Changes vs Adelaide

Yze_Magic

I know its premature, but lets get the talk rolling seeing as how for the first time this year we can have a real selection discussion

My changes for Round 8 vs Adelaide

In - Sylvia, Buckley

Out - Bruce, Bell

B - Frawley Carroll Garland

HB - Wheatley Rivers Sylvia

C - Morton Jones Davey

HF - Bate Miller Buckley

F - Wonemarri Robertson Green

R - White McLean McDonald

IC - Moloney Warnock Jamar Bartram

Two changes. THe Kid Sylvia an automatic inclusion, and I would like to see Buckley get a run.

Bruce out. Needs a coupe of weeks at Sandy to work on his disposal. Bell out too. Has had a shocker of a year and needs time at Sandy also.

Bartram was lineball, he has been struggling but Ill give him another shot. Almost bought Whelan in for him.

PJ will also be ready. But I had to be realistic, and leave in Jamar who was great against Sandilands.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out: White and any two of Bartram/Bell/McDonald.

In: P. Johnson, Whelan, Dunn.

I think Sunday showed that our ruck duo going forward should be Johnson and Jamar, but only if they both use their physicality to their advantage. White could conceivably be in the team also, rotating out of the back-line, with Johnson and Jamar rotating out of the the forward line.

I know its premature, but lets get the talk rolling seeing as how for the first time this year we can have a real selection discussion

In - Sylvia, Buckley

Out - Bruce, Bell

C - Morton Jones Davey

HF - Bate Miller Buckley

Two changes. THe Kid Sylvia an automatic inclusion, and I would like to see Buckley get a run.

Bruce out. Needs a coupe of weeks at Sandy to work on his disposal. Bell out too. Has had a shocker of a year and needs time at Sandy also.

Bartram was lineball, he has been struggling but Ill give him another shot. Almost bought Whelan in for him.

PJ will also be ready. But I had to be realistic, and leave in Jamar who was great against Sandilands.

Once again youv'e got the finger on the pulse Y_M. But hey why don't we make an example of Bruce and drop him to the Sandy 2's for such a poor game. Let's be "realistic".

drop Bruce... nice one Yze Magic. Over 30 touches for 1 clanger, over 10 touches in the last quarter when we won the game, lets drop him...

My Changes:

In: Whelan, Sylvia, Paul Johnson

Out: Bell, Bartram, Carroll

Tough on carroll, but Warnock has looked good the last two weeks, and we've got enough tall defenders (Rivers, Warnock, Frawley). After Jamar's improved form, I'd like to see he and Paul Johnson ruck together, and White play as a utility. He drops back in the hole well down back, can pinch hit up forward and gets possessions around the ground.

If Sylvia is still injured, Bell keeps his spot.

Are you being funny? There's nothing else funny in your post to suggest it's comedy based. Bruce 'aint getting dropped.

How good would it be to see Bruce win the B&F this year, or a norm smith or something. Just so we could bring it up again and again to discredit you once and for all.

Whelan is straight in. No doubt. Sylvia's form pre-injury was sensational. If he's right bring him in. I want Dunn, Buckley and PJ, but there were only a couple of players on Sunday that struggled. Even Jamar earned the right to stay in.

The problem is, one or all of Jamar, Garland or Warnock could conceivably crash and burn a little bit n the next match. I've seen nothing from Jamar for years now, and I think we ma pay for it by leaving him in the side.

So...

Out: Bartram (just not his best work. Does't deserve it, but who else?), Bell (Not AWFUL, but not great either. Not in his best form, needs to find something)... and MAYBE Morton. He's been just ok, but not scintillating in the last couple of weeks. He may be in need of a rest a la Rivers back when he was a kid?

In: Whelan and Sylvia... both to the backline. Sylvia switching forward when needed. And Morton's replacement? One of Dunn or Buckley... probably Buckley.

How did we come to this? With that side we have Dunn, Bell, PJ, Buckley an Bartram all deserving a game but we can't fit them in!!

Add to that Newton, Holland and Maric that are not too far off... CJ, Martin and Meesen you would think would play games again this year. Particularly CJ who is on his last chance.

An embarrassment of riches down at demonland...

If Sylvia is ready to go, I would have him come in for Batram (who is trying, just needs some time on the seconds to build some form, has not been able to assert himself at the top level). Whelan for Bell If he is fit.

If Sylvia and Wheels are not fit to go, rolling the dice for Buckley and Yze could add a spark. Buckley for Bell, Yze for Batram. Yzes form has not been outstanding, but he ould add some firepower ot this demons side. He is a streaky player who can take over a game. Worth another try at thisstage.

Jamar has earnt his spot for next Game, plus it would be wise to let PJ gain some fitness/form at Sandy.

Moral of the story, Batram and Belly need some time at Sandy (both will play in red and blue later this year)

There isn't a chance in hell they'll drop Bruce.

For one he had a good game on the weekend, besides, the minute he was named acting captain, his chances of being dropped reduced to about 1%.

In: Whelan

Out: Bartram

Poor kid is really struggling to impact games. Maybe he just needs a good confidence boost at Sandy following his horrid injury run.

Realistic!!!

