Johnstone and Carroll on the market

Yze_Magic

JOHNSTONE, CARROLL ON THE MARKET

"Johnstone, the Demons' 2005 best-and-fairest winner, had last night attracted interest from at least two clubs and will be moved on if the price is right."

Interesting stuff about Carroll in the article as well

If we trade him we had better get a full back in return otherwise Frawley is the only full back on our list.

Carroll was dropped late in the year, though his performances weren't that bad and then promoted again after a week at Sandy. I think it was far more of a disciplinary action. There was also the incidents overseas. I think the club would like him to get back to where he was in 06 rather than taking his career for granted. He's tradable because he's 27 and is a second choice tall rather than a first. If we were offered any pick below 30 you'd have to consider it seriously.

I hope everyone (who hopes Trapper leaves) will enjoy TJ carving it up at another club's midfield and probably win a B&F next year - in exchange for pick 18 who will probably play about 6 games in 3 years.

That's the risk. No doubt about it.

But on the other hand, as supporters we crave only one thing at the end of the day, and that's 22 guys who have a red hot dip each week. If that's Bailey's number 1 criterion, then for value, Trav must be looked at.

FWIW, I would bet my left knacker no-one will give us what we want for him and this is being used as a massive wake up call to one of the most complacent (and, let's be totally honest, underperforming) footballers going round.

FWIW, I would bet my left knacker no-one will give us what we want for him and this is being used as a massive wake up call to one of the most complacent (and, let's be totally honest, underperforming) footballers going round.

I agree, we will struggle to get much for him, and hopefully the fact that there is little interest in him acts as a wake up call, although it has come about 10 years too late. But better late than never

it wont bother my if he carves it up actually. he hasnt fulfilled his potential, and as a player i like, i wouldn't mind seeing him prosper in a new environment. i dont believe he will fire for us next year. if we want to win a flag we need some high draft choices. if we get them it will be a win for all clubs.

i will be more disappointed if we see yet another high draft pick wasted on a player that doesnt make it...

BBP, if that happens he'll have one year of brilliance, then get comfy again. It's what supremely talented but unmotivated players do. Anyone remember Adam Heuskes (for his playing skills, not for his cross-dressing)? He did it at three clubs.

How many years do we have to wait for Trav to fire, Maybe this will wake him up, he has been around a while but you wouldnt rate him up with the best midfielders purely on his inconsistency.

I think the message the club has sent is clear, Perform or you be out the door replaced by younger players.

i dont think so.

it is highly unlikley its because problems of the feild, otherwise ud expect mclean to be in the same position....

He had a bad year he really struggled against the big forwards, although he is always fighting above his weight.

Guest unstable punt
This is just a wake up call for TJ dont think that he will get traded

I hope your right, I can't stand the thought of Travis at another club because he will tear it up, remember last game 42 possies, I know it was a nothing game but we know what he can do......jeebus don't trade him

the wake up call both of them bloody well need. travis won't respond if he doesnt get traded..he'll just turn out like jonny hay, he won't want to be there. as for carroll...let's trade him too

but why haven't the gay crows given us meesen...they aint getting pick 21

I agree, Travis is a favourite but how long do you have to keep a favourite?

At 27 he should be at his peak but he drives me crazy how he can vanish and have no impact on games. He has exquisite skills and I hope this trade talk has added the ability for him to extract the digit on a more regular basis.

Regarding Carroll, I think he is a victim of not having a big full back to bail him out, he is not full back size and will repeated get smashed if he does not get some big sized help.

JOHNSTONE, CARROLL ON THE MARKET

"Johnstone, the Demons' 2005 best-and-fairest winner, had last night attracted interest from at least two clubs and will be moved on if the price is right."

Interesting stuff about Carroll in the article as well

If we trade him we had better get a full back in return otherwise Frawley is the only full back on our list.

i dont want carroll to go. i think if our midfield was a lot stronger and faster, our defenders would look much better and be able to spoil easier

As I understand, Carroll is being traded solely for his off-field behaviour. The overseas trip was simply the final straw in a long series of incidents in which Chop fu*ked himself up. I worry more for Syl than Brocky or Rivers, b/c he is more often his partner in crime. They all need a bit of shake-up.

That being said, I think it's time we had a list of dedicated fu*king footballers. Make them shave their heads and run 'til they throw-up every fu*king session until they know what it takes to be elite athletes.

Every time I think of what it takes to win a grand final, I remember Kerr from the Coxy and Kerr Footy Classified interview - "When I started training in January, Cousins would run so hard he sometimes had to be helped to his car afterwards. I figured that was what it took to be an AFL footballer." While I may hate that particular club, what a powerful statement.

Looking forward to Meeson; hear he's coming along well, and as a former first rounder... Well, just think Hamish.

That's it, isn't it? When a midfield is carving up the opposition you can take a look at the stats and say that the FF kicked 0.1, but if their midfield isn't getting the ball to them on their chest than it makes the defenders job a lot easier.

It's a very difficult position to examine and judge.

I'll be sad to see Trapper go if we do move him on, there have been some truly magnificent from him over the years and but they have been few and far between.

the ox has just made comment on his own show about travis johnstone's possible trade after a caller was dismayed at the possibility.considering there are more players at melb. that have played with less consistancy than him.

The OX made mention that it's probobly all about his behavior "OFF" the field and not on.

also that travis's parents have been devastated by all the media attention.

as well as mentioning that the ox had spoken to travis on the ph. today and relayed his opinion to him..

Interstingly when asked whether the ox had been mentioed in trade talks back in 98,and was spruiked for "WAYNE CAMPBELL"

but richmond were not interested neither was wayne !!

the ox albeiit was dirty, but then mentioned that he and wayne campbell both were best and fairest the following year !!

so obviously putting the wind up both players !!

good call by the ox...

Sorry if I sound disrespectful but I don't understand why his parents are 'devastated' by the media attention..

It's just trade talk?

guess.

i would presume the fact of being trade bait.?? maybe they were devastated by "all this".(end quote) which means media attention??

and as such they dont want him to be traded ???

just heard that jude bolton is on the trade table ,,so maybe a swap ???????? doubt it though..