Dees will finish where in 2008

beelzebub

Ladder 2008 position for Mfc  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well its intersting seeing the results to date. Over half agree with me that we will finish somewhere 5-8 and despite many's a derisive gaze I think thats reasonable. Im not expecting our new bies to rush out and change the face of the game I am expecting however that what we would consider our proper starting 22 to be able to play a decent game of footy With new impetus from above and I can only hope a sound game plan we ought to be back at least to where we expected to be this year... a fair dinkum contender in the finals..and that puts us 5-8.

Quite frankly i dont understand anyones view that we are bottom eight..but fair enough .., its an opinion

This year is surely an abberation.. we arent really a 14th place team

going forward Im thinking a couple of years maybe 5-8 before seriously stamping our pedigree in the top 4 , and doing so for a few years :)

I think we have far more genuine reason to thinking we might do alright next year than for a long while.

I dont think we are going to be near the predictable same ol same ol Dees of old !! I think a difference in attitude from the coaching if nothing else will put a lot more pressure on the "established " to fight for their places. I dont think Bails will play favourtes !!

Good players coming back.. a year more under the belt for some of the kids..and some serious talent waiting in the wings !! That and such a landmark year for the club...I expect MFC to lift and prove more than competitive in 2008 :)

im still thinking around 6th :)

I dont expect us to be like a bull at the starting gate and then die, but reckon we will get better as the year goes on.

I predict a slow start to the season, but a strong finish will see us scrape into the 8 and have a few teams worried about having to face a young team with some momentum behind them.

I also have Ricky Pettard to win the Rising Star award, as he will still be eligible after not playing enough games last season. It will also be a great feel good story for the media with what happened to Ricky last season.

Virtually every team in the league will be thinking they've improved over the past season. Although I think Bailey looks the goods, other teams have taken time to get used to a different approach and philosophy from a new Coach, and DB will be learning the ropes this year. While we do have many exciting youngsters, plenty of guys playing AFL footy for us next year will be pretty young and inexperienced, and there are some glaring deficiencies in our list that won't be rectified in the short term. I have no doubt we'll see an improvement over 2007 - not hard - but we shouldn't have unrealistic expectations.

a question to those that feel we may still only finish bottom 8... who do you think is going to keep us out ?

a question to those that feel we may still only finish bottom 8... who do you think is going to keep us out ?

the only bottom were going is bottom half of top 8. mind set is such a big thing, and as i said prevoiously if teams didnt learn from the cats last year the meaning of team they never will. GO THE DEES AND GO ROBBO

I dont see Freo as any threat ...they have some rebuildoing yet..and need to link games and create cohesion.

Coolingwood I think may experience a dose of reality in 08. Some serious talent no longer on board..watch for them in 09 and 10.

St Kilda ?? the mish mash Sainters may get it together.. lets see.. we can match them without too much stretch !!

which Port ?? lol...I think they have peaked for moment and will fall away to top of bottom eight for a few years.

West Coat are in for a BIG reality check now...never to be taken lightly.. not the team of a few years back either.

Hawthorn...too one dimensional. Not concerned here.

yes those teams will be in our way....but they wont stop us :)

teams with big key fowards, as with last season we have noone to play on Franklin, J.Brown, Q.Lynch etc. we rely on the midfield playing well to make it easier for the defence but that doesnt always work.

Id agree Buddy is a problem.. but he's not always on song..needs more a tag than a gorilla. Lynch might have go in search of ball a lot more next year as his magic B1 and B2 have gone. Brown is a handful no two ways about it.. ( geez wouldnt ya love someone like him...drooool !! ) . id expect brissy to be somewhere near us.. ( probably just under...lol )

actually I dont hink we'll set the world on fire straight out of the box but build through the season.. Slow and steady wins the race..

they'll be no crawling...lol. better to arrive at sept in good form and fit :)