Casey Up-date

demon3165

Whisper is that we've agreed to terms and the deal has been done, just needs to be inked. Will be made official in the next few days

Heard from someone at the scorpions, same thing reported on BF also from a source at scorps.

I wonder what we did actually agree to? Hopefully not a straight 30 years..we'd be amatuers contractually if so :huh:

ought to be interesting none the less to see it finally announced and put to bed. Would expect an announcemtn re Scorps to follow on its hells then.

If its ok with all..shall defer til whisper becomes a shout !! ;)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Golgothan
I wonder what we did actually agree to? Hopefully not a straight 30 years..we'd be amatuers contractually if so :huh:

ought to be interesting none the less to see it finally announced and put to bed. Would expect an announcemtn re Scorps to follow on its hells then.

If its ok with all..shall defer til whisper becomes a shout !! ;)

Fair enough, i'd be sceptical as well. Just good to hear something

Don't know anything about terms, all i got was that it's been done.

Fair enough, i'd be sceptical as well. Just good to hear something

Don't know anything about terms, all i got was that it's been done.

I dont doubt youve heard something..its whether the something is set in concrete yet !!

I don't know why a 30 year commitment is such a big deal.

There is absolutely no point in going out there at all - if it is not to build a long-term supporter base in a growth corridor. If we are going to 'umm and arr 'about it - we might as well give the whole thing away.

We desperately need a permanent home with permanent facilities-. If we are not prepared to commit to Casey, then we should shelve it and find somewhere else - but for goodness sake let's hurry up . We've been hopping from ground to ground for 50 years!

so is this what we want...

for the next couple of years, we will train at casey and also have our admin there

-then, when the bubble dome is complete, we will train in the bubbledome and at gosh's paddock with our admin in the bubble dome, however, a couple of times a week we will train at casey to promote melbourne in that area and do community stuff there

and also train there every summer??

sounds ok, but i dont get why the bubble dome wont be sufficient for summer because victory and storm wont be using gosh's paddock?? or is it to free up the weights and pool areas etc for victory??

so many questions?

and whats happening with the mcc?

whats happening with our away strip? our logo?

how much debt are we in???????????????? etc etc

I don't know why a 30 year commitment is such a big deal.

You have to understand...its not like we would be looking to abscond after 10 years but signing an agreement to certain terms for 30 is really quite foolhardy in this day and age. You would want to agree to options of ten by ten by ten etc. This gives some lattitute without the immense exposure fiscally should something not quite go as planned

Its not that its 30 years..its possibly that its in one lump!! Theres a huge difference

so is this what we want...

for the next couple of years, we will train at casey and also have our admin there

-then, when the bubble dome is complete, we will train in the bubbledome and at gosh's paddock with our admin in the bubble dome, however, a couple of times a week we will train at casey to promote melbourne in that area and do community stuff there

and also train there every summer??

sounds ok, but i dont get why the bubble dome wont be sufficient for summer because victory and storm wont be using gosh's paddock?? or is it to free up the weights and pool areas etc for victory??

so many questions?

and whats happening with the mcc?

whats happening with our away strip? our logo?

how much debt are we in???????????????? etc etc

The bubble dome won't be sufficient for summer because we are trying to build links with a community. Therefore it makes sense to be 'local' all year round. Particularly when the kiddies are on school holidays so get more time to get along to training.

don't know about the other stuff - all good questions though.

The bubble dome won't be sufficient for summer because we are trying to build links with a community. Therefore it makes sense to be 'local' all year round. Particularly when the kiddies are on school holidays so get more time to get along to training.

don't know about the other stuff - all good questions though.

That's right, Casey isn't about facilities, the Bubble dome will be absolutely fine with that, Casey is about establishing a community link and the fact is that we can't do that over 2 years. We need to be there for a minimum of 10 years to truly build the connection with Casey, this 30 year agreement i'm not sure about but i'll let TPtB decide on the best course of action. We can't go at this half-assed.

A quick question for those who know the answer:

Do Casey Fields and/or Gosch's Paddock host cricket matches during the summer?

If not, do they (either oval) have permanent goal posts through the summer?

No cricket on either, goal posts on both all year round.

Guest Golgothan

Not exactly a Casey topic, it does mention Casey, but what going on with the rectangular stadium & future training arrangements? Does anyone know if we've actually signed anything or are we just watching from the sidelines waiting to get onboard once we know that it's not a lame duck? Last thing i remember coming from the club was Jimmy saying that we're still involved, but i don't ever remember hearing anything concrete about it

I could be crap, but they were some worrying things printed in the age today.

....and the new rectangular stadium set to become the home of Melbourne Victory, Melbourne Storm and potentially the Melbourne Football Club.

--------------

Although it was once mooted that the Demons would share the training venue with Collingwood, that possibility appears certain not to eventuate and even the prospect of Melbourne having a training venue within the Olympic Park precinct has become more remote.

The Demons will start training at their new ground at Casey early next month.

Can anyone set me straight about something i (& maybe this journalist) missed? Or are we all being kept in the dark, as usual, by the club? I'm really starting to tire of this endless crap about the club that we do little to quash, I know lots of it may just be fabricated, but there's only so much you can hear before it starts to play on your mind and you wonder whether maybe it is true

Not exactly a Casey topic, it does mention Casey, but what going on with the rectangular stadium & future training arrangements? Does anyone know if we've actually signed anything or are we just watching from the sidelines waiting to get onboard once we know that it's not a lame duck? Last thing i remember coming from the club was Jimmy saying that we're still involved, but i don't ever remember hearing anything concrete about it

I could be crap, but they were some worrying things printed in the age today.

Can anyone set me straight about something i (& maybe this journalist) missed? Or are we all being kept in the dark, as usual, by the club? I'm really starting to tire of this endless crap about the club that we do little to quash, I know lots of it may just be fabricated, but there's only so much you can hear before it starts to play on your mind and you wonder whether maybe it is true

This has been gone over in a bit more detail in the 'Caro Wilson' thread.

Ok..found this in the Dandenong Journal ( happened to be at work ) cant find a link..so bear with me as I transcribe.....

DEMONS Extract "Small Changes "

""The Melbourne Football Club appears keen to come to Cranbourne after gaining extensive "small changes' from Casey, the City of Casey's chief executive Mike Tyler announced last week.

A fortnight ago there were fears the $1.4 Million deal to woo the club to casey Fileds would founder with MFC Interim CEo Peter Spargo telling The Journal it was at loggerheads with Casey over several issues.

However , at last Tuesday's council meeting Mr Tyler said that while the contract was not yet signed, "the MFC are now happy, it appears, to proceed". "It seems things are moving along well."

Mr Tyler said there was no need for council to view th echnages, as a council resolution allowed for solicitor -sanctioned variations to the contract.

"There have been an extensive number of quite small changes." he said.

These included the standard of the construction required and the CPI beiung factored in for costs to the club.

The proposed 30-year term was "stil lthe case for now" But the club's community obligations would be changed to ensure what was required in the first year "is not the same in the 10th year".

In earlier debate councillors voted to approve the agreement for the Casey Scorpions to relocate to Casey Fileds subject to any changes required by solicitors. Mr Tyler revealed there was legal confusion over whether the Scorpions held a lease, which gives exclusive occupation rights, or a licence granting non-exclusive occupation rights.

Cr Mick Morland insisted the issue was just a matter of tidying things up after it wasdiscovered the council could not grant a lease for longer than ten years witout a public notification process.

The Scorpions simply wanted the certainty of knowing they would at least receive a licence if a lease was not granted in 2015. Cr Morland said. During debate it was conceded that the Scorpions could allow the MFC to share tenancy at Casey Fields if the deal with the council failed. ""

Cr Mick Morland insisted the issue was just a matter of tidying things up after it wasdiscovered the council could not grant a lease for longer than ten years witout a public notification process.

gee this sounds familiar for some reason...

