Brock McLean and Nathan Carroll allegedly in another fight

deestroy08

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put them both on a plane straight home!

This is what will happen. Even if this has been blown out of proportion by Tony Jones (wouldn't surprise me at all), they are clearly putting themselves where the trouble is, and right now that is just what the club cannot afford. All we need now is for Robbo, in a drunken stupor, to try and crack onto Twig at the Brownlow after party, and we'll be fair in it.

In all seriousness, every club has these incidents, and I doubt Judd will pay much notice to it. We have actually had a couple of good years with pretty much none of this shenanigans (apart from Sylvia's minor indiscretions). Didak and Johnson from Collingworst have both got themselves in the mire in the last couple of years (Didak multiple times), and let's not get started on the walking disaster that is Fevola.

And coming from WC... well it'll all seem like sugar and spice, wherever he goes.

And coming from WC... well it'll all seem like sugar and spice, wherever he goes.

Exactly. My issue isn't with this incident deterring Judd because it won't - he comes from West Coke, and as Diablo points out, is presented with other options at other teams who also have/had their issues.

The problem is that Brock and Carroll, whether being actively involved or just simply putting themselves in a position to become involved, are making bad names for themselves.

I appreciate that it's the off-season and players like to let their hair down or, in Chopper's case, like to take their headband off, and as they deservedly should.

But the boundaries start to get pushed when police and arrests and fighting are allegedly involved, and players concerned are hit with a 'Please explain'.

....Which is why I'm suggesting that we find Brock a girlfriend - probably Jaded - to whip him into captaincy-shape, and keep him far, far away from any trouble. :rolleyes:

was this the story that was posted under the thread name "breaking story involving afl players" yesterday...or several days ago, which i missed as usual :P

No.

That story was a rumour regarding drugs that was denied by the AFL a couple of days after it started circulating.

All we need now is for Robbo, in a drunken stupor, to try and crack onto Twig at the Brownlow after party, and we'll be fair in it.

Haha.

I for one will wait for confirmation....

for the conspiracy theorists out there.... interesting that CH 9 are the ones to push this story at a juncture where the clubs image is paramount for future decisions.

Agreed eddie everything filth would have something 2 do with that. <_<

Maybe it didn't even happen at all.

It's amazing what you can ALLEGE happened on the other side of the planet to suit your own needs.

It's probably just Eddie playing hard ball because he knows Melbourne is a much better fit for Judd.

Let's hope that the MFC come out with THE FACTS and makes Tony Jones and Channel Eddie look like the rumour mongers they are.

GO DEES

As most people on here were blaming the Swedes, this time its the Germans fault. Its certainly ze Germans who are to blame.

Whatever you do, don't mention the war....

I read an interesting article some time back that was actually referring to Clinton I think. It went something like: We expect our (male) heros and leaders to be strong, manly and unbreakable, which equated to having a very high level of tesosterone. Yet when that high level of testosterone leads to indescretions such as Monica Lewinski or dare I extrapolate to football player's indescretions off the field we condem them resoundly. It is reasonable to expect them to be able to switch off totally this high drive when paradoxically we applaud it on the field? It may be a credit to them we don't have more incidents?

(though how this theory explains our P.M. or what is says about us I don't know!)

Please don't read my condoning bad behaviour into this, it just set me thinking - that's all!!

if it would make some of you guys happy we should lock our players up in the big brother house and keep an eye on them 24/7!!!

god some people calling them to come straight home and they dont even know the story!!!

ill ask you all a question who think that, whats the story? have you ever been to this event? and finally how sad are your lives trying to control otherS!!!!

Bailey's first job at the club should be to order these morons home today!

Is it so hard to go on an end of season trip without getting in a blue :rolleyes:

:angry: :angry:

A bit hard to order them home, when the club can't make contact with them!!!!!!

Still nothing on the MFC website confirming or denying (the rumor), even though it has been reported in papers and other websites.

Whatever you do, don't mention the war....

I read an interesting article some time back that was actually referring to Clinton I think. It went something like: We expect our (male) heros and leaders to be strong, manly and unbreakable, which equated to having a very high level of tesosterone. Yet when that high level of testosterone leads to indescretions such as Monica Lewinski or dare I extrapolate to football player's indescretions off the field we condem them resoundly. It is reasonable to expect them to be able to switch off totally this high drive when paradoxically we applaud it on the field? It may be a credit to them we don't have more incidents?

(though how this theory explains our P.M. or what is says about us I don't know!)

Please don't read my condoning bad behaviour into this, it just set me thinking - that's all!!

very interesting point and it would be worth a body of scientific research. if proved correct it would go down the path of athletes who are almost a separate breed than everyone else...

scary thought

Club statement:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Season2007/N...px?newsId=51672

They were provoked, but the fact that they can't steer clear of trouble is a problem.

No charges were laid, and no laws were broken. Lets hope they don't decide to get intimate with any more police stations in Europe.

Club statement:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Season2007/N...px?newsId=51672

They were provoked, but the fact that they can't steer clear of trouble is a problem.

No charges were laid, and no laws were broken. Lets hope they don't decide to get intimate with any more police stations in Europe.

Thanks Jaded.

Happy to give them the benefit of the doubt on the basis that they have not been charged in relation to either incident and seem to have been the innocent less guilty party on both occasions.

A third occasion however would start to look like a pattern as it's not good enough for club leaders to get themselves repeatedly in those types of situations.

if it would make some of you guys happy we should lock our players up in the big brother house and keep an eye on them 24/7!!!

god some people calling them to come straight home and they dont even know the story!!!

ill ask you all a question who think that, whats the story? have you ever been to this event? and finally how sad are your lives trying to control otherS!!!!

Once is bad luck.

Twice is a joke.

I find it a bit suspicious how:

"The Swedish blokes started it in the Greek Islands"

"The Dutch bloke started it in Munich"

Is there a pattern?

These blokes are paid $250,000- $300,000 to uphold standards and behaviour. If their not willing to pay this small sacrifice, then they should be playing suburban footy at some bogan club.

No they aren't. They are paid to play football.

Yeah, but there are lots of people who play football and don't get paid anywhere near as much. It is expected that, when they sign on the dotted line, they will uphold the name of the club to the best of their ability.

Having said that, I'm not someone who buys into the whole role model thing. Personally I think they should be no more responsible than anybody else who is part of the community. If the media didn't badger them all the time, we wouldn't know about all these minor indiscretions. In truth this incident only pisses me off because of the situation we currently find ourselves in. That is, hot on the heels of one C. Judd. It shouldn't have any effect, in reality, but it may, and we can't afford these kinds of [censored]-ups when we are locked into a very competitive battle for the signature of a rare superstar.

Yeah, but there are lots of people who play football and don't get paid anywhere near as much. It is expected that, when they sign on the dotted line, they will uphold the name of the club to the best of their ability.

Having said that, I'm not someone who buys into the whole role model thing. Personally I think they should be no more responsible than anybody else who is part of the community. If the media didn't badger them all the time, we wouldn't know about all these minor indiscretions. In truth this incident only pisses me off because of the situation we currently find ourselves in. That is, hot on the heels of one C. Judd. It shouldn't have any effect, in reality, but it may, and we can't afford these kinds of [censored]-ups when we are locked into a very competitive battle for the signature of a rare superstar.

sounds like 3 warnings before any thing is done.....haven't we heard that in relation to another issue ion AFL !!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: