Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"Start killed us" - Daniher

praha

...and middle.

...and end.

let's not forgot before the game, when you're players had already lost it mentally. They were clearly intimidated by a superb team. Take note. Admit when you're beaten and give respect where respect is due; your team is full of underachieving and spoiled duds who will never achieve what the Eagles have achieved. For once Daniher. Say something of that calibre.

Believe it or not, I need a bit of negetivity from the coach. It will give me closure. I just want to hear, "We were pitiful today." Matthews said it in 01 and his side won a premiership. 3 in fact.

"We will bounce back. We’ve been good at starting games at home; it is on the road where we have struggled. We need to regroup and we get another chance next week."

That's a quote from Danners after the game.

Can anybody tell me what the hell he's talking about??!!

I reckon he's lost the plot.

ahhhh but i thought we were a run and carry team o we could smash the eagles and those at aami stadium

what a great way to spend summer, learn something that ruins your great style last year and you still get flogged over there

Correct me if i'm wrong but when ND was interviewed before the match he said somthing on the lines of - we'll play a tight tag on Kerr but not Judd. We're hoping to run off Judd and hurt them the other way. Hmm, 31 possesions and 3 goals which should have been 5. Great move. Probably the best midfielder ever, why would u give him an inch of space???

For some unknown reason the start and after main break is always dissapointing part of our game.

We always play catch up footy if we win it seems agreat win if we lose it is very frustrating waisted c hances from not being switched on or fully prepared.

Also when we are up afair bit we never finnish of hard always seem to let them back in NO KILLER INSTINCT.

There is no point having a game plan if you cannot hit a target!!

Our skills are as bad as any team in the competition.... we kick to stationary targets, there is no run from behind the ball, we do not shepherd, we do not talk to each other, we play selfishly!

The inability to go man on man or at least stand next to someone in a west coast jumper amazed me... surely if you beat your opponent and a few of you do, then you will be competitive!!

The numbers that they had was amazing - i would have definitely asked for a number count!!

I want us to do the simple things that we had started to over the past two weeks.....

We were very competitive yesterday until they blew the siren, that is the siren to start the game !

We were locked nil - all until then.

From what I listened too Melbourne had only about 2 periods of 5 -10 minutes each when we outscored WC, presumably at those times they took their foot off the gas for a breather.

I agree, ND has to cut the crap comments. Tell us they were woeful, outclassed and skills were shocking. Don't tell us they will bounce back next week. Only actions count now, words mean nothing. Anything short of a win this week is meaningless.

The facts are that, if we had put in the effort we showed the last 2 weeks AND combined that with an AFL standard of skills -especially kicking to a team mate instead of opposition, then we would still be in the finals race, about 4 - 4 or better.

Injuries may have stopped us from being 7 -1 or 6- 2 but poor skills, lack of a game plan and lack of endeavour in several games is what has got us to 0 -8

the ONLY way i can even try to help danners out here, not that i agree with it, is that when we goaled to be 25 down, we'd won the las quarter and a bit by 7 points. having said that, wce shoudl've been about 80 points up at that stage anyway.

i've seen us play worse though i reckon, we at least had patches of pressure footy yesterday, though i have no idea why it couldn't be sustained.

but i won't go abusing them outright, because i've been proud of their endeavour the last two weeks and that doesn't evaporate in one, tough, game.

next sunday is the real test

How much is this absolute genius paid to make this profound insightful observation??

Surely none of us here could have shown such perception. I certainly couldn't have thought it out so clearly - thought it was our injury list, or ground size or shape, or the travel, or that we had had such a crack at it over the previous two weeks. But really, "the start killed us" - wow.

Surely this is a sign that enough is enough - he has hit a brick wall and needs to go, NOW

Given the team is quite clearly had its confidence crushed from the close results of the past two weeks and given the factors leading into this game were at risk of a blow out from a better side.

It would be churlish and unprofessional of ND to attack his players in a media conference. Thank God he is a better person than that. A loss like that eveyone takes the shine for it. Its extremely difficult fielding an injury depleted under skilled team and its taking its toll on everyone at the Club.

Its amazing what people expect to here said at Press conferences.

