Injuries

MELBOURNE:

David Neitz - Neck - Long-term injury list

Jack Grimes - Back - Long-term injury list

Adam Yze - Achilles - Test

Colin Sylvia - Hamstring - 1-2 weeks

Ricky Petterd - Groin - 3-4 weeks

No mention there of Michael Newton who missed last week or Matthew Whelan who was off after half time at Sandy.

ADELAIDE:

Ben Rutten (glute): Test

Richard Douglas (knee): 4 weeks

Brad Symes (ankle): 2-3 weeks

Trent Hentschel (hamstring): available

Brad Moran (hamstring): 6 weeks

Brent Reilly (wrist): available for round eight.

Nick Gill (hamnstring): available.

Luke Jericho (cracked sternum): available.

Bryce Campbell (ankle): available.

Myke Cook (hamstring): one week.

Greg Gallman (knee): 2 weeks.

Rhett Biglands (knee): The anterior cruciate in his left knee was reconstructed on February 21.

What's a glute?

Well, I know that your 'Gluteous Maximus' is your main butt muscle... because I know someone who referred to it as often as possible.

Compared to last year, where we averaged seven of our notional best 22 missing per round, that's a ridiculous injury list.

We've had a few guys start the year late to ensure a proper return, but this is great, all things considered.

At the end of last year I counted up the games played by the half dozen retired/delisted players, to get a picture of how many opportunities had opened up. If our injury rate is half that of last year, then there's about the same number of games free for kids to come in. As it is, there have been FEWER opportunities for new players this year than last.

Bizarre.

You can add Wheatley to that list. He injured his calf at training late last week. No source, just pure fact. My brother spoke to Bruce so thats how i found out the news. probably will miss this week but will return against the hawks.

Newton was suspended.

Again? He took a week for striking a while ago.

You can add Wheatley to that list. He injured his calf at training late last week. No source, just pure fact. My brother spoke to Bruce so thats how i found out the news. probably will miss this week but will return against the hawks.

That's disappointing. I thought he had a decent impact on the weekend, but saw he didn't get much game time.

Whelan was ill when Bell replaced him against Freo. (not a hammy as first reported) Maybe he was not fully recovered at the Sandy game and ran out of steam or do you suppose he injured himself again???

Well I'm glad Symes and Douglas won't be playing because they have had very good years. I hope Reilly and Gill don't line up as they are both very good players.

For memory, Neitz actually has a reasonable record on Rutten. I'm quite sure he has kicked 5 or 6 on him a few times before. Miller v Rutten will be a different story - we'll really get to see where Millsy is at.