Cousins...Trade or not to trade???

jackson45

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Does not surprise me

I am sure he was told he was going to be sacked, and may have decided to retire instead

Either way, if he leaves the Eagles a lot of people will be apologising to me

*BUMP*

There must be alot of supporters who have proposed MFC chase Cousins looking even more stupid than before.

Well, some......

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/cousins-...2300751402.html

What a walking disaster Cousins is.

*BUMP*

There must be alot of supporters who have proposed MFC chase Cousins looking even more stupid than before.

Well, some......

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/cousins-...2300751402.html

What a walking disaster Cousins is.

If this is true and if it is drug related I feel sorry for this boy and fear for his future. It should be a lesson to all young people. Drugs can destroy the career of a brilliant athlete and do so much damage to those who try and use them. I wish him well with his treatment if he continues to get some. His family must be going through hell. Very sad.

If this is true and if it is drug related I feel sorry for this boy and fear for his future.

Let's not forget, Ben Cousins is 30 years old. He's not a child any more and actually should take responsibility for his own actions.

I'm sick of people saying "Give the kid a break" or 'He's a young man who's stuffed up'. (Not directed at u Redlegs btw)

The man is 30 years old.

Let's not forget, Ben Cousins is 30 years old. He's not a child any more and actually should take responsibility for his own actions.

I'm sick of people saying "Give the kid a break" or 'He's a young man who's stuffed up'. (Not directed at u Redlegs btw)

The man is 30 years old.

Thats the problem, drugs take away the ability to take responsibilty for your actions. Thats what an addict is, a person who can't control him or herself. I hope a lot of kids out there learn from this famous lad and what he has done to himself and his family. He has a mate ( another great Eagle ) who died of an overdose "allegedly" only a week ago.

Thats the problem, drugs take away the ability to take responsibilty for your actions. Thats what an addict is, a person who can't control him or herself. I hope a lot of kids out there learn from this famous lad and what he has done to himself and his family. He has a mate ( another great Eagle ) who died of an overdose "allegedly" only a week ago.

And what experience have you had dealing with addicts? Are you an authority in dealing with drug issues? Or just a concerned parent?

And what experience have you had dealing with addicts? Are you an authority in dealing with drug issues? Or just a concerned parent?

Dont be such a pretentious [censored] GOF.

Redleg's comments are decent reasonable reflection on a disappointing situation.

Dont be such a pretentious [censored] GOF.

Redleg's comments are decent reasonable reflection on a disappointing situation.

Apologies if im not insulted.

I thought his comments were rubbish... Everyone is keen to pass judgement without knowing the facts of the latest indiscretion. It's easy for Redleg to lable Ben Cousins an addict, just as it's easy for me to lable you a loser.

I would prefer if Redleg took his "Danger of Drugs" speech elsewhere... no place for it here. Save it for the kids.

I thought his comments were rubbish... Everyone is keen to pass judgement without knowing the facts of the latest discretion indiscretion. It's easy for Redleg to lable Ben Cousins an addict, just as it's easy for me to lable you a loser.

I would prefer if Redleg took his "Danger of Drugs" speech elsewhere... no place for it here. Save it for the kids.

I thought his comments were perfectly in line... and if you don't think Cousins is an addict then believe what you want to, but you can take your own brand of sermonising somewhere else, those of us that have had regular contact with addicts don't want to hear it.

I thought his comments were rubbish... Everyone is keen to pass judgement without knowing the facts of the latest discretion. It's easy for Redleg to lable Ben Cousins an addict, just as it's easy for me to lable you a loser.

I suppose the fact that I prefaced my comments with "if this is true" mean nothing to you. You are welcome to treat my comments as rubbish, its a free country. I never said Cousins was an addict but again why ruin your attack on me with the truth. I thank you for telling me to take my comments elsewhere, when did you assume ownership of this site. You are obviously baiting me because I showed some concern for Cousins and his family. Well mate I haven't taken the bait. You just keep posting rubbish and attacking people.

Whatever your thoughts it is undeniable that he has got problems, and the reality is that he may well be an addict, he may not be, but he has got problems, and it's time something happened about them, i dont think you have to be any authority on the subject to work this one out.

I suppose the fact that I prefaced my comments with "if this is true" mean nothing to you. You are welcome to treat my comments as rubbish, its a free country. I never said Cousins was an addict but again why ruin your attack on me with the truth. I thank you for telling me to take my comments elsewhere, when did you assume ownership of this site. You are obviously baiting me because I showed some concern for Cousins and his family. Well mate I haven't taken the bait. You just keep posting rubbish and attacking people.

Well you keep beating up every issue you get your hands on.

Full points for effort, Redleg....

I thought his comments were rubbish... Everyone is keen to pass judgement without knowing the facts of the latest discretion. It's easy for Redleg to lable Ben Cousins an addict, just as it's easy for me to lable you a loser.

Insulted???

More exposed for your unreasonable attack on Redleg.

Redleg did not pass judgement and provided an opinion. He is free to express that comment within the COC rules.

If anyone is beating this issue up its your precious self.

Insulted???

More exposed for your unreasonable attack on Redleg.

Redleg did not pass judgement and provided an opinion. He is free to express that comment within the COC rules.

If anyone is beating this issue up its your precious self.

Funny I don't feel exposed, more amused by your interjection.

Happy to move on... I'll leave you with Redleg to reflect on other pressing social issues.

Cousins is a Bomb waiting to go off. I think regardless of the has happened, if he is found guilty for anything, he is finished at AFL level.

He is out of control, and needs SERIOUS help.

If anything, I think this will help our chances of Drafting Trent Cotchin, given the cultural problems at WC and the fact that his father has come out to the press prior about his dislike of WC's culture.

Imagine Cousins and Juda$ departing the eagles midfield. Not so glamorous on paper anymore.

cousins would be a bad influence on the playing group.

his unresolved drug-issues would be a huge distraction.

even after the first final (after Cousin's outstanding return to football), i never wanted him to play for us.

this season WestCoast imploded from within. sure they were still competative on field, but its only a matter of time before their disturbing culture catches up with them.

i wouldnt touch cousins with a 10-foot pole no matter how good a footballer he is.

plus, he's 32. clearly he doesnt fit in with our plans anyways...

it is so obviously clear that a main reason Judd left was because he was disgusted by his club's environment. incident after incident...Fletcher almost o.d over the summer...then kerr's phonecall to his drug-dealer when they were discussing the helucinatory effects of his last hit....cousin's drug-issues...chick's drug-issues...these incidents only the tip of the surface.

i know all clubs have drug-related issues to some extent, no doubt. however, being part of a footy club myself, i can only imagine how disruptive and disturbing these issues have been.

i dont want MFC to ever be like that.

say NO to players who will be diruptive to the club's environment and culture. it will cause effects all the way through the football club

For your information Redleg is a barrister with years of experience in the law and I know that in his professional life that he's seen the destruction wrought by drug takers not only on themselves but on the people around them, particulalry their families who are the real victims of the drug culture. Working in the law myself I've also seen that and it's not pretty. I feel for Cousins' family right now - they must be going through hell whether this latest incident is drug related or not.

I really feel sorry for the bloke.............and yeah, yeah, I know he is is responsible for his own actions etc which is true, but to see a bloke whose life is caving in around him is sad to see.

Football is the least of his problems now.......he has a serious fight just to get his life back in order, and I hope for his sake he does.

As stated earlier, his family must be gutted, and feel helpless.

What Cousins needs is an AFL club where he will feel right at home, perhaps where even the President has had his brushes with the law.

Does anyone know if there's a club that fits the criteria?

No, ridiculous suggestion.

Ben feels at home with bikies smoking ice. Don't think any afl presidents share the same interest.

what if we could get him in the PSD?

would love him, forget the drug issues, he has passed drug tests since rehab, and from all reports doesnt even drink anymore

provides a great "football" role model for colin sylvia and brock

MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A RE THINK ABOUT THAT ONE........ <_<