In: Whelan (automatic, he was a late withdrawal)

Sylvia (he is getting there now, if he is fit he will play against Adelaide)

Out: Bell (hopeless at the moment, Whelan will replace)

Garland (I'll admit he was ok on the weekend, nothing major wrong like his other games, except that punch!! But Adelaide are not a side we should go against with a backline of 4 talls.

Whelan Carroll Frawley

Bartram Rivers Bruce

Wheatley Jones Moloney

Davey Miller Bate

Green Robbo Wonaeamirri

White Mclean Mcdonald

Sylvia Warnock Jamar Morton

EMG: Garland Buckley Maric

Bartram and Bell need to go back to Sandy and work on certain areas of their game. I've been saying it for a few weeks now and glad others agree.

Garland and Warnock both earned another game. We played a very tall back half on the weekend but it was still very mobile.

I'd bring in PJ and Sylvia who were both in good form before injury. Remember reading PJ has been doing more running than usual because of his hand so don't think he needs time at Sandy. I'd play PJ forward and allow Jamar and White to continue their good work in the ruck. I'd also like to see Garland go forward at some stage.

Whelan first emergency.

In: P.Johnson, C.Sylvia

Out: C.Bartram, D.Bell

Backs: J.Frawley, N.Carroll, M.Warnock

Half backs: C.Sylvia, J.Rivers, P.Wheatley

Centres: A.Davey, J.McDonald, B.Moloney

Half forwards: M.Bate, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Forwards: B.Green, P.Johnson, R.Robertson

Followers: J.White, C.Bruce, B.McLean

Interchange: C.Garland, M.Jamar, N.Jones, C.Morton

In - Sylvia, Buckley

Out - Bruce, Bell

C - Morton Jones Davey

HF - Bate Miller Buckley

You are a fool, despite Bruce's minor errors he has been terrific, his endeavor is fantastic and will only improve as the season goes on. When he is fully fit and confident he is up there with the best. An asset to the team. Plus you dont change a winning team unless you are forced to do so.

I wouldn't be considering Garland a tall back. Despite the fact his is physically tall he is quick and Bailey has him playing as a small defender. Spent a period on Farmer on Sunday for instance. I would think he is in more direct competition with the likes of bell, whelan and Frawley (who can play both tall and small), then he is with Rivers, Carroll and Warnock.

Out: Bruce??

Surely you're just saying that to be controversial Y_M!!

And I don't agree with Bell being omitted either. He's a tough customer and he gets some great spoils in. I'm a big fan of Bartram, but I'd be dropping him before Daniel Bell.

As for PJ, I think he'll need to come back via Sandy because Kareem Abdul Jamar has been in very good form - he was 1st choice ruckman over White on the weekend.

It's a shame so many people validated Y_M's joke with some attention. Maybe he will realise his joke is getting old if we all ignore it.

Tough decisions for the next game. PJ is better overall than Jamar, but it would be harsh to drop Jamar after two solid weeks. I don't think there is room for White, PJ and Jamar though.

Bell was a late inclusion and didn't do enough to demand selection again next round. I would love to see him released into the midfield though. I really hope that with Garland and Warnock doing some good things and showing some promise for the first time, Bell can be given some time to play midfield for long periods. Maybe a few weeks at Sandy on the ball will open the door for him.

Bartram is still showing a lack of confidence and form. He really made a name for himself as a tagger, but perhaps his engine isn't ready after his long injury.

Morton has played well for his debut year, but maybe needs some time away from the seniors to restore his body and confidence. No need to rush this kid as he is going to be gold for us.

Therefore...

OUT: Jamar, Morton and one of Bell and Bartram

IN: PJ, Sylvia and Whelan

Realistic!!!

In: Whelan (automatic, he was a late withdrawal)

Sylvia (he is getting there now, if he is fit he will play against Adelaide)

Out: Bell (hopeless at the moment, Whelan will replace)

Garland (I'll admit he was ok on the weekend, nothing major wrong like his other games, except that punch!! But Adelaide are not a side we should go against with a backline of 4 talls.

Whelan Carroll Frawley

Bartram Rivers Bruce

Wheatley Jones Moloney

Davey Miller Bate

Green Robbo Wonaeamirri

White Mclean Mcdonald

Sylvia Warnock Jamar Morton

EMG: Garland Buckley Maric

Perfect. Couldn't agree more with those ins and outs. I'd like to see PJ come back but think he'll come back through Sandy, and I couldn't think of anyone else to drop from last week's team to make room for him. :rolleyes:

Will there ever be room in this side for Holland?!

Injury list has Sylvia at 2-3 weeks so may not be available anyway.

PJ could play for Sandy this weekend and be ready to go against Adelaide. He has been doing lots of fitness work since injured to remain where he was. I think it is worth playing him forward and allowing Jamar and White to continue in the ruck.

In light of Sylvia unlikely to play I'll change my selection to:

In: P.Johnson, M.Whelan

Out: C.Bartram, D.Bell

In - Sylvia, Buckley

Out - Bruce, Bell

C - Morton Jones Davey

HF - Bate Miller Buckley

You must have been watching a different game to me - Bruce was fantastic when it mattered last week - agree with Bell however

It's still a fair way off, and who knows what will happen with injuries etc.

However, Bartram's spot is shakey at the moment, and Whelan is likely to come in (assuming he really did miss because of illness).