Get the Johnsons Kids shampoo out...

Diablo

Its also a common sense approach against the uninformed bile that people pass on this site as criticism of the Club.

I have constant emails to & from Dean Bailey & myself every few days.

Agreeing with the approach MelbourneFC is taking.

I disagree with bile from most Melbourne supporters. Let's be honest here, most Melbourne supporters are whinging b*tches!

I am NOT criticising the club Rhino.

But I do understand if people are angry with the decision.

After all, that's what this game is all about - Wins & Losses.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I'm sick of hearing it already.

I got up this morning a genuinely couldn't believe the story - people getting angry at the club for trading Johnstone, when frankly we all know his attitude has had him on the edge of getting traded every year of his career.

I suppose a lot of fans have invested a lot of personal committment in Johnstone - we've spent a lot of time and effort defending him and now he's gone.

I really think it's done a lot of harm to the club over the years that one of our highest profile players is invariably discussed in terms of 'unfulfilled potential', 'letting the team down', 'hot and cold' and 'soft'. It's been exhausting, it's hard to let go, but it will be for the best.

I promise, this trade is for the best.

Especially if we use pick 14 to grab a quality young Key Defender, shifting our personell balance to where we always need more.

And especially if we do manage to pick up Trent Cotchin with pick 4.

Not to mention the extra opportunity this creates for CJ, Buckley, Petterd, even Dunn. For that matter, it could provide an opportunity for some of the mature players to assert themselves in more aggressive midfield roles previously earmakred for Johnstone.

Not to mention the extra opportunity this creates for CJ, Buckley, Petterd, even Dunn. For that matter, it could provide an opportunity for some of the mature players to assert themselves in more aggressive midfield roles previously earmakred for Johnstone.

Now that's what I like to hear!!!!!!!!!

PSD may also bring a new surprise if all goes well ;)

Guest unstable punt
That is scurrilous. I have not condemned people for being upset in the slightest. I UNDERSTAND people are upset, but people are slating the club for making a tough call, and that is what is annoying me. People can take all the time they want to get over it, thats their right, but to slam the club, like some people are, is extremely disappointing. How is that being a true supporter, unstable punt? I love the joint, have no doubt of that. I am DELIGHTED that they are finally showing a bit of bottle.

Again, people can take as much time as they need to get over it mate, but ringing up talkback radio and the club and tearing shreds off of them is hardly what we need from our supporters.

What l am saying is people get upset, this is what being part of footy club is, so what if some are ringing up the club and radio and moaning, they will get over it. l loved Travis too but l knew it was for the good of the club, he has plenty to offer still and will be a better player at Brisbane or more consistent, l think Bailey should have backed himself in to try and get the best out of him but 'such is life', get on with it. You must remember the shyte that followed Woewodin going, this is the same. l'm sticking up for supporters who are upset about this and l understand why, there is no use slagging them off for being passionate about their club.

There is a difference with being passionat and being ignorant. It's great that supporters are expressing their anger at trapper leaving, but they should also realise that it is a good move for the club going forward. Woey was great, 2 years later he was finished... enough said.

What l am saying is people get upset, this is what being part of footy club is, so what if some are ringing up the club and radio and moaning, they will get over it. l loved Travis too but l knew it was for the good of the club, he has plenty to offer still and will be a better player at Brisbane or more consistent, l think Bailey should have backed himself in to try and get the best out of him but 'such is life', get on with it. You must remember the shyte that followed Woewodin going, this is the same. l'm sticking up for supporters who are upset about this and l understand why, there is no use slagging them off for being passionate about their club.

I'm not slagging them off Unstable Punt!!! The people I am unhappy with are those who are preaching eternal darkness as a result of his departure! Please mate, I am not trying to condemn people for being upset. If people are upset that is 100% A-OK. But if those people then go on and start abusing the club, and suggesting that all that lies ahead is doom and gloom, that is when it gets pathetic. You support the club, not the player. It seems that some of these people on talkback radio and whatnot do not.

For that matter, it could provide an opportunity for some of the mature players to assert themselves in more aggressive midfield roles previously earmarked for Johnstone.

I'm wondering who exactly they might be.

We're left with Robertson, Neitz, Yze, McDonald, White and Holland at the "aged" end.

The "more mature" players are now Whelan, Carroll, Bruce, Green, Ferguson and Wheatley. They're the only ones left in the 25-28 group!

The "more mature" players are now Whelan, Carroll, Bruce, Green, Ferguson and Wheatley. They're the only ones left in the 25-28 group!

I think Bruce & Green will have to up the tempo now.

Let's hope it's for the best - That's all we can say guys.

Guest unstable punt
I'm not slagging them off Unstable Punt!!! The people I am unhappy with are those who are preaching eternal darkness as a result of his departure! Please mate, I am not trying to condemn people for being upset. If people are upset that is 100% A-OK. But if those people then go on and start abusing the club, and suggesting that all that lies ahead is doom and gloom, that is when it gets pathetic. You support the club, not the player. It seems that some of these people on talkback radio and whatnot do not.

But this is how people get it off their chest, haven't you heard supporters ring up talk back after their teams been flogged, they get into everyone including the bootstudder, this is what is called supporting your club. You scream and yell at them when they are crap and you happily do the same when they are great. Supporters have to let their anger and frustrations out. Now if we were all like what you say we should be and accept everything the clubs does without question, we would all bend over and take it up the arse no matter what the club does. This would be very boring and its exactly what people say about our club 'bland and boring' never say anything just accept what the club does, well NO, some of us want to question what the club does and have a say, give our opinion. This is what supporting a club is all about.

But this is how people get it off their chest, haven't you heard supporters ring up talk back after their teams been flogged, they get into everyone including the bootstudder, this is what is called supporting your club. You scream and yell at them when they are crap and you happily do the same when they are great. Supporters have to let their anger and frustrations out. Now if we were all like what you say we should be and accept everything the clubs does without question, we would all bend over and take it up the arse no matter what the club does. This would be very boring and its exactly what people say about our club 'bland and boring' never say anything just accept what the club does, well NO, some of us want to question what the club does and have a say, give our opinion. This is what supporting a club is all about.

Look mate, if you condone people preaching doom and gloom because one underperforming player left, thats your right. I think it's pathetic, you think its a good way for people to vent, but we can agree to disagree.

You have the right to criticise, as I have the right to reason. We all loved TJ, but I love the club more. That is not to say that you don't love the club, or those talk-back callers don't. It is to say, that the best interests of the club were met this week.

The pragmatists among us get upset when the club is slated, for making a hard decision, but a decision that will take us closer to a flag.

And that's really what it's about in the end.

They want success, but they don't want anything to change.

Melbourne made their most important and significant change. Removing Daniher. That was the right decision because he was Melbourne's biggest weakness.

Only time will tell whether or not trading TJ was the right decision. Melbourne fans don't just want change for the sake of change. It's about making the right changes.

Removing a sub-standard coach = good change - just about any other coach would do better.

Removing a sometimes inconsistent, yet highly skilled player affected greatly by injuries = time will tell - depending on how well the player drafted player performs.

EDIT: Having said all of that, it is the kick in the pants that the players need. My only concern is that Travis was pure class and that is hard to replace.