Ok..found this in the Dandenong Journal ( happened to be at work ) cant find a link..so bear with me as I transcribe.....

DEMONS Extract "Small Changes "

""The Melbourne Football Club appears keen to come to Cranbourne after gaining extensive "small changes' from Casey, the City of Casey's chief executive Mike Tyler announced last week.

A fortnight ago there were fears the $1.4 Million deal to woo the club to casey Fileds would founder with MFC Interim CEo Peter Spargo telling The Journal it was at loggerheads with Casey over several issues.

However , at last Tuesday's council meeting Mr Tyler said that while the contract was not yet signed, "the MFC are now happy, it appears, to proceed". "It seems things are moving along well."

Mr Tyler said there was no need for council to view th echnages, as a council resolution allowed for solicitor -sanctioned variations to the contract.

"There have been an extensive number of quite small changes." he said.

These included the standard of the construction required and the CPI beiung factored in for costs to the club.

The proposed 30-year term was "stil lthe case for now" But the club's community obligations would be changed to ensure what was required in the first year "is not the same in the 10th year".

In earlier debate councillors voted to approve the agreement for the Casey Scorpions to relocate to Casey Fileds subject to any changes required by solicitors. Mr Tyler revealed there was legal confusion over whether the Scorpions held a lease, which gives exclusive occupation rights, or a licence granting non-exclusive occupation rights.

The Scorpions simply wanted the certainty of knowing they would at least receive a licence if a lease was not granted in 2015. Cr Morland said. During debate it was conceded that the Scorpions could allow the MFC to share tenancy at Casey Fileds if the deal with the council failed. ""

Sounds like professionalism from the MFC. This is good news.

I did read in one of the local papers a few weeks ago that it was going to be today (November 1), but more recently I have see reference to next Thursday (November 6). I have been told that it will be at 8am, although I only have that second hand.

You would think that the club would have a blaze of publicity about it locally, including promoting it as a before school opportunity for kids to welcome the team. I know that the target of establishing in the growth area is the young population, and you can hardly expect them to come before the school clinics are well entrenched, but for the MFC supporting families in the area I reckon it would be a good opportunity to welcome the team to Casey and to get good community photos.

I think, however, unless the club hits the SMS and e-mail real quick, the opportunity will be lost.

gee this sounds familiar for some reason...

Nothing has been "discovered". If you follow the Council reports and the history of the site you would know:

* the Scorpions have a 10 year lease

* the proposed MFC arrangement is for 30 years, with occupancy rights through consecutive licences from the Scorpions (as leaseholder) or from the Council

* the recent report was about providing certainty for the Scorpions that they would at least have a licence from the Council beyond the first 10 years if the Council decides not to provide a new lease.

Cranbourne East to be pushed for earlier build.

As part of the PT4me2 report articles have appeared here Relief Plan for Train Strain and Call to get moving on Transport

The full pt4me2 report can be accessed here pt4me2. Whilst priority is given to bringing forward teh Lynbrook Station, Cranbourne East gets a gong.

Elements noted in Casey are ;

Bring forward construction of Lynbrook Station in Melbourne’s south-east, not due to be completed until at least 2016.

Extend the suburban line from Cranbourne to Cranbourne East and construct a new station at Cranbourne East.

Duplicate the rail line between Cranbourne and Dandenong.

Staff all stations (Hallam and Merinda Park currently have none).

Expand commuter parking at Merinda Park Station, Narre Warren Station and Berwick Station.

Develop a network of high speed/ high frequency bus routes along arterial roads to link activity centres.

Provide Night-rider services in Casey (currently only link out to Dandenong).

So whilst not everything effect Casey Fields specifically many have some bearing or help.

that is all..return to normal programming ;)