If there are harsh words to be said. They should be said behind closed doors. Not in a post match press conference.

Given the team is quite clearly had its confidence crushed from the close results of the past two weeks and given the factors leading into this game were at risk of a blow out from a better side.

It would be churlish and unprofessional of ND to attack his players in a media conference. Thank God he is a better person than that. A loss like that eveyone takes the shine for it. Its extremely difficult fielding an injury depleted under skilled team and its taking its toll on everyone at the Club.

If there are harsh words to be said. They should be said behind closed doors. Not in a post match press conference.

I couldn't care less what Daniher says about the players in the media.

I would just like him to take some responsibility for his coaching performances.

I couldn't care less what Daniher says about the players in the media.

I would just like him to take some responsibility for his coaching performances.

I cant believe you think he doesn't.

What do you want him to do in front of the media?

If there has to be issues of responsibililty or failure to do so..it down behind closed doors not in the superficial surroundings of bloodhounds looking for their next headline.

Why are they underskilled?

No it is not.

Ferguson played two minutes. How did he reduce the skill level of the team?

It is sad that you look to a few players missing to try and explain our inability to execute our game plan. Bruce's flat punts and Green's constant thumbling of the pill have nothing to do with McLean and Rivers missing.

These blokes are professionals, but if a couple of players are missing it all falls apart?

Like I said, pfft.

The team as a whole is underskilled by the absence of the key players like McLean Rivers and co.

This is a list of players that played on the weekend:

Bruce

Green

Johnstone

McDonald

Yze

Bate

Davey

Dunn

P.Johnson

Miller

Ferguson

White

Neitz

Brown

Ward

Carroll

etc

Do you understand where I'm headed with this?

This is our team, and this is what defines Daniher's ten years of work. Now what you're saying is because we're missing McLean, Rivers and couple of others this team is under skilled - What about the rest of them? Why are their skills suddenly diminished because we have a couple of injuries?

I sincerely hope we aren't relying on a couple of players for skill because if it's true we're rooted and we need to completely rebuild the squad. Every club has injuries and every club needs to have some sort of depth to be able to win a GF.

No it is not.

Ferguson played two minutes. How did he reduce the skill level of the team?

It is sad that you look to a few players missing to try and explain our inability to execute our game plan. Bruce's flat punts and Green's constant thumbling of the pill have nothing to do with McLean and Rivers missing.

These blokes are professionals, but if a couple of players are missing it all falls apart?

Like I said, pfft.

Well said, if any other team used this as an excuse they'd be the laughing stock of the competition.

My comments about being underskilled is that fact that we have played the majority of the year with a number of key players out or injured.

The examples I gave had little to do with time on the ground but when you take out McLean who capably covers his loss over a wwek absence? Who comes in? Godfrey!

Who do we have on the list that covers Rivers sustained absence? Ferguson, Holland, Bizzell.

Professionalism is not the issue. Godfrey is one of the most professional dedicated footballers you will find. Try as hard as he will he is not that good.

I am not exonerating Daniher and the footy departments responsibility but there is no doubt that the injuries have an impact in the absence of key players and its flow on effect to the rest of the playing group. Its difficult to either implement a match day strategy when you do not have your best tools available.

Losses of that magnitude hit all aspects of the FD.

In addition to thec coaching there are a number of senior players that have lowered their stocks this year and should be comtemplate life after this year.

As I have said elsewhere and for sometime, ND and MFC will part company at year end. As a consequence, a number of players will also go. This should be handled with dignity and respect.

I do not believe the mid season sacking of ND will achieve anything positive either short term or long term for the Club

The examples I gave had little to do with time on the ground but when you take out McLean who capably covers his loss over a wwek absence? Who comes in? Godfrey!

This isn't correct, Godfrey plays a tagger or run-with role, if you want to be that specific he is most likely replacing Bartram. Regardless one or two players shouldn't make such a huge impact onthe skill of the whole team.

And for the record, I have never called for Daniher to be sacked mid season. Before round one I stated on this site that i doubted his abilities but I have always maintained that he should be able to see through to the end of his contract, not sure where you got that from.