Dumb Selections v Swans

Cranky Franky

I see that Morton & Yze have been dropped & Jamar & Whelan have been brought in. I have no problem with Yze & Morton as they were poor last week however Jamar's elevation is a totally dumb decision given that the Swans only have Jolly as a ruckman backed up by part timer Roberts -Thompson. This means we will be top heavy & the Swans will run us ragged.

Valenti is an emergency. With Moloney injured we badly needed another on baller who will tackle & be at the bottom of every pack so Valenti should of been a lay down misere.

Bode is not worth his place in the side but I can understand the coach playing him & Chris Johnson for a few games to see if they are up to it.

But Jamar in the side instead of Valenti ---dumb dumb dumb.

That is really poor selection, Jamar will offer the same he does at this level every time, not a whole lot!

Whelan in is a good one as he is a good player, but I agree Valenti would be suited to a game against the swans, what are we going for the old beat them with height with Jamar in?

Jamar will ruck and PJ will play forward, giving us that target that we lacked against the tigers last week...

i would've brought in Valenti for Bode as well, but at least he's giving bode a real crack at finding his feet...

I get a little bemused by how quickly people want some things to happen.

We know what Morton is capable, and know he has 10 years to show it to us. He's had a tough few weeks, so what harm is there in dropping him?

Last week we lacked a big body who could go forward and force a contest, with Jamar in it frees PJ up.

We will have to make quite a few trades/delistings at the end of the year, why not find out where a lot of the middle of the road players stand?

Swapping an out of form young midfielder for a big body who must be judged (possibly for the final time) at AFL level, is not such a horrible result.

Good to see Bode and CJ stick around.

I agree that Valenti should be getting a run, and this is possibly the game for him. If indeed he is going to Canberra i can certainly see him slipping in for a late withdrawal. But he along with Morton has a long time left, Jamar does not. Perhaps Bailey sees a matchup that Jamar can exploit... I don't know, but i also think guys like Shane have been on DB's radar all year and he isn't ignoring them.

is manuka small? if so extra runners might not be as important, but marking forward targets might be...

i dont like jamar, and dont think he has much to offer, but he can mark a ball. whats the swans defence like? does the addition of one of jamar of PJ up forward offer us an advantage? does jolly have what it takes to go all day? does asking PJ and white to ruck together all day mean that jolly wont be able to stop either and that the swans 'loose man' in defence is actually responsible for the extra ruckman floating a kick in front of play to offer a link forward?

Not everything is as clear as you two see things

Jamar will ruck if he plays (depends on the weather)

Johnson will play as a tall forward or on Hall as a defender (gorrilla)]

Valenti over with the team I think

is manuka small? if so extra runners might not be as important, but marking forward targets might be...

i dont like jamar, and dont think he has much to offer, but he can mark a ball. whats the swans defence like? does the addition of one of jamar of PJ up forward offer us an advantage? does jolly have what it takes to go all day? does asking PJ and white to ruck together all day mean that jolly wont be able to stop either and that the swans 'loose man' in defence is actually responsible for the extra ruckman floating a kick in front of play to offer a link forward?

The ground is 2.5 meters longer than the MCG and 2.6 meters narrower. PJ will play as the tall forward.

No its not small, surface bigger than MCG if I remember right - used to play it years ago. Excellent surface, but has centre wicket area.

I have already vented my spleen re Valenti's omission. :wub:

In the manner of being proactive towards season 2009.. I think they are reasonable selections ;):rolleyes:

or maybe fatten a few turkeys for the table :)

It would be nice to see Valenti get more games but I'm not overly concerned, in Jamar's situation perhaps Bailey wants to have one last look at him before delisting him at the end of the season.

I think he has another year on his contract after this but agree with the sentiment.