacks pace and cannot play effectively on larger forwards. He is limited to the type of players he can take.

FFS, potential their best player Luke Ball is crippled by OP so why would they hunt another?

And given the rotten history of soft tissue injuries and major injuries to Maguire it beggars belief they would punt Kosi. If Ross Lyons is going to save his job he wont be trading for NQRs from bottom clubs.

oh now we have to give up a captain and a kid or pick to get a bloke that struggles to get a game. Why not just give Geelong pick 1 for him and be done with it.

Get it through your head about Pris (as I know his family) the kid will leave at years end. Is out of contract and will hold all of the cards. Cats will do what they can to get something for him, but a captain and a pick or a kid is waaaayy over the odds.

Adrian, you might have some mail on Prisnall. I dont know.

However dont get carried away with the captaincy issue with Bruce. He is expendable for the right deal. But its unlikely Nudge will come close to nailing it!

Nudge if they are one side or lopsided deals, they wont happen and the proposed deals just look somewhere between silly and plain dumb. You are missing what the concept is about and pandering to the myths of the uninformed.

If MFC rates Petterd so highly and has not had the chance to deliver why would MFC shoot him back to Qld. What is the obsession at thinking all Qlders want to go back? Assessment: Silly lacking logic

Tippett is still contracted for another year (and Port) will not want him to go. If they did trade why would they chase an OP scarred, pedestrian footballer and off field issues. Assessment: Dumb

Freo are going to go through one Mother of a clean out so why would they trade Warnock for a couple of over 25 NQRs from a bottom club. Richmond are in the hunt for him. Are they going to over Pettifer and Tivendale? If he is traded he will pull a first round pick or early second round pick. Assessment: Dumb

The only people that overrate our list are people like you. The other 15 teams know how to rate us and there is not alot of currency there.

Again, I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Petterd MAY want to go back to QLD, Sherman is the TYPE we need, thus = it COULD work

Please refer to my last post above, its not meant to be taken so literally!!

IMO real opinion, yes these trades would bever happen, they need fine tuning, ie:

Petterd to Bris for Sherman,

However,

I do think 1 or 2 of them ae more than fair!

Warnock, would really only command a 3rd rounder, take or leave carroll,

Bell for Stewart is also quite fair..

and u must remember, u need to give 2 receive!

I dont think you understand the basic concept of trading for a deal.

Nor have you any nous for or done any meaningful research over other Clubs list to at least understand their needs or where they are at.

Going by your "concept" Jace Bode for Jonathan Brown is a possibility.

OMG..

Your really tsting my nerve champ..

I have no idea what im talking bout huh.. well wats ur big idea for our list??

Just because u dont agree, which is fine, u dont have to shoot everything down..

FOR THE 6th TIME< THESE TRADES ARE AN INDICATION OF WHAT WE NEED< NOT AN EXACT EXAMPLE!!

I did think them through, but if i posted all the potential trades, we'd be here forever..

To make it even simpler..

Im basically saying, the players i pont out COULD be used as trade bait, and the TARGETS COULD be a rael assistance to our list!

I then made up a few quick MOCK trades to help demonstrate my point, ok!!

WOW!

This is where you don't get it CHAMP

You want to trade bloke we haven't been able to get on the park for two years due to injury and expect to get gold in return. And then when you get shot down you claim they are only examples.

Seriously mate think about this. If you were the Adelaide recruiters and Melbourne walked up to you at trade time and said we would like to trade for one of your promising key forwards and in return we will give you a bloke who has seriously bad OP so much so that he hasn't been able to play all that often since being at our club. Oh and by the way he has a couple of social problems and really hasn't delivered on his potential.

And then if you haven't stopped laughing in your role as Adelaide recruiter quickly switch hats to become the St Kilda recruiter and imagine wht you would say to the Melbourne recruiter that ambles up to you and says hey have I got a deal for you. A bloke not quite big enough to be CHB that has had crippling OP for at least two years plus a bloke who has never really found a home at either end of the ground but looks just alright as CHF in exchange for one of your alleged better players.

See the point is that it is all well and good to think up trades and I agree some of those players you want in would help our list. Why not go the whole hog though and trade Rivers and Miller for Franklin and Bruce for Ablett Jnr cause you know what both of those trades are as stupid as the ones you have proposed.

What is the point of proposing trades if they are not an exact example ?????

and u must remember, u need to give 2 receive!

I think you overlooked this.

So far in most cases you have given up crap to the other party to obtain quality. Thats why its dumb.

None of your trades need fine tuning because they all are fundamentally flawed or in the case of Petterd you are trading for trades sake.

Warnock is out of contract, so he will either engineer a favoured trade with the Club he wants to go to or go to the PSD. If he wants to come to Melbourne then we should be winning the spoon and getting him to go through the PSD. If wants to go at market then if Cameron Wood is anything to go by then he is sub pick 20 easy.

Im just sick of some who judge everything badly, they bag anyone who says sumthin differant, and it seems if they had their way, NOTHING WOULD EVER ACTUALLY CHANGE!!!

Reread my post, I didn't bag you nor your opinions, I just think that we have a pretty good opportunity to get a couple of good picks very cheaply

This is where you don't get it CHAMP

You want to trade bloke we haven't been able to get on the park for two years due to injury and expect to get gold in return. And then when you get shot down you claim they are only examples.

