Fevola out of contract- and not happy with Blues offer

Golden Monkey

Wouldn't take Feva, wouldn't take Cousins...

Unless Feva came for free in the PS draft.

The amount we'd have to give up for Feva wouldn't be worth it. Lets say they asked for our priority pick... say pick 17 or thereabouts... In a strong draft year, why would we do that? He only has a handful of years left... and in 4 or so he'll be in exactly the same position as Neitz, only minus the years of loyal service. And what are the chances he will return to his peanut ways? The chances are good.

As for Cousins... That's a maybe. Only because of his training methods.

And like I said, either we have a youth policy or we don't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I love this club more than anyone.. I've been a member for 19 consecutive years... But l tell you what here's a Solution, start from the top.. The President! He is an absolute goose. He can never give a straight answer. Appoint a president with a history of success, a president with a bit of passion.

Look Bailey might be ok.. but In my opinion, he was not the right person for the job. We needed a coach that could market our club to it's potential in it's 150th year, a coach who would draw sponsership and members to our club. And a coach that would scare the living [censored] out of underachievers like Travis Johnstone, Colin Sylvia, Brad Green and the rest of the fairy's down there. Sheedy was the man.

And then we need to completly overturn our list! The fact that Mark Jamar still plays AFL football staggers me... fair dinkum. Holland, Jamar, Mc Donald, Yze, White, Miller, P. Johnson, Chris Johnson, Garland, Robbo, Wheatley, Warnock, THERE NO GOOD!!!!!! GET RID OF THEM! These players will not take our club to any level.

And as for Cards 13 & condemed, there's no need to get personal.. At least l am realistic and honest. That is why our club is the way it is.. People like you two who always think everything is rosey.

Well done instead of vitriol some basic concepts of a solution. At the time Gardner was the best candidate, he has said for a number of years he doesn't want to do the job forever. Translation he wants to move on but as there seems to be no one else who actually wants to do it with the criteria you suggested then he has to keep on going with it. He stuck his hand up to do the job, has he done a fantastic job? No but at least he is putting his arse on the line.

Not to sure I agree on the Bails assessment just yet. I think you need a coach to coach...We need a CEO to market the club and a marketing dept to market the club. I think Bails is and will continue to scare the [censored] out of those mentioned players along with the leadership group that seems to have taken on a greater role within the discipline process this season.

Bails turned over a portion of the list but had to keep a certain portion as he was coming in blind, as another thread is discussing we will turn over another huge portion of games at the end of they year, it doesn't happen mid season.

I'm shattered to see us in this position, we are so far off the pace it is not funny. But I think we are moving in the right direction. Whether this is rosy glasses only time will tell. We need a new Pres and to wait for the end of the season before our list is turned over and we get a new influx of draftees and another preseason into the draftees from the last two seasons

Templeton had physical problems & wasn't the same player.

Should have gone with Cloke.

Also, Plugger & Frawley were on the radar, behind the scenes.

Cloke was not in a fit Templeton's league we did not do the DD on Templeton's fitness.

I had heard that at the time as a rumour but my understanding is that we were never a real chance to get either St K player

Gee golly with posts like your last two I just might turn gay for you.

:lol: There's another thread for that RBT that Morton 10 & Bret Bailey are involved in [together, who knows, none of our business really]

But surely in these days of politically correct extremism it can not be long until there is a Gay section within each AFL club.

I am informed by a most unreliable source that there is already one at the Dork's. Its called the "Mayblooms" and despite expectations that "Buddy" would be their pin-up-boy they apparently all prefer Roughead.

Were such an institution to be created at the MFC it would of course have to be called the Fuschia's

And if there were to every be one at the filth then may I suggest "Colin's Wood"

As good as he can be Fev is a sook, a clown and full of himself. We could not take the risk as he will eventually return to his instinctive (stupid) behaviour and drag us down with him. We should make him an offer though that will ensure his ego continues to swell and Carlton pay top dollar to retain him, then move in on another of their uncontracted players if there is anythone worth looking at?

Ok lets all pretend everything is rosey at our club like everyone else on this forum... We have a great football department that supply fantastic facilities for our champion players. We have a fantastic home base, with state of the art facilities and 50,000 members. We have a brillant president that would rather attend charity walks, a president that instead of marketing our club in australia, goes to fricken china. A president that strips our identity as "The Demons" for people in china who don't give a stuff. But he's our president and his brillant.

We have a fantastic playing list with 10-15 players who will get a game with any other side. Although we've been smashed 5 times in a row.. we can see what game plan our coach is trying to implement. BECAUSE WE ARE MELBOURNE..

Fev wants to play in the NFL. He trains once a week working with a punting coach, and has plans to wind up his career at 30 and head over to the states. He has been scouted as a potential punter, and Fev is looking at it as a late career move.

How do I know this? Spoke with Angelo Fevola (nice bloke) in person about his sons future. He also did state that he loves Carlton, and he LOVES having Judd at the club. Fev will not leave the blues unless he is shoved (ie donkey contract offer).

Would Fev be good at the dees? Fev would be good at ANY afl club. He would be treated like a GOD at the demons, as we are in need of an Identiy. Fev could be that idol we crave.

Can't see Carlton letting him go over a small thing like a contract term.