MFC its OUR club lets do something

52k2

if you think pres jimbo is going to pull a 10 million dollar cheque out of his jeans your dreaming, so what can we do beside post these things?

1. become members and stay members.

2. if you can afford it buy extra memberships, i know some people cant but some can.

3. if you are a MFC-mcc member use your mcc pass to get into games not the MFC one, a couple of years ago at an agm that was mentioned.

4 dont buy a footy record put the money in a money box[next] for the MFC.

5. PUT ONE DOLLAR A WEEK INTO A MONEY BOX AND GIVE,SEND,POST CARRIER PIGEON I DONT CARE BUT GET IT TO THE MFC.

unlike big sponsers we dont have the big bucks BUT WE DO HAVE THE BIG NUMBERS.

do your maths if only 25% do this a year go figure the total.

its now time to DO not write but DO

did you hear that it was a coin dropping into my MFC tin............DO!!!!!!!!!

im not sure buying extra memberships is the answer. this isnt sustainable. if you are considering this i think a better option is to throw the $100 bucks to the club as a donation...

BOTH actions are needed - we need memberships numbers to attract sponsors, and appease the AFL. We need donations to keep the club functioning. If you can do one of these things that's great. If you can do both, magnificent.

Ivor

im not sure buying extra memberships is the answer. this isnt sustainable. if you are considering this i think a better option is to throw the $100 bucks to the club as a donation...

Although inflated membership numbers do take the media off our backs and attract more sponsors, also if we crack 30,000 in 2 weeks the media will report that we are on our way up already and some much needed excitement will be generated.

I suggest buying a membership, I wish my dad bought me a membership from my birth.

3. if you are a MFC-mcc member use your mcc pass to get into games not the MFC one, a couple of years ago at an agm that was mentioned.

Can anyone else shed some more light on this one? I'm an AFL member so would assume the same situation would apply if this is indeed correct, but interested to hear the rationale behind it and why it would provide more benefit to the MelbourneFC than entry via a club membership would...

Can anyone else shed some more light on this one? I'm an AFL member so would assume the same situation would apply if this is indeed correct, but interested to hear the rationale behind it and why it would provide more benefit to the MelbourneFC than entry via a club membership would...

i think perhaps the mfc already has our mfc membership money, but the more mcc people who attend mfc games the more we get.

in any case, just swipe both at different gates every week. if 1000 members did both each week thats a total of 11000 extra attendances at home games per year.

If you're an AFL member with MFC Club support (which I hope you are, if you're an AFL member!) it may be the same as entering with a MFC membership.

That said, I'd also be interested to hear more about this.

no...you are better off buying memberships than giving small donations

because the club will still get most of the money plus the afl base how teams are going off field on membership numbers

not everything is based on that but memberships is a big thing for the afl

Are raffle books still sent to members early in the season? You know, win a car, plasma TV, meat tray etc.

I may have missed one this year in the general torrent of mail that arrives daily especially if I don't get to the mail first.

I always felt obligated to buy at least a few dollars worth when I got one; never won a cracker but who cares.

It's an old-fashioned fundraiser...but every little bit helps.

if you think pres jimbo is going to pull a 10 million dollar cheque out of his jeans your dreaming, so what can we do beside post these things?

1. become members and stay members.

2. if you can afford it buy extra memberships, i know some people cant but some can.

5. PUT ONE DOLLAR A WEEK INTO A MONEY BOX AND GIVE,SEND,POST CARRIER PIGEON I DONT CARE BUT GET IT TO THE MFC.

unlike big sponsers we dont have the big bucks BUT WE DO HAVE THE BIG NUMBERS.

do your maths if only 25% do this a year go figure the total.

its now time to DO not write but DO

did you hear that it was a coin dropping into my MFC tin............DO!!!!!!!!!

Good thinking but 1 problem

personaly i dont like it...........i think its because i sell them

I just read a post on 'Ology. Apparently there's a $200 raffle.

Now a book of $10.00 tickets I could come at regardless of the odds.

Is this another case of the MFC pitching it too high at the expense of the ordinary member?

A bit like the opening price for the Heroes event that was modified fast after a distinct lack of interest.

The MFC could raffle a couple of chooks at a price I could afford. I'd buy a few.

what about a good old fashioned tin rattle at games. Ideas like sticking money in a box and sending it to the club are good, but the reality is most of us will never really get around to sending it. Rattling tins at the ground (bit like what Tigs did for Save Our Skins) would get all that loose change being handed to the club.

What do people do with the extra memberships they buy? So if you have bought an extra membership to help pout the club does it just sit in the draw at home or is it used?

Maybe we should try and use these extra memberships to kill a few birds with one stone. An idea might be to pool the memberships not used and help under priveldiged kids or recent refugees. By pooling these extra memberships and then taking a group of people to each home game?

A) They will be used

B.) It will add to our actual numbers as games

C) Most importantly it might help out someone who needs a bit of sunshine in there lives.

Taking it a step further maybe we could do that anyway.. Each home game we have a register of memberships that can't be used and this is then used to take people to games?

Just an idea anyway.

REALLY SIMPLE THING TO DO -

WEAR YOUR SCARF, BEANIE, AND ANY OTHER GEAR YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH.

It's been really noticable in Canberra or Sydney, where any AFL fan is pleased to see another, but every time you wear your Melbourne gear it gives a little boost to every other Demons supporter you pass. Sometimes there will be a "Go Demons" as you pass eachother, or whatever. The point is it makes people feel like they are part of something bigger, and something stronger than it seems when you feel alone.

Come on, does anyone here NOT get a little bit of a boost whenever they see a demons scarf?

Think of it as if each time you wear your scarf, you making a dollar donation to the club.