Seriously mate think about this. If you were the Adelaide recruiters and Melbourne walked up to you at trade time and said we would like to trade for one of your promising key forwards and in return we will give you a bloke who has seriously bad OP so much so that he hasn't been able to play all that often since being at our club. Oh and by the way he has a couple of social problems and really hasn't delivered on his potential.

And then if you haven't stopped laughing in your role as Adelaide recruiter quickly switch hats to become the St Kilda recruiter and imagine wht you would say to the Melbourne recruiter that ambles up to you and says hey have I got a deal for you. A bloke not quite big enough to be CHB that has had crippling OP for at least two years plus a bloke who has never really found a home at either end of the ground but looks just alright as CHF in exchange for one of your alleged better players.

See the point is that it is all well and good to think up trades and I agree some of those players you want in would help our list. Why not go the whole hog though and trade Rivers and Miller for Franklin and Bruce for Ablett Jnr cause you know what both of those trades are as stupid as the ones you have proposed.

What is the point of proposing trades if they are not an exact example ?????

Thankyou,

Now that makes sense, and I can see the real issue..

Yes, if I knew I was gunna be taken this literally, I would have come up with some better examples..

I was just sitting here, and thought, who can we trade, and what do we need..

You are wrong with 1 thing though,

I know other clubs lists, i know our lists, but I can see why ppl may think thats false..

i suppose I should of just left out the examples or studied it properly!!

ie:

Sylvia could be traded to Adelaide, but yes tippett would not be the player we could realistically receive.. perhaps someone more of the Vince ilk, but thats not what we need, so i just added Tippett to demonstate what we need..

To get someone like Prismall, we would need to give Bruce plus a decent younger player around the 20-23 age, but we dont really have any1 to suit a fair deal, it would either be too good for them, or not good enough..

Bruce to Hawthorn for someone like Morton or Kennedy is more likely, and makes more sense..

in essence, I see where MOSt of u are coming from,

Thus:

We need to use our trades wisely,

I would consider trading: Bruce, Green, Rivers, Petterd, Bell etc for players of Pace, A forward presence and/or good disposal..

IE: players like: Sherman, Stewart, Tippet, Prismall and so on..

But as I know all too well, striking a deal, no matter how good it looks is very hard!! VERY hard!!

If you think Bell for Stewart is fair you are kidding yourself, one is a panicking tryer, the other a guy who is tall, can run, kick and is assured with the football in his hand. Power would accept only a 1st rounder for Paul Stewart, but he;'s probably off limits

3) Ricky Petterd to Brisbane in exchange for Justin Sherman

Sherman is out of favour, and could be up for trade, he has shown a lot of talent, and has good pace, a change of scenery is just what he needs, Ricky is also a good prospect, but is a type we have a bit of..

How the hell is Justin Sherman "out of favour"?

He has played most games for Brisbane this year and is playing well as a tagger. He missed this week due to a back injury.

Does that make him out of favour?

How the hell is Justin Sherman "out of favour"?

He has played most games for Brisbane this year and is playing well as a tagger. He missed this week due to a back injury.

Does that make him out of favour?

Well, he had a stellar 06..

Was a free running midfielder who kicked goals..

Robert Walls said he was out of favour earlier i the year, and that he would of been traded had the suitable deal come along..

Its also mentioned Brisbane were out of favour with him in the AFL prospectus..

So, yeah.. nice one mate..

Well, he had a stellar 06..

Was a free running midfielder who kicked goals..

Robert Walls said he was out of favour earlier i the year, and that he would of been traded had the suitable deal come along..

Its also mentioned Brisbane were out of favour with him in the AFL prospectus..

So, yeah.. nice one mate..

Oh well if it was in the AFL prospectus....

I suppose the fact he has played most games this year indicates he is out of favour?

And I suppose an article from the Lions last year also indicated he was out of favour and on the trade table: Lions CEO Michael Bowers said the club was aware Sherman had attracted interest from several lowly placed Melbourne clubs but stressed the 20-year-old Tasmanian was a required player.

"At this stage he is a contracted player and we are looking forward to his 2008 season," Bowers said.

Leigh Matthews also said he was a required player. But that's right, Walls is the coach of Brisbane isn't he?

He was never on the trade table even when a few Melbourne clubs and Sydney came hunting, and I struggle to see why he would be this year after a much better season to 07.

So, yeah... nice one mate...

CJ is contracted. He can't be delisted.

Other than that, this thread makes perfect sense :rolleyes::P

Yes he can. Regardless of contract status, no single player is 'exempt' from delisting. If youre crap, u can get delisted!

Obviously we would have to pay his contract out though. Not saying we should necessarily, i've been quite impressed with him since he got back into the team. Just making the point that guys like CJ, Jamar and Meesen, who are all contracted next year, are not completely safe from the axe.

Although the MFC isnt exactly in a position to be paying guys contracts out, even low-profile players. But it is possible...

edit: I'm not 100% sure, but i believe the only contracts that a club cannot pay-out are 2-year contracts given to draftee's and rookie's who have been drafted interstate.