Brownlow betting for 2008

north westerly

Are there any bookmaker web sites that have odds for next years Brownlow winner up yet?

I'm going to load up on Trav for the Brownlow next year. He's going to carve it up for Brisbane, as he will only attract the 4th or 5th tagger after they tag Lappin, Power, Black etc., as opposed to having the best tagger each week at Melbourne.

I hope they have also have the odds for who going to be our next coach because it's a well known fact that Bailey named Trav as definate trade bait during his interviews for the coaching gig. Bailey had better hope that his assessment of Trav form the other side of the SA border was accurate. Me think not!!

I wonder if there are odds on when this current board "lead" by the snow flake Gardner is going to be challenged............I'd give them 12-18 months.

Are there any bookmaker web sites that have odds for next years Brownlow winner up yet?

I'm going to load up on Trav for the Brownlow next year. He's going to carve it up for Brisbane, as he will only attract the 4th or 5th tagger after they tag Lappin, Power, Black etc., as opposed to having the best tagger each week at Melbourne.

I hope they have also have the odds for who going to be our next coach because it's a well known fact that Bailey named Trav as definate trade bait during his interviews for the coaching gig. Bailey had better hope that his assessment of Trav form the other side of the SA border was accurate. Me think not!!

I wonder if there are odds on when this current board "lead" by the snow flake Gardner is going to be challenged............I'd give them 12-18 months.

Yeah good early bet on TJ would be a good one. I think Bailey has made the right call however, as sad as I am to see TJ go.

I agree he'll do well, and I hope he does.

That doesn't mean it was the wrong decision - you rightly point out that he would receive more attention at Melbourne - as our Premiership tilt isn't within the next two years.

Whether TJ does well for Brisbane is irrelevant.

While I won't go so far as to say TJ will win the Brownlow next year, I reckon he'll poll at least 15 votes. Jon Brown's Coleman Medal odds mst have shortened today. As we speak he's probably fashioning steel nipple-protectors in anticipation of TJ's laser passes.

Sure, a great move - Trade the only match winner on our list and state that a hack like Miller is untouchable.

PATHETIC!!!

Ok, I've now heard it said that Travis Johnstone is our only player who can deliver to the forward line, AND is our only match winner.

Christ on a Bike!

I s'pose we'd better get Pickett back in, too.

Travis Johnstone will be Brisbane's payback for dumping Aker on the Bulldogs.

I am in the camp that is sad to see Trav go and I think he will have a much easier footy career playing up in Brisbane as he will get the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best tagger each week. Although I don't think he will be outstanding as I still think he will be hit and miss with his form, you can guarantee that he will be arming the laser and hitting the J Brown's chest so accurately he will need nipple protectors as has been mentioned.

Surely J Brown will win the Coleman again just through sheer volume of delivery from all the Brisbane mid-fielders, but I also think that this will be Trav's best Brownlow polling year, but he might not lead the Lions in the count as they have other players to take the votes from him.

Interesting thought on how good he could be, but we have been saying that for a few years at the Dees too?

The load shifts a little off Simon Black, now that TJ is there.

Black nearly won the Brownlow without much notice or recognition of an outstanding year.

I think he may be a good bet next year.

But J.Brown may very well pinch Lots of votes off both.

It Maybe that the Lions could be having a good year.

I have deleted 10 posts from this thread.

Memo to the public: If you want to [censored] on Yze_Magic, please do it in private (PM). The rest of the world does not want to see it.

Least u werent biased.......u deleted his aswell

A bet on Tj for the brownlow?

I have a better idea. How about you invest your money in the Melbourne Football club. Instead of paying out on what is now a DONE DEAL, move on with your life and give to the club.

If you really want to bet, how about you invest it in Shares, something that will have a chance at a return, instead of the absurd delusion that travis johnstone could actually win a brownlow.

For all the trapper sooks, a Brisbane membership is just a phone call away. And while you are at it, why not buy a WAFL membership, isnt woey buried in there these days??

If you really want to bet, how about you invest it in Shares, something that will have a chance at a return, instead of the absurd delusion that travis johnstone could actually win a brownlow.

What makes you think it's absurd?

TJ's still young enough to play to somewhere near his potential. In the past, he finished #4 in the Brownlow, so he can poll votes. It's likely another Brisbane player may be tagged, so TJ might find he has more freedom playing as Brisbane midfielder. Maybe he might even find himself an improved player with a new Coach and Club structure - I don't think we got the best out of him.

Stranger things